NUFC finances for 2010/11 announced

Dave

Very good read as it clearly outlines all the work done by the club in recent years to get us back on a solid financial footing. As it states the main problem we have now is maximising our revenue streams. With that in mind I don't think anyone would argue that selling the naming rights is a good idea, its just the crass and insensitive way Ashley has gone about it that is in infuriating.

European football would also help in that respect, as we'd certainly be more attractive commercially with continued involvement in European competition. However, the main positive to take from that article is the fact that we're in line to comply with FFP rules when they come into force, as some clubs, such as Aston Villa could be in some serious s*** when that comes into play.

There is a chance for real growth at this club and the achievement of Category One Elite Player Performance Plan status and the opportunity to recruit young players from across the country, would only help further our potential.

Guest neesy111

Without the increased TV money we'd be buggered.

Could say same for a number of clubs in the premiership imo.

Guest neesy111

Probably, aye. Wigan. :lol:

I'd love to see how much TV money is part of their turnover.  Must be over 65% at least.

It's in that piece. 88%. :lol:

Brilliant read as many have already said.

I think everyone on N-O should be made to read it and thereafter sit an examination to ensure it has sunk in. Anyone not reaching a set pass mark should be banned indefinitely.

I think everyone on N-O should be made to read it and thereafter sit an examination to ensure it has sunk in. Anyone not reaching a set pass mark should be banned indefinitely.

That's Neesy fucked :lol:

That's Neesy f***ed :lol:

:lol: :lol:

88% though that is ridiculous. Wigan are royally knackered if they go down. They won't do a Pompey, but they won't be darkening the Premier League's door for a while.

:thup: In which case, why is player amortisation included in the operating loss, but profit on player sales isn't?

I think it's because player sales are basically one-off things, operating costs are consistent, something like that.

:thup: Will give the article a proper read later. Interesting that they were keen to publicise how well they're running the club from a financial POV, but were reluctant to really tell the whole story with regards to how much money they made. Although, I suppose, it's also understandable.