Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I think he's quality and always kept the faith even after City. Lets hope he keeps learning as he could be a very important player for us for many years.

Agreed, he suffered like all of our defenders because we couldn't defend as a team which made them look much worse than they are.  Our midfielders (mainly central) were a joke earlier in the season and that has changed and our defence looks a lot  better for it.

I think he's seen his match against City and realised he really has to knuckle down if he's to have a respectable career here. You can see he has quality in his game.

I thought he came in for far to much flak last season tbh, in the whole I thought he was fine, he hasn't even been here a full season yet.

Those who watched him in france before he joined. Was he quick then?

What I mean is, he has looked like a player going through a period of adjustment, getting used to the fact he isn't as quick as he once was.

When he first joined he was getting square on to attackers like he felt he could beat them for pace. Also when he went forward he was bombing on and trying to go down the outside only to again get done for pace.

Just thinking after a number of injuries he seemed to have in his final year at Lille perhaps he has lost a yard and it's taken him awhile to realise he needs to step back and give himself extra space to defend against faster players?

Guest bimpy474

Someone in the pub today said that it was Debuchys 5th booking this season today. Can any of you football know it alls confirm this? Will he be suspended v Norwich?

He is banned yes.

Stick Mapou RB and bring Colo back in alongside Williamson?

I'd prefer not to make too many changes, move Santon over and bring in Haidara or Dummett.

That's the same number of changes, though?  Starter moving position, one player coming in?

Aye it is :lol: had a mare here.  :blush:

But still i'd think i'd prefer two fullbacks in a game where we will be expected to win than a CB playing out of position.

Stick Mapou RB and bring Colo back in alongside Williamson?

I'd prefer not to make too many changes, move Santon over and bring in Haidara or Dummett.

That's the same number of changes, though?  Starter moving position, one player coming in?

Aye it is :lol: had a mare here.  :blush:

But still i'd think i'd prefer two fullbacks in a game where we will be expected to win than a CB playing out of position.

Basing it on Mapou having previously done areet at RB, whereas Dummett is still on the fringes/coming back from injury, as is Haidara.