Newcastle Jerseys

kager

Posted by: cybermansrevenge  Posted on: Today at 05:38:57 AM 

"That's an absolutely bizzare article, certainly seems to be the subjective opion of the writer  Dave Golokhov, who's bio lists him as Canadian from the Smog of Toronto (maybe that explains why he's a twat with something against NUFC). "

Oh, I don't seem to be able to find this bio list mind you. 

Guest cybermansrevenge

Ooh humble pie time on my part re-reading he doesn't definatively state he's Canadian so back to open season on anyone looking North American then.

I shall be doing remedial google studies.

Of course it still doen't change the fact he's a cock.

So what if they call shirts jerseys or uniforms or strips or whatever, you need to find something better to be pissed off about.

The guy that wrote the article was Canadian, not an American, but I imagine any none football/soccer fan over here would probably read the article and agree. I love football, I love the black and white stripes, I think the kit looks classic, but overseas, black and white stripes are almost exclusively for refs. If it was vice versa, you'd probably be shitting on a team in North America that wore a uniform that was exclusive to referees in your country.

So the guy picks on Newcastle instead of Juve or West Brom, if he would've picked Juve, would anyone here have cared what he thought?

Everyone always likes to shit on Americans (Yanks), for calling football soccer. I've always thought it was a bit unusual to call American football football because they hardly ever really kick the ball, but regardless, when american football was growing in the US, football in England was slangly referred to as soccer, so we called it soccer and it stayed that way ever since. It's too late now for american football to change it's name to american rules rugby.

Sorry to rant, but I hate when people decide to call us/me "yank C***s" when it was a Canadian that wrote the article.

yank cunts  :lol:

Guest cybermansrevenge

yank C***s  :lol:

Personally I met many more nice yanks than arseholes, on the whole they tend to be more polite than many Brits (see above post) and the ones who are prepared to come across to the UK tend to be more open minded and prepared for criticism of their country then any Brit (of course I am myself British and guilty at times of being a wanker towards certain Americans).

But to generalise on a nation because of one columist opion seems unfare, if anyones a c*** it would be Dave Golokhov, but I doubt he really is. If you read his other article's he seems to be a bit of a saddo small time journalist/betting tipster. He seems to like using "soccer" references in his articles presumably to show he's worldlywise, maybe he should speak to the Chronicle about a colum with Alan Oliver he fit right in.

yank C***s  :lol:

Personally I met many more nice yanks than arseholes, on the whole they tend to be more polite than many Brits (see above post) and the ones who are prepared to come across to the UK tend to be more open minded and prepared for criticism of their country then any Brit (of course I am myself British and guilty at times of being a wanker towards certain Americans).

But to generalise on a nation because of one columist opion seems unfare, if anyones a c*** it would be Dave Golokhov, but I doubt he really is. If you read his other article's he seems to be a bit of a saddo small time journalist/betting tipster. He seems to like using "soccer" references in his articles presumably to show he's worldlywise, maybe he should speak to the Chronicle about a colum with Alan Oliver he fit right in.

hence the smilie, dipstick

Guest jackmisfit

Thanks cyber. I met a woman from South Africa that was visiting here and she was suprised at how different most americans were compared to what she had expected. Not all of us are loud and arrogant!

Guest Gemmill

Thanks cyber. I met a woman from South Africa that was visiting here and she was suprised at how different most americans were compared to what she had expected. Not all of us are loud and arrogant!

If you're not loud and arrogant, you must be fat!

Guest jackmisfit

"If you're not loud and arrogant, you must be fat!"

I have to admit that I've been packing on the pounds since I met my fiance, but I don't consider myself fat...

Nowhere near Shepherd's weight class...

Guest Gemmill

If you're not loud and arrogant, you must be fat!

LOL but no smile I'm getting confused. :lol:

I left one off to see which way you would take it. ;)  As intended, thankfully.  :thup:

Guest Gemmill

I've got a thick skin Gemmill, (no fat pun intended)! Just a bit of a headache this morning that's making me irritable.

Have a twinkie and relax, fatty.  :lol: ;)

At first I though he meant that home particular home kit we had early nineties.... You know the one with stripes of different sizes (literally barcodes in that case) and thought okay maybe fair enough... but no he's talking about in general and even links to a photo of our current home kit which is lush!

Crazy.

What a strange list. I actually quite like a few of those.

It must be something about taste on the other side of the pond - Before the season started there was an article on the ESPN website by one of their columnists about choosing the best Premiership team to support. City came 4th or so on his list based purely on the virtue of our kit, which he was convinced is spectacular - I think its tragic mental.gif

• 2 weeks later...