Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Werder were in a similar position at the time too, with a CL qualifer to play.

I wonder how that Brazilian kid they got instead has done there? Wesley?

EDIT: According to Wiki he's went back to Brazil with Palmeiras for €6m, played 25 times in 2 seasons.

Werder were in a similar position at the time too, with a CL qualifer to play.

I wonder how that Brazilian kid they got instead has done there? Wesley?

Back playing for Palmeiras.

Edit: too late

De Jong hasn't signed for anyone yet according to his agent.

http://www.nu.nl/sport/2848988/luuk-jong-wil-vertrekken-bij-fc-twente.html

I would be thankful if someone translate the article, I only have my iPhone available so...

Luuk de Jong wants to leave at FC Twente

HOOFDDORP - Luuk de Jong has decided this summer at FC Twente to want to leave. There are several clubs interested in the services of the 21-year-old striker.

Photo: Getty Images

'' Luuk yourself out there. If he step can make the right sports, then he would be glad to do'', says his agent Louis Laros opposite TC Tubantia.

'' And it do not need to be absolute top club. A good club in a big league prospect where he gets to play can also be a good step.''

The words of Laros can mean good news for Newcastle United, which is currently the most specific. The English club would have about 12.5 million euros for De Jong.

Laros:'' At the individual names of clubs I'm not, but there are more than two clubs are seriously interested.''

Alright, here goes for a more accurate translation (only exact agent quotes):

''Luuk has made a decision. If there is a possibility to make a step in his career sportingwise, he is ready to make it''

''It doesn't have to be an absolute top club. A good club in a big competition where he will have the perspective to be in the first team would be an excellent move''

'I am nog going to mention specific clubs, but there are more than two clubs very interested'

Some more quotes (from his agent speaking to Voetbal International):

"Luuk wants to continue his development in a big league."

"The most important thing for is is the sportive perpective for Luuk. Not the money, but the style of play and the amount of playing time he will get will be the decisive factor"

(In reaction to McLaren saying he should stay at Twente for at least one more season): ""Luuk has reached the Dutch national team and scored 25 goals in the Eredivisie. What else should he do? Score 35? Luuk is ready in Holland"

"I hope we have clarity about his future by July 9th at the latest" (first training day for De Jong at Twente)

Playing time mention is an interesting one. He's only a guarenteed starter if Ba goes. Although he will get plenty of playing time as one of 4 options in say a front 3 (Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, De Jong) with European football, cups, and ACON but you'd imagine if he makes a move for his career he wants to be either first choice forward or guarenteed a starting place.