Douglas

BONTEMPI

Aye, forgot they had Brian Ruiz. Hope the European football we offer will be the deciding factor.

Btw, just noticed...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2je4m5d.png

:lol:

I dont get it...

That's just the first time I saw the 5 most recent posts to be under the same topic, being relatively new here n' all :blush:

Yes I agree we need another quality CB but from a number of reports I have read this guy seems like a complete spanner . If he chooses Fulham and Londinium over us this will be proof enough.

Just saying that if he is likely to be a disruptive influence do we still want him !

Guest bimpy474

Personally i think the London thing is way overplayed, when you listen to players who have signed for us in recent years. They love Newcastle, the city and sights are an factor that helps them sign not prevents it.

That and London is a fuckhole that should be napalmed flat.

Guest bimpy474

You can't be serious?

Aye, i can. I'm just going by what players have said once they join Newcastle. That and how Newcastle is now viewed down here.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't mean the Newcastle part. Our city is beautiful. I meant the London being horrible bit. It definitely isn't like. Especially if you're going to the kinds of places you can when you're on a footballer's wage.

Guest bimpy474

London is hard work on minimum wage, but I imagine it's an amazing place on £60k a week.

I used to work in London two or three days a week and in my very biased point of view. It was horrid and full of rude ignorant people, and with the exceptions of the musuems and a few sights it looks just so ugly.

Yes I agree we need another quality CB but from a number of reports I have read this guy seems like a complete spanner . If he chooses Fulham and Londinium over us this will be proof enough.

Just saying that if he is likely to be a disruptive influence do we still want him !

What makes you think Douglas would be a disruptive influence? The only dodgy incident people keep referring to when it comes to his mental state was when he went berserk after being sent off when the opposition player dived.

London is hard work on minimum wage, but I imagine it's an amazing place on £60k a week.

I used to work in London two or three days a week and in my very biased point of view. It was horrid and full of rude ignorant people, and with the exceptions of the musuems and a few sights it looks just so ugly.

Footballers are rude ignorant people.

Guest bimpy474

I don't mean the Newcastle part. Our city is beautiful. I meant the London being horrible bit. It definitely isn't like. Especially if you're going to the kinds of places you can when you're on a footballer's wage.

Ahhh i see what you mean now. Well yes the nightclubs and places to eat but as you pointed out the footballers wage would mean they could go anywhere anyway. I see the point but my inner hatred is ruling any argument to the contrary. ;D

Most people are pretty decent except when they're cramming themselves on the tube. Even then it takes a saint to not completely go mental. It has some of the most beautiful city areas in the country, if you can afford to spend any time there.

I can understand why anyone would prefer Newcastle though, it's a city without having the overwhelming size and population of London. If I was a footballer I might prefer to be a bit away from the limelight as well. Ben Arfa suits it for example. Guess it depends on your personality though, I bet some players love being the centre of everything.

Guest bimpy474

Footballers are rude ignorant people.

Sadly you are right in some cases.

Guest bimpy474

Most people are pretty decent except when they're cramming themselves on the tube. Even then it takes a saint to not completely go mental. It has some of the most beautiful city areas in the country, if you can afford to spend any time there.

I can understand why anyone would prefer Newcastle though, it's a city without having the overwhelming size and population of London. If I was a footballer I might prefer to be a bit away from the limelight as well. Ben Arfa suits it for example. Guess it depends on your personality though, I bet some players love being the centre of everything.

The way you have put it Ian is how i think Tiote put it fairly closely. Now we seem to be signing players who dont seem to playboy tarts who spend their life in clubs. I know you cant do that so simply but we do seem to looking at decent characters. Pards often tells us thats what the club looks at closely now.

Dont mind me i have complete bias against London after so many years working there, funnily enough mainly in expensive areas.