Other clubs fans.

madras

Villa's antics that day defined the term 'small time', they revelled in it as if they were a non-league side who'd just knocked Man Utd out of the cup. Middle aged blokes acting up like teenagers, really was pathetic.

Can't stand Arsenal fans, self absorbed, self righteous, obnoxious twats. Forest in the Championship were cringe worthy too. Were so glad they didn't come up with us.

West Ham/Millwall/Spurs/Chelsea are 10% sound and 90% complete cunts in my experience. Living in a London overspill town these are the most supported clubs and they're generally a complete nightmare.

should be a message for our lot when we go away but i've met many detestable chelsea fans, i endured a train journey with some after a game up here that took 3 days of biting tongue (3 hrs in real time) but last season i accidentally shared a table with some chelsea fans who were really nice, a couple of which were like myself, a bit older and battle worn but now just wanted a day out, beer, banter etc. and as i said in my OP, little things like that can change your opinion of a club.

I'd have been at that game, a 0-1 reverse when Sterland and Lyons kicked everything above grass height?

My uncle was a ST holder at Hillsborough and I never had a problem with them until i went with him to that game when we won 1-0 down there with the last kick. (green asics shirts, Andy Cole). Sitting amongst them for 90 minutes of what was a dull game was bad enough, surrounded by the most dour and ill-informed bunch of (supposed) football fans i've ever met was the limit. Laughing like f**k on the inside as Cole tucked away the winner.

i'm sure the same bloke was there 2 years off the trot, in the same top in the same place. remember they wore yellow top white shorts (bukta) and both games were similar very narrow wins either way.. also remember at hillsborough possibly the best away atmosphere on the bank holiday monday, defeat but moral victory with coppers hats being thrown onto the pitch and the leppings lane union jack being pulled down and a toon scarf hoisted in its place. on the pitch they beat us but the place erupted. their fans werent happy and the coppers had a battle all the way up to wadsley bridge with their fans.

Hillsborough was a top away day right enough, regularly fell on a b/hol iirc. Still don't like 'em though, and now i've just remembered that 'Tango' div kid n'all.

Always had no problem with Villa fans

nar, May 2009 changed that.  Some are probably areet on their own (brummie) but collectively they were a bunch of c***s that day.

from what i hear they done nothing we wouldn't , looked forward to that week and enjoyed sending down a largish club. had we been away at stoke or west ham or wherever it would've been exactly the same. had it been the other way round we'd have done exactly the same.

We drew nowts-each at Birmingham a few years beforehand and sent them down.  Wasn't there but I largely doubt we went to the extent they did to rub it in.

when was this ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/apr/30/match.birminghamcityfc

thought you were meaning villa. birmingham aren't really the biggish club like villa or us. imagine having everton or villa or spurs at SJP on the last day and sending them down.....we'd take the piss in the same way as the villa fans did, anyone would.

I agree.

Honestly, I don't want to get into an argument with anyone over that, but the gloating would have been the same. The time to worry is if you go down and nobody bats an eyelid, like Wolves, for example.

The banners were a bit OTT, but really, you're talking about a handful of people.

The fans I don't understand are Everton. There's always been a big respect from Villa to Everton as clubs, as they're pretty much "us" in many ways, the two clubs are so similar, but recently it doesn't seem to get reciprocated.

We've probably got more undeserved points against them than any other club in recent years, but really, it's not that big a deal, is it?

I know some of them didn't like Young and Laursen running the length of the pitch with cupped ears after that 94th minute Young winner, but that kind of overlooks the fact that Joleon "childhood Villa fan" Lescott had, about 60 seconds prior to that, scored against us and done his over the top celebration right in front of our fans - something he's done pretty much every single time he's scored against us.

They also strike me as very whiney and whingey in recent years. Whever we play them at our place, they seem to spend at least 80 of the 90 minutes shouting for penalties.

Still, i still like Everton. I remember the double replay of the 77 LC final. What a tussle that was.

On a general point, though, it's probably daft to judge clubs on a small number of idiots.

I saw my mate's 18 year old sister get a brick in her face at nigh-on point blank range from some scumbag after leaving an NUFC - AVFC match at SJP in the late 80s. That's probably the most horrible thing I've seen at a match, as it was so cowardly and mindless, but it doesn't make me think all Newcastle fans are mindless woman-hating thugs.

I'd have been at that game, a 0-1 reverse when Sterland and Lyons kicked everything above grass height?

My uncle was a ST holder at Hillsborough and I never had a problem with them until i went with him to that game when we won 1-0 down there with the last kick. (green asics shirts, Andy Cole). Sitting amongst them for 90 minutes of what was a dull game was bad enough, surrounded by the most dour and ill-informed bunch of (supposed) football fans i've ever met was the limit. Laughing like f**k on the inside as Cole tucked away the winner.

i'm sure the same bloke was there 2 years off the trot, in the same top in the same place. remember they wore yellow top white shorts (bukta) and both games were similar very narrow wins either way.. also remember at hillsborough possibly the best away atmosphere on the bank holiday monday, defeat but moral victory with coppers hats being thrown onto the pitch and the leppings lane union jack being pulled down and a toon scarf hoisted in its place. on the pitch they beat us but the place erupted. their fans werent happy and the coppers had a battle all the way up to wadsley bridge with their fans.

Hillsborough was a top away day right enough, regularly fell on a b/hol iirc. Still don't like 'em though, and now i've just remembered that 'Tango' div kid n'all.

That Tango bloke being the fat bare chested tit?

He's - oddly - from Wolverhampton.

Oh. One last thing.

I can respect a supporter of pretty much any club, so long as they're not a no-good fucking glory hunter.

If you're some douchebag from Croydon who latched on to Man United (or Man City these days), then really, your opinion on anything football related is entirely null and void to me, it is totally irrelevant and I don't want to hear it.

You have no idea what it means to support a football club properly, you've no idea what it feels like because you opted for the near-guaranteed success option, you worthless maggot.

You don't deserve to be listened to, you sub-Tim Lovejoy wankers.

On a general point, though, it's probably daft to judge clubs on a small number of idiots.

I saw my mate's 18 year old sister get a brick in her face at nigh-on point blank range from some scumbag after leaving an NUFC - AVFC match at SJP in the late 80s. That's probably the most horrible thing I've seen at a match, as it was so cowardly and mindless, but it doesn't make me think all Newcastle fans are mindless woman-hating thugs.

Yeah, most clubs' fans are like all other clubs' fans. There might be some variation on the percentages though: For example, Arsenal now have a higher percentage of middle-class, smug, pretentious, glory-hunting pricks than most. If I do say so myself.

I had to stand with the away fans at a Spurs-Millwall match once and it was the most fun I'd had at a game for ages. Two of the nicest, most knowledgeable fans I know are West Ham, but I've heard the most violent, bigoted, racist abuse there. And at St James Park tbf, in the 80s. I always had trouble with Villa fans in the 80s, but now my wife is Villa and some of my best friends are die-hards. I remember heading back on the train from Villa Park a couple of years ago and the two Spurs fans in front of me were embarrassing cunts.

Everyone's experience will be different, but you're more likely to hate fans that you never socialize with. That said, the clubs I have had very few good experiences with are Liverpool, Cardiff, and modern-day Arsenal and Chelsea fans.

Oh. One last thing.

I can respect a supporter of pretty much any club, so long as they're not a no-good f***ing glory hunter.

If you're some douchebag from Croydon who latched on to Man United (or Man City these days), then really, your opinion on anything football related is entirely null and void to me, it is totally irrelevant and I don't want to hear it.

You have no idea what it means to support a football club properly, you've no idea what it feels like because you opted for the near-guaranteed success option, you worthless maggot.

You don't deserve to be listened to, you sub-Tim Lovejoy wankers.

This. I want clubs to be rooted in their communities and their communities to be invested in their clubs, however much that is divorced from reality now.

Leffe- on away trips, I regularly see behaviour by Villa fans that makes me truly fucking shudder, it is so moronic.

It is always worst at the clubs who do big allocations and low prices. Wigan, for example, where they give you 5.5k cheap tickets, and every prick out there brings his mates with him for a once a season trip (all of whom are also idiots).

Every club has them, at the end of the day. It says far more about what is wrong with British society than it does about what is wrong with one football club or the other.

Always had no problem with Villa fans

nar, May 2009 changed that.  Some are probably areet on their own (brummie) but collectively they were a bunch of c***s that day.

from what i hear they done nothing we wouldn't , looked forward to that week and enjoyed sending down a largish club. had we been away at stoke or west ham or wherever it would've been exactly the same. had it been the other way round we'd have done exactly the same.

We drew nowts-each at Birmingham a few years beforehand and sent them down.  Wasn't there but I largely doubt we went to the extent they did to rub it in.

when was this ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/apr/30/match.birminghamcityfc

thought you were meaning villa. birmingham aren't really the biggish club like villa or us. imagine having everton or villa or spurs at SJP on the last day and sending them down.....we'd take the piss in the same way as the villa fans did, anyone would.

I agree.

Honestly, I don't want to get into an argument with anyone over that, but the gloating would have been the same. The time to worry is if you go down and nobody bats an eyelid, like Wolves, for example.

The banners were a bit OTT, but really, you're talking about a handful of people.

The fans I don't understand are Everton. There's always been a big respect from Villa to Everton as clubs, as they're pretty much "us" in many ways, the two clubs are so similar, but recently it doesn't seem to get reciprocated.

We've probably got more undeserved points against them than any other club in recent years, but really, it's not that big a deal, is it?

I know some of them didn't like Young and Laursen running the length of the pitch with cupped ears after that 94th minute Young winner, but that kind of overlooks the fact that Joleon "childhood Villa fan" Lescott had, about 60 seconds prior to that, scored against us and done his over the top celebration right in front of our fans - something he's done pretty much every single time he's scored against us.

They also strike me as very whiney and whingey in recent years. Whever we play them at our place, they seem to spend at least 80 of the 90 minutes shouting for penalties.

Still, i still like Everton. I remember the double replay of the 77 LC final. What a tussle that was.

In fairness, it's pretty damn irritating. We always seem to be the better team yet end up not winning, consistently.

Doesn't mean I hate Villa though. They strike me as a club who should be in and around the top 8.

• 2 weeks later...

Swansea fans are canny.

Aye. When we played them in the Championship I was sat next to a lad from Swansea who supported us and came up with his brother who was in the away end. Quality bloke.

Also thought Crystal Palace were a decent bunch when they came up that year, although that may have been because they'd just gone into administration and I felt sorry for them  :lol: Seeing the worry in their little faces reminded me of how I felt only months beforehand.

Thought Birmingham City's away support was grand last season, sang their socks off a few weeks before being relegated.

Guest firetotheworks

I try not to cast all fans in the shadow of their idiots, but there are fans of a club that I meet that have generally all been arseholes or shouldn't be associated with said club over the years. It's sometimes hard to imagine them not all being like that. In this instance it's Liverpool.

I agree with the point about Everton fans being whingey as well. Goodison last season sounded like a 90 minute free kick/penalty appeal imo.