The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Guest Roger Kint

Tsonga 3-1? Very harsh on Murray.

How so? He was pretty lucky not to go 2-0 down last night and Tsonga is a good player. As i was going for odds its not likely i would pick more plausible results is it? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

So You Think a N/R Saturday.  Hope nobody backed him ante post.

I do hope people backed others ante post though.  Prices will collapse now.

PP dont have a market for it(unless its been pulled following this withdrawal

So You Think a N/R Saturday.  Hope nobody backed him ante post.

I do hope people backed others ante post though.  Prices will collapse now.

PP dont have a market for it(unless its been pulled following this withdrawal

Yeah, they will be adjusting it plus sorting the declarations out (think they're at 10am).

9/4 the field.  Farhh fav, then 11/4 Nathaniel (in from 13/2 which is a joke) and can't remember anymore :lol: any excuse for the prices to drastically contract and the bookies to have a field day.

10 declared.

I reckon AOB doesn't want to affect SYT's stud valuation.  Possibility he could lose to a less exposed type and might as well finish in the UK on a high point.  Send him back racing in Aus for 1 or 2 more wins, then retire with the wins fresh in everyones mind. 

I bet Queenie and Stoutey are kicking themselves for not entering Carlton House now!

Guest Roger Kint

That horse on Saturday i was thinking of was City something. Only problem being theres one in the Eclipse and one in the other big race and i cant remember which it was. Am about 90% sure it wasnt Cityscape though  :lol:

It was Stu and someone else i think. Theres another horse running on Saturday that i was going to back now you reminded me but i cant think of the name. Will have to wait til then to see the abc guide to find it.

It was Andymc and Ash

Aye, ran a really interesting race last time out. With So You Think out I reckon 5/2 is a decent enough price to warrant backing.

Guest taps01

Anyone mentioned Cisse at 25/1 to be top prem scorer next season?  Ill be having some of that. 

Do they reduce the price of antepost bets for non-runners btw? I know they've done it to me a couple times when I've place a bet early in the day and they've there's been non-runner announced later on.

Guest Roger Kint

Do they reduce the price of antepost bets for non-runners btw? I know they've done it to me a couple times when I've place a bet early in the day and they've there's been non-runner announced later on.

They shouldnt do unless its a non runner announced on the day i think(Rule 4) I may be talking shit though :lol:

Edit: Just noticed you said you put the bet on the same day so yeah it would change then

It was Stu and someone else i think. Theres another horse running on Saturday that i was going to back now you reminded me but i cant think of the name. Will have to wait til then to see the abc guide to find it.

It was Andymc and Ash

Aye, ran a really interesting race last time out. With So You Think out I reckon 5/2 is a decent enough price to warrant backing.

I'll be backing it on Saturday like. Problem may be at the start if it's slow out again. Finished like a train at Ascot though and had plenty of traffic problems. Looks a good bet to me.

They shouldnt do unless its a non runner announced on the day i think(Rule 4) I may be talking shit though :lol:

Edit: Just noticed you said you put the bet on the same day so yeah it would change then

Ah fuck, that was the only reason I decided against sticking the bet on. So if I'd got money on @ 9/2 that's the price I'd have been paid out at if it won, despite SYT's withdrawal?

Guest Roger Kint

Ah fuck, that was the only reason I decided against sticking the bet on. So if I'd got money on @ 9/2 that's the price I'd have been paid out at if it won, despite SYT's withdrawal?

Should do yeah. When i back horses months in advance of the National their odds dont move when others drop out in between then and the actual race day. If it says 'Ante Post rules apply' then the odds shouldnt change.

Guest Roger Kint

A place at Yarmouth and a win at Haydock so far in my course E/W accumulators today.

Brockwell? :hmm:

I have one win(above) with three to go

A place at Yarmouth and a win at Haydock so far in my course E/W accumulators today.

Brockwell? :hmm:

I have one win(above) with three to go

Indeed. :) Senora Lobo and Mollyvator come in on the next round. Fuck off with 3 winners and a place so far. :lol: I'll probably get winners or places in all the next ones apart from the final race in each accy. They'll both finish 4th and I'll be left with nothing. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Got Magic Secret, The Ducking Stool & Strada Facendo. Noticed afterwards the useless cow on SSN has MS as tip of the day so thats already dead in the water  :lol:

Got Magic Secret, The Ducking Stool & Strada Facendo. Noticed afterwards the useless cow on SSN has MS as tip of the day so thats already dead in the water  :lol:

:lol: Does she ever get owt right? Never seen a single correct tip, not that i've paid much attention tbf.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Does she ever get owt right? Never seen a single correct tip, not that i've paid much attention tbf.

Excelled herself yesterday tipping a 1/3 shot which she claimed was a 'bit of value after yesterdays short priced tip' only to see it get beat :lol: