The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Guest Roger Kint

Is it you? Scoop your £400,000 winnings NOW!

Calling all ToteScoop6 punters – check your betting slips NOW!

We are urgently appealing for the mystery customer who placed a £2 bet in a Betfred shop in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and picked the six winners of the Scoop6 races last Saturday to come forward...

Why so urgent?

-  Firstly, you’ve already won a whopping £394,487!

-  Secondly, if you don’t claim it before 2pm on Saturday you will miss your chance to go for the bonus fund and potentially win a further £251,996 or more! The bonus race will be the 3.20 Newcastle the John Smith's Northumberland Plate at Newcastle

“Usually punters are banging my doors down to collect their winnings and I’m really worried that our Scoop6 winner may not actually know they’ve won,” said Betfred boss Fred Done.

“I urge anyone who played the Scoop6 in the Newcastle area last weekend to check their tickets just in case they’re sitting on a massive windfall – especially as they only spent £2 on the bet!”

The winner needs to go to any Betfred shop before 2pm Saturday or phone 0800 028 4418. Betfred will also take the winner and their family to Newcastle Races on Saturday as VIPs when they will hopefully take their winnings to nearly £650,000!

Turns out the person that won this actually picked two of the winning horses by accident.  :lol:

:lol: Aye i saw that in the paper yesterday, a mix up with his daughter or something?

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: I missed that bit

Shortest price i have backed today is 5/2 and i dont like betting on those prices most of the time. Could do with a few winners today to start the new season off well.

Hmm, what 5/2 shot is this? :shifty:

Its the dodgiest of dodgy favourites, Mohawke Ridge a Dods horse who rarely gets anything from short priced favs. Nothing else appealed to me and as for as i saw it was his only donkey out today :lol:

I'm sold. :lol:

:scared:

:lol: I missed that bit

Shortest price i have backed today is 5/2 and i dont like betting on those prices most of the time. Could do with a few winners today to start the new season off well.

Hmm, what 5/2 shot is this? :shifty:

Its the dodgiest of dodgy favourites, Mohawke Ridge a Dods horse who rarely gets anything from short priced favs. Nothing else appealed to me and as for as i saw it was his only donkey out today :lol:

I'm sold. :lol:

:scared:

:lol: Nah. Half-tempted just to stick money on shit like the above shitcunt who managed to win £400k and not even need to claim it. Bastard. Is Tote worth getting involved in?

Guest Roger Kint

I usually do the Scoop6 when the fund is hitting £1m as its just a daft few quid. Never really done any other Tote bets like placepots/quads etc.

I usually do the Scoop6 when the fund is hitting £1m as its just a daft few quid. Never really done any other Tote bets like placepots/quads etc.

:thup: Feel most of them aren't worth the hassle and you might as well stick with websites with fixed odds betting. But when I see wins like that I feel Scoops are worth a quid here and there. :lol:

:thup: Feel most of them aren't worth the hassle and you might as well stick with websites with fixed odds betting. But when I see wins like that I feel Scoops are worth a quid here and there. :lol:

Like Roger says, the Jackpot or Scoop 6 is worth a go every now and then if the pot is big.

Placepots fuck me off no end, stopped doing them now.  At big meetings, if you can get the fav out and get some big priced winners in, it's probably worth it. 

I've done them before to 20p a line and got 2 placed in 3 or 4 of the races plus, had the favourite out in most of them and it's returned about 70 odd quid.  Had mates that have done it at small meetings and got back less then what they staked :lol: Seems a lot of hassle for not a big return.  Not that easy to call that many horses getting placed in 6 races either! 

Happy doing my multiples online and seeing the exact paybacks.

Is it you? Scoop your £400,000 winnings NOW!

Calling all ToteScoop6 punters – check your betting slips NOW!

We are urgently appealing for the mystery customer who placed a £2 bet in a Betfred shop in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and picked the six winners of the Scoop6 races last Saturday to come forward...

Why so urgent?

-  Firstly, you’ve already won a whopping £394,487!

-  Secondly, if you don’t claim it before 2pm on Saturday you will miss your chance to go for the bonus fund and potentially win a further £251,996 or more! The bonus race will be the 3.20 Newcastle the John Smith's Northumberland Plate at Newcastle

“Usually punters are banging my doors down to collect their winnings and I’m really worried that our Scoop6 winner may not actually know they’ve won,” said Betfred boss Fred Done.

“I urge anyone who played the Scoop6 in the Newcastle area last weekend to check their tickets just in case they’re sitting on a massive windfall – especially as they only spent £2 on the bet!”

The winner needs to go to any Betfred shop before 2pm Saturday or phone 0800 028 4418. Betfred will also take the winner and their family to Newcastle Races on Saturday as VIPs when they will hopefully take their winnings to nearly £650,000!

Turns out the person that won this actually picked two of the winning horses by accident.  :lol:

:lol: Aye i saw that in the paper yesterday, a mix up with his daughter or something?

A father sent his daughter to the bookies with a list of six horses to pick. She accidentally picked two "wrong" ones that end-up being winners with the other four.

Well that was fun. E/W 7 folds on each venue today. First horse at Worcester won. First horse at Catterick lost. Second horse at Worcester lost. Kempton tonight is all I've got left. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Piss off.

Mohawke won btw. Plus PP just gave me a £10 free bet as apology for downtime yesterday, never even noticed and made a profit anyway :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I smell a rat, messi gets a tip just as we all get free bets?  :hmm:

Its like on Bottom with the fake leg :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Stuck my tenner on All The Winds, EW, in the 20:35 at Kempton.

Also, Messi's tip - Ibtahaj in the 21:05. :hmm:

That Alex Hammond on SSn said 'yesterdays tip was such a short price lets see if we can win you some real money today' followed by that fucker, 4/6F at 9am today. Aye cheers pet

Tsonga/Federer/Djokovic/Murray 4 fold is 2.23, tempting.

Got 6/4 this morning, £30 returns £75. :thup:

Missed out on Paddy enhancing Murray's odds to 2/1 though. :dave:

Nice one. :thup: I oohed and aahed over this, oh well. Also didn't put on the Djok/Murray final at the QF stage, kicking myself (at this stage).

Tsongo 3-1/Djokovic 3-2 double for a daft £1 is £40 back.

FFS. Just asked about doing a 3-1 double in the tennis thread. You're already making me regret it. :lol: £15 gets me £200. Returns like that just aren't destined for me so I know it'll lose. :aww:

Genuinely a bit pissed now I've looked through the horse results. My three E/W 7 folds. Kempton, three wins, a place and 4th, 6th and 8th places. Catterick, a bit closer, two winners, 3 places, a 7th place and a 6th place. But Worcester? 4 winners, 2 non-runners and a 7th place. :lol: Fucking cunts. I've seen enough today to tell me to persevere with these bad boys, though.