Junior Hoilett finally joins QPR

Guest sicko2ndbest

IMO while it's true that Carroll's stats aren't very impressive, we all saw that this kid has talent.

We all watched every game of that amazing spell of his and it was clear that he had far more than just height and brute strength.

His career's been a bit fucked up due to his own mistakes and weak mentality, but we should know better than anyone else that he's clearly something special.

His "wonder year" was seemingly more down to form and massive confidence than talent. You don't just switch off talent for 18 months.

We're seeing the real Carroll now. Grant Holt has scored nearly as many in the Premier League than Carroll btw.

Laughable how a few are using Liverpool's insanity and stupidity of buying Carroll for 35M as justification of why Carroll at 15M is good value. When you benchmark your price against stupidity, then guess what, the justification is stupid too!

Cant see many/any doing that tbh. During his time with us id say about 95% would have agreed he was worth 15m or more. The last two hes scored have been top class goals which hint strongly its purely a confidence issue, i see little reason to think he cant get back to where he was & surpass it at his age.

Hes still developing, the 35m price tag & expectation from that hampered him if anything. Liverpool saw his potential & made a complete mess of it. The lad last season was not the same lad whos first two goals for them were a 30 yarder past Hart & a diving backwards header.

His "wonder year" was seemingly more down to form and massive confidence than talent. You don't just switch off talent for 18 months.

We're seeing the real Carroll now. Grant Holt has scored nearly as many in the Premier League than Carroll btw.

More down to form?  :lol: Form isnt a magical thing that suddenly improves a players ability tenfold, it happens when a player is reaching his capabilities consistantly. Makes no sense.

More down to form?  :lol: Form isnt a magical thing that suddenly improves a players ability tenfold, it happens when a player is reaching his capabilities consistantly. Makes no sense.

Form is exactly that. He scored a fair few in the Championship against poor teams and took that confidence into the Premiership. The fact that he almost instantly looked a much worse player when he left tells the story.

That strikers need confidence? When he joined them he was injured, he didnt play till March & did well as soon as he started matches.

Also, he moved away from his hometown and had massive homesickness issues, was burdened with the expectations of a 35m transfer fee, and started playing in front of the least patient and supportive crowd in all of England.

I think it's pretty obvious that his "true ability" so to speak is closer to his Newcastle form than his Liverpool form.

That strikers need confidence? When he joined them he was injured, he didnt play till March & did well as soon as he started matches.

He scored 2 goals since March, both in 1 game tbf.

4 league goals in 35 games the next season.

Plus an England goal, so 3 goals in his first 4 starts after an injury yeah.

Last season is a write off. Looking now, he scored his first l season against Everton. So Dalglish drops him the next game against Man utd. Gets the last 10 mins in the game after that v Norwich. A start against Wbrom, Carroll scores again. Gets 1 more game v Swansea to score & is dropped for the next two.  :lol: Ofcourse he lost confidence, awful management.

There's a lot of cherry picking of games when defending Carroll it seems. You can't write it off an entire season when he played in 35 out of 38 games.

To bring it back onto whatever is left of the topic, Hoilett scored more league goals last season in a team that got relegated than Carroll has for Liverpool.

He hasn't really done much more than somebody like Danny Graham has done only doing it at an earlier age.

Graham scored 24 for Watford in the Champ, then in his first top flight season had 10 by about the half way mark only to tail off a bit second half of the season. Carroll scored 17 in the Champ, then had 11 top flight goals when Liverpool paid £35 million for him.

What's the difference? Carroll had some very impressive individual displays and scored some goals against the better sides in his favour, but generally the stats and upwards curve align fairly similarly.

Similar story for Andy Johnson in 04/05 and Michael Ricketts in 01/02.

Difference is Carroll achieved those stats in 2 half seasons give or take.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm not on a crusade btw.

:bluestar:

Would you say Sewelly is on a crusade, seeing as he posts more than me on this subject, or just me because you disagree with my opinion? ;)

Over 3 or 4 threads you are clearly the common denominator

Edit: And what in the hell has my opinion of it got to do with what i said. Its becoming a habit of yours to ignore the actual post and go off on your own agenda :lol:

Would you say Sewelly is on a crusade, seeing as he posts more than me on this subject, or just me because you disagree with my opinion? ;)

Edit: And what in the hell has my opinion of it got to do with what i said. Its becoming a habit of yours to ignore the actual post and go off on your own agenda :lol:

You either don't have one or are unable to express it by the looks of it. Not wasting anymore time on you.  :hello:

Guest Roger Kint

You either don't have one or are unable to express it by the looks of it. Not wasting anymore time on you.  :hello:

You avoided my opinion yesterday as it made you look stupid. Feel free to continue avoiding it though, if you kept yours to the proper thread instead of 3 or 4 we could all do likewise with yours.

There's a lot of cherry picking of games when defending Carroll it seems. You can't write it off an entire season when he played in 35 out of 38 games.

To bring it back onto whatever is left of the topic, Hoilett scored more league goals last season in a team that got relegated than Carroll has for Liverpool.

Of which he started how many? You're ignoring the entire argument put towards you, pointless discussion anyway. Going over your head mostly.

Of which he started how many? You're ignoring the entire argument put towards you, pointless discussion anyway. Going over your head mostly.

The entire argument WAS that Carroll hasn't proved he's as good as the nostalgia hunters think. Picking out the odd game he scored in changes nothing.

4 goals in 21 starts. Embarrassing record for a striker an an embarrassing stat to be basing your "argument" on too. Best got 4 in 16 starts  :iamatwat: