The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Disco, I just like the fact we've got a manager who is trying to do something what i want the club to do.

Let's  not forget, we're 17th this evening, so it's hardly sunshine and roses, but Lambert seems to have the support of the fans in being a bit patient with what he's trying to do. It's not going to get great overnight. Aston Villa last season were the most embarassing I've seen us, and I went to my first match in 1973. It's a long way back from that.

I'm just glad the manager has good ideas, and is getting the time to do it.

:thup:

Guest ItalianMagpie

Apparently it's Villa's turn to have a great cup run this year, and they're doing even worse than us in the league. It seems that we are the only club that doesn't even get close to such a thing, why the hell is that?

Quotes from an Arsenal 'fan' in the pub last night:

'At the very least I hope we get a draw so we can take it back to the Emirates'

'Do away goals count?'

When he was going to take his penalty- 'Is Jack Wilshere left footed? He might just be taken it with his other foot, I've seen other players do that'

We will absolutely murder Chelsea. :lol: (No seriously,) Corinthians will give Chelsea hell of a match though because we play a boring organized football.

Wait, what?

The smily takes away the first part ffs. Come on. And what I mean with boring organized football is that we won't give Chelsea space to play.

:thup: Never knew that, good fact for the day.

As well as the middle class in Brazil growing with 40% over the last couple of years as well as Corinthians being in it for the first time gives them the opportunity to go there now that they can afford it.

We will absolutely murder Chelsea. :lol: (No seriously,) Corinthians will give Chelsea hell of a match though because we play a boring organized football.

Wait, what?

The smily takes away the first part ffs. Come on. And what I mean with boring organized football is that we won't give Chelsea space to play.

We're not playing Chelsea until February.

As well as the middle class in Brazil growing with 40% over the last couple of years as well as Corinthians being in it for the first time gives them the opportunity to go there now that they can afford it.

It was mental the amount of support Corinthians has like. I just got back from Sao Paulo and even on the motorways there's people flogging coke and flags in the middle of traffic and such (That much is normal I know). Some people there told me it was sort of like 'the club of the people' the same way AC Milan were?  ??? Still a canny amount with Ronaldo on the back of the shirt from this time there, albeit brief like. Loved the place.

Thinking about it, why did Ronaldo sign for them over Flamengo?

It was mental the amount of support Corinthians has like. I just got back from Sao Paulo and even on the motorways there's people flogging coke and flags in the middle of traffic and such (That much is normal I know). Some people there told me it was sort of like 'the club of the people' the same way AC Milan were?  ??? Still a canny amount with Ronaldo on the back of the shirt from this time there, albeit brief like. Loved the place

Flamengo has the biggest support in Brazil, but like you said Corinthians is the club of the people. It's a saying that everyone from the favelas supports Corinthians. Corinthians is not only for football though so there was a joke that the Brazilian Olympic Federation sent to few 'Corinthianos' to the Olympics and that's the reason Brazil gained so few medals, and that if had they sent more Brazil would've returned to Brazil with 75 bronzes, 55 silvers and 30 golds. Along with 100 of Rolex watches and the Queens crown.

That kind of shows what level the Corinthians team has and their 'stereotype'. It's reported that Flamengo has 33million supporters across Brazil and Corinthians 26millions more or less. Huge numbers.