Alan Pardew

Dave

The stick that he is getting for straight swapping Shola for Ba is way over the top.

He had prepared the formation all week to include Ba in the center and Cisse on the right, an hour before kick-off he can be forgiven for not wanting to switch too many player roles for this week.

The stick that he is getting for straight swapping Shola for Ba is way over the top.

He had prepared the formation all week to include Ba in the center and Cisse on the right, an hour before kick-off he can be forgiven for not wanting to switch too many player roles for this week.

Switching Cisse centrally would put Marveaux up front and then somebody who wouldn't normally be playing in the center. That's three players displaced from the formation they've been practicing all week. It didn't pay off but it's a somewhat understandable decision.

We won't be having this problem again, at least.

The formation he prepared for all week was crap in it's own right. It hasn't worked all season and we end up losing all shape in most games.

It wasnt an hour before kick off though.

And also, i'm concerned that  a Premiership manager cant adjust to setbacks like that.

Guest neesy111

Switching Cisse centrally would put Marveaux up front and then somebody who wouldn't normally be playing in the center. That's three players displaced from the formation they've been practicing all week. It didn't pay off but it's a somewhat understandable decision.

He could had played Bigi. Tiote and Anita in midfield.

He could had played Bigi. Tiote and Anita in midfield.

Right, like I said, that's three players (Bigi, Marveaux, Cisse) displaced from the positions they'd been drilling for all week. (Closer to two I suppose, since Bigi would have been preparing to play CM anway)

Thought he'd be getting more stick than he did at the game today tbf, only heard one little radgie kid shout anything and he got told to shut his face  :lol:

Same here. The group I was sitting with took the view that Ashley had hung him out to dry over the summer and there was little Pardew could do to turn things around with the players at his disposal.

With respect, were any of them watching us at the beginning of the season? We've been shit for the entire thing so far, that falls at the managers feet imo.

I foolishly keep thinking he's turned the corner.  For nearly the full game against Man U and for 70 minutes against Arsenal, we played some fantastic stuff with a weakened team.  We outpassed and had more possession than Arsenal FFS and kept the ball down.  Soft goals and fatigue cost us in both matches.  Then, when the pressure is back on at home to get a result, we revert to type, play hopeful, aimless long balls and lack any craft, gameplan or style. 

You could hear him bellowing out when to go long last night and our players always took a touch, then booted it long.  You can't say the same in the last two games.  So whilst we all have a go at the likes of Willo, Simpson, Perch and Krul for going long all the while, every fucker is at it. 

I accept injuries and a small squad (talent wise, not numbers) has played a part.  But I've had it with him.  It's not just that the football is ugly and frustrating to watch, it's how clueless it all is.  We don't have the players for his prehistoric tactics to work, yet we continue with them any way.  Watching us float the ball to Distin and Heitinga all night was fucking painful and depressing.

You may as well turn off or leave when the other team scores, as it's painfully obvious we will play even more hoofball, become even more disjointed and we won't get anything from the game.  I have never felt like this with any other manager.  We have had worse managers that play even worse football, but Pardew has some good players at his disposal, that are being criminally misused.  Even in the relegation season, I din't think "point at best" after we go a goal down.  That record of his is a joke.  He doesn't know how to change the game for the good, his subs are usually baffling and the way we set up is laughable.  So it's no wonder we never do fuck all after conceeding.

We're stuck with this guy, but I really wouldn't care if he got sacked today TBH.  History seems to be repeating itself and all those Charlton, Reading, West Ham and Southampton fans are looking like they were spot on. 

Charlatan and a fraud.

If he cant switch things in a couple of hours what chance has he got during a game, explains his shit subs etc

Guest icemanblue

If he cant switch things in a couple of hours what chance has he got during a game, explains his shit subs etc

He could have changed it, but what about the players? Would they be comfortable with an entirely different set of instructions, for a different position, a couple of hours before a game? He made the right, if unpopular, call last night.

Which was the wrong decision, incidentally. Just like it was the wrong decision every other time he's done it.

Shola in for Ba is one decision he's being criticised for amongst a whole host of other shit.

He could have changed it, but what about the players? Would they be comfortable with an entirely different set of instructions, for a different position, a couple of hours before a game? He made the right, if unpopular, call last night.

and paid the price

Do me a favour. How hard is it to tell a striker to play in a striker's role and attacking forwards, (Obertan and Marveaux), to play offensively and create chances, while also tracking back when needed.

Football is a simple game, people try and over complicate it far too much with intricate tactics and instructions.

5 days a week spent on defensive positioning?! Really?!

We're a shambles defensively and show no sign of improving. Clearly whatever Pardew is trying to do is not working.

Also, the mere fact that the team shape is dictated by how the opposition play puts Pardew in the same pile as Allardyce and other footballing dinosaurs.

I've been saying it for ages but I'll say it again - we should be working on a very definite way of playing, a style of football that plays to our strengths and is coached constantly, and then we go out to impose our game on the opposition. This is the way modern managers approach the game.

The longer this season goes on, the more last season looks like a fluke.

Guest icemanblue

and paid the price

Well, aye. I don't know where this attitude that we should be beating Everton, currently 5th place, anyway. They're having a fantastic season, and had their stronger players available. We're on a terrible run, and missing our key players. I'd have been happy with a point last night.

The next three games are massive. A minimum of 6 points is required, and I think we'll get them.

He's really made himself look like an idiot after going on about practising that formation in training the whole week. If that's us 'prepared' or 'organized', whatever the hell he wants to call it, then he clearly isn't good at his job.

Without Cabaye, Ben Arfa and now Ba gone indefinitely, he doesn't have the lads to bail him out any more from this long ball tactic of his. At the end of the day when this whole mess is over Pardew, Ashley, Dekka, all the players will go home as millionaires but once again it will be us who pays the price for everything- pouring hard earned money and endless time into the club and getting next to nothing in return.

and paid the price

Well, aye. I don't know where this attitude that we should be beating Everton, currently 5th place, anyway. They're having a fantastic season, and had their stronger players available. We're on a terrible run, and missing our key players. I'd have been happy with a point last night.

The next three games are massive. A minimum of 6 points is required, and I think we'll get them.

I hope you're right, unfortunatly I cant see us getting 3, unless Pardew changes his tactics/selections etc

Guest neesy111

Giving him a bit of money to spend in this window to help him turn it around would be the better option, actually.

He should be doing much better with the options available to him.

Guest neesy111

Do me a favour. How hard is it to tell a striker to play in a striker's role and attacking forwards, (Obertan and Marveaux), to play offensively and create chances, while also tracking back when needed.

Football is a simple game, people try and over complicate it far too much with intricate tactics and instructions.

:thup:

Giving him a bit of money to spend in this window to help him turn it around would be the better option, actually.

He should be doing much better with the options available to him.

I know. I never said anything to the contrary.

Thought he'd be getting more stick than he did at the game today tbf, only heard one little radgie kid shout anything and he got told to shut his face  :lol:

Same here. The group I was sitting with took the view that Ashley had hung him out to dry over the summer and there was little Pardew could do to turn things around with the players at his disposal.

With respect, were any of them watching us at the beginning of the season? We've been shit for the entire thing so far, that falls at the managers feet imo.

I agree completely. Was just surprised to hear that folk still thought Pardew was immune from criticism.