Alan Pardew

Dave

Losing patience with him a bit now - fed up listening to his gabble. However, it would be counterproductive to sack him now and am still hoping that, if the injury list does clear up, we can go on a bit of a run second half of the season.

Yes we haven't won away yet, but we've already been to Old Trafford, Anfield, the Emirates, Goodison, Stamford Bridge and the Britannia. Couple of away wins and sort out our home form and things will start to look much rosier.

:lol:

I find it amazing that people still support Pardew, I really do and the support for him is bordering on ignorance at this stage.  Even last season when we finished 5th we had problems and I was suspicious of him but got fooled in the 2nd half of the season when he stumbled on a winning formula which actually had us playing a decent style of play.

The alarm bells were ringing before we’d even kicked a ball this season when once again, the prick was going on about playing Demba Ba through the middle, even though our best football had been played with him wide left.

What was obvious to most in the summer was that we needed to upgrade Simpson and Williamson and that didn’t happen so we all, or most of us knew where our problems were going to come from.  We knew we’d have a central defender who was as weak as piss, we knew we would offer no threat from the right and we knew that we would be scruffy up front, again.

Last season we got away with a lot because of the easy start that we had, that start had us playing against teams which we could beat and that built of a bit of confidence throughout the squad and that confidence carried us through games where we didn’t perform in yet were still able to get results from.

This season, we’ve started off with a formation which most people knew wouldn’t suit the type of players that we had.  We’ve started off playing a direct style of play which meant that we didn’t build up any type of in game style, we just hooped it.  Hoofing it has meant that more often than not we’ve gifted the opposition the possession and we’ve paid for it.  This is the football that Pardew wants and it doesn’t work.

The injuries which he's now using to base his excuses around are even more worrying because they show that we've got very little coming through behind our starting 11 and that is shocking.  I think it's also safe to say that the turgid shite we're serving up with our starting 11 seems to be the same shit that is being coached at other levels.  None of our younger players look as if they know what to do and that's not down to them, they aren’t getting the required coaching to allow them to come into the first team without looking like aliens.

If we keep him and scrape enough points to see us safe we’ll be in exactly the same position next season because that’s what he’s about.  Nothing will change and we’ll be watching shit football and we’ll be watching a style of play that suits nobody but the manager.

Unfortunately if we do sack him, we’re relying on two people who haven’t got a clue what is needed to replace him and that is frightening.  It’s frightening but I would still give it a go in the hope that even those morons could make a right decision, even if only by luck.

The way I see it is that we’re relying on luck either way, we’re relying on luck to stay up and we’re relying on luck to bring in a good manager.

If we’re lucky and stay up with Pardew, we’re in for more of the same.  If we’re lucky and get a good manager we’ll at least have something to look forward to in the future and that’s better than what we have now.

The thing is, it's not just our younger players who look lost as to how we are supposed to be playing. The senior players look equally clueless. Since we've switched to a passing game how many times have you seen our midfielders making useless passes back and forth between themselves due to the lack of movement elsewhere? Bigi to Anita, back to Bigi...back to Anita....it's a fucking joke.

Pardew knows one way to play football - route one. We are getting slaughtered right now because we are trying to switch to a different way of playing to suit more technical players coming in as we improve the squad and Pardew has no idea how to implement it. We got passed off the park by the same Championship side for the second time in 12 months FFS. If we draw them again next year and Pardew's still in charge it will be the same again becuase Poyet understands passing football, team shape and movement needed to implement it much better than Pards. It's as simple as that.

The thing I don`t get though is the players still have brains don`t they ? Your telling me that they all run around exactly how Pardew has told them but secretly they all want to play like Barca. Running around thinking in there heads I would love to pass it to my team mate but i`m gonna pass it behind them because Pardew is in charge and thats what he wants or, I would love to make a run into space but I better stand behind this defender so the pass isn`t on, or i`m gonna get injured or sent off.

Do you think Pardew has said to our supposed better players don`t attempt anything good because I will fine you if it doesn`t come off.

From what I see is that Pardew is on the touchline getting angry that no one seems to be doing what he asks if anything.

Since the start of the season with Europe and then the Christmas period we have had 1 day rest and 1 day on the training ground or travelling. Were as last season we had 3 days training between the rest day and travelling. Its not a coincedence we played better. Those days training would have been spent with Pardew. So if anything Pardew has had less influence over results this season than last.

So you are telling me that we haven't developed a style of play and coaching throughout the club because Pardew hasn't had enough time to implement his methods in his time here?

I find it amazing that people still support Pardew, I really do and the support for him is bordering on ignorance at this stage.  Even last season when we finished 5th we had problems and I was suspicious of him but got fooled in the 2nd half of the season when he stumbled on a winning formula which actually had us playing a decent style of play.

The alarm bells were ringing before we’d even kicked a ball this season when once again, the prick was going on about playing Demba Ba through the middle, even though our best football had been played with him wide left.

What was obvious to most in the summer was that we needed to upgrade Simpson and Williamson and that didn’t happen so we all, or most of us knew where our problems were going to come from.  We knew we’d have a central defender who was as weak as piss, we knew we would offer no threat from the right and we knew that we would be scruffy up front, again.

Last season we got away with a lot because of the easy start that we had, that start had us playing against teams which we could beat and that built of a bit of confidence throughout the squad and that confidence carried us through games where we didn’t perform in yet were still able to get results from.

This season, we’ve started off with a formation which most people knew wouldn’t suit the type of players that we had.  We’ve started off playing a direct style of play which meant that we didn’t build up any type of in game style, we just hooped it.  Hoofing it has meant that more often than not we’ve gifted the opposition the possession and we’ve paid for it.  This is the football that Pardew wants and it doesn’t work.

The injuries which he's now using to base his excuses around are even more worrying because they show that we've got very little coming through behind our starting 11 and that is shocking.  I think it's also safe to say that the turgid shite we're serving up with our starting 11 seems to be the same shit that is being coached at other levels.  None of our younger players look as if they know what to do and that's not down to them, they aren’t getting the required coaching to allow them to come into the first team without looking like aliens.

If we keep him and scrape enough points to see us safe we’ll be in exactly the same position next season because that’s what he’s about.  Nothing will change and we’ll be watching shit football and we’ll be watching a style of play that suits nobody but the manager.

Unfortunately if we do sack him, we’re relying on two people who haven’t got a clue what is needed to replace him and that is frightening.  It’s frightening but I would still give it a go in the hope that even those morons could make a right decision, even if only by luck.

The way I see it is that we’re relying on luck either way, we’re relying on luck to stay up and we’re relying on luck to bring in a good manager.

If we’re lucky and stay up with Pardew, we’re in for more of the same.  If we’re lucky and get a good manager we’ll at least have something to look forward to in the future and that’s better than what we have now.

The thing is, it's not just our younger players who look lost as to how we are supposed to be playing. The senior players look equally clueless. Since we've switched to a passing game how many times have you seen our midfielders making useless passes back and forth between themselves due to the lack of movement elsewhere? Bigi to Anita, back to Bigi...back to Anita....it's a fucking joke.

Pardew knows one way to play football - route one. We are getting slaughtered right now because we are trying to switch to a different way of playing to suit more technical players coming in as we improve the squad and Pardew has no idea how to implement it. We got passed off the park by the same Championship side for the second time in 12 months FFS. If we draw them again next year and Pardew's still in charge it will be the same again becuase Poyet understands passing football, team shape and movement needed to implement it much better than Pards. It's as simple as that.

The thing I don`t get though is the players still have brains don`t they ? Your telling me that they all run around exactly how Pardew has told them but secretly they all want to play like Barca. Running around thinking in there heads I would love to pass it to my team mate but i`m gonna pass it behind them because Pardew is in charge and thats what he wants or, I would love to make a run into space but I better stand behind this defender so the pass isn`t on, or i`m gonna get injured or sent off.

Do you think Pardew has said to our supposed better players don`t attempt anything good because I will fine you if it doesn`t come off.

From what I see is that Pardew is on the touchline getting angry that no one seems to be doing what he asks if anything.

Since the start of the season with Europe and then the Christmas period we have had 1 day rest and 1 day on the training ground or travelling. Were as last season we had 3 days training between the rest day and travelling. Its not a coincedence we played better. Those days training would have been spent with Pardew. So if anything Pardew has had less influence over results this season than last.

So you are telling me that we haven't developed a style of play and coaching throughout the club because Pardew hasn't had enough time to implement his methods in his time here?

I think our players and style of play caught managers out last season, this has been said a few times by opposing managers. This season they have adjusted their tactics to stop us and worked out our weaknesses, we have enough of them, Willo , Simpson, Tiote and our high line. I am guessing we havn`t had time in between rest days, travelling and the disruption of having a completely different line up every week to come up with and practise in depth enough new ideas and altered formations. Either that or Pardew lucked last year and is a useless prick. 

I think our players and style of play caught managers out last season, this has been said a few times by opposing managers. This season they have adjusted their tactics to stop us and worked out our weaknesses, we have enough of them, Willo , Simpson, Tiote and our high line. I am guessing we havn`t had time in between rest days, travelling and the disruption of having a completely different line up every week to come up with and practise in depth enough new ideas and altered formations. Either that or Pardew lucked last year and is a useless prick. 

You got it in the end.

What really got me was the long ball to Shola, who is a lone striker.

What is supposed to happen next? He doesnt have the tools to take on the whole defense and score, so likely he needs to hold it up, and lay off to a midfielder ?

WHY NOT JUST PASS TO THE MIDFIELDER IN THE FIRST PLACE????? They are closer! More chance of success.

Keegan took 8 games to completely overhaul Allardyce's prehistoric football style. Brendan Rogers (with the same time demands as Pardew) has already overhauled Dalglish's 1990's time shift experiment and given funds will slowly turn the club around IMO.

So I would say Pards did luck out last year. And he is a useless prick.

Keegan took 8 games to completely overhaul Allardyce's prehistoric football style. Brendan Rogers (with the same time demands as Pardew) has already overhauled Dalglish's 1990's time shift experiment and given funds will slowly turn the club around IMO.

So I would say Pards did luck out last year. And he is a useless prick.

If we played how we did against Stoke, Man Utd , Arsenal and Everton with better players than Willo, Simpson and Perch do you not think we would have got points ? I do. You could put them in a Barca side and it would all turn to shit with any manager in charge. If you want to blame someone blame MA for allowing us to go another season with them as first choice players. Added to what I have already listed as possible reasons for our poor points return and there you have your reason.

Remember when Willi thought he was Ben arfa for a few games and tried to play it out of defence ? The whole stadium collective shit themselves and held there breath. Theres your reason for us now hoofing it. How many times have we said Simpson can`t cross or tackle ? Perch is too short to be CB cover. Sammy is going backwards. Every thread lately goes in to detail on how shit most of our un-injured players are, yet its all Pardews fault we are loosing.

If we played how we did against Stoke, Man Utd , Arsenal and Everton with better players than Willo, Simpson and Perch do you not think we would have got points ? I do. You could put them in a Barca side and it would all turn to s*** with any manager in charge. If you want to blame someone blame MA for allowing us to go another season with them as first choice players. Added to what I have already listed as possible reasons for our poor points return and there you have your reason.

Remember when Willi thought he was Ben arfa for a few games and tried to play it out of defence ? The whole stadium collective s*** themselves and held there breath. Theres your reason for us now hoofing it. How many times have we said Simpson can`t cross or tackle ? Perch is too short to be CB cover. Sammy is going backwards. Every thread lately goes in to detail on how s*** most of our un-injured players are, yet its all Pardews fault we are loosing.

Do you seriously think our players want to just hoof the ball?  And, if they do, why does the manager not stop them from just hoofing it?

If we played how we did against Stoke, Man Utd , Arsenal and Everton with better players than Willo, Simpson and Perch do you not think we would have got points ? I do. You could put them in a Barca side and it would all turn to s*** with any manager in charge. If you want to blame someone blame MA for allowing us to go another season with them as first choice players. Added to what I have already listed as possible reasons for our poor points return and there you have your reason.

Remember when Willi thought he was Ben arfa for a few games and tried to play it out of defence ? The whole stadium collective s*** themselves and held there breath. Theres your reason for us now hoofing it. How many times have we said Simpson can`t cross or tackle ? Perch is too short to be CB cover. Sammy is going backwards. Every thread lately goes in to detail on how s*** most of our un-injured players are, yet its all Pardews fault we are loosing

Spot on, well said.

Hatem Ben Arfa - "For him, it's more crosses, a bit of a more direct style, whereas I'm more the kind of player who likes to play short passes."

Demba Ba - "Fans come to see beautiful games with beautiful actions and not long balls from the goalkeeper to the striker."

Guest hatem garrincha

Tbh, I can't complain about the recruitment strategy. We've got some f***ing great players and for peanuts too. The problem atm, as I see it, lies squarely with Pardew and his failure to integrate these individuals into a decent footballing side. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can argue otherwise that we need a talented manager to manage this club - not just a man that can deliver results on the pitch, but someone that can 'manage' the owners as well.

Really? I think it's fundamentally flawed. The manager doesn't have enough input and the players aren't being bought for what they can bring to the team but what they can bring as a financial asset.

Example: Pardew clearly wanted to play 4-4-2 this season, our only signing was a midfielder who can only play in a central three.

This is a good point Wullie, but in a perfect world would you rather we signed players to suit Pardewball or got rid of the manager and got somebody who knows how to use Anita, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux etc?

Do you really need to ask me that? :lol:

But then you're just as likely to end up with a situation where New 4-3-3 Manager is bought a classic right winger who likes to cross and gets his boots covered in chalk just because he had a low release clause, and he still won't have a centre half because there weren't any going cheap.

Fine, but take that to the Ashley thread. In this one I really would like to discuss Pardew and what he's producing with what's at his disposal. Are you saying he didn't have enough money and squad strength made available to him to beat Brighton twice for two years running?

Am I saying that? :lol:

Er... no.

well what are you saying?

Exactly what I said, that the recruitment strategy is fundamentally flawed.

So are you complaining about the players we've bought in this recruitment strategy? Which ones would you rather we had not recruited?

I'd rather we'd recruited a centre half and a right back before this month but we were too penny pinching. We could have the best manager in the world in place but he'd still have been having to manage with Williamson and Simpson all season.

But we got beat today by a manager with players far worse than Simpson or Williamson. Which superstar did the Brighton manager have to call on? I won't mention his name because it obviously offends too many people here, but I doubt his chairman spends any more than ours.

Yeah I think the issue stretches a bit further than today tbh.

Pardew's clearly doing an appalling job because being in a relegation battle, no away wins etc etc is shameful but don't kid yourself that with the players we've had missing (and more importantly, the players who've been forced to step in), the magnificent Gus Poyet - 9th in the laughable Championship, 4 home wins out of 13 games, that's less than Pardew btw - would have us battling for the Champions League spots. He beat Pardew last season too, then finished 10th. Woo! Get him in.

I don't watch championship football and both times I saw Brighton play were against Newcastle in the FA Cup. Both times, I was surprised by the quality of the football played by this championship club with average players and thought Poyet could radically change the nufc style of play with the footballers at his disposal.

So, I agree with Tron, Poyet, why not ?

Thing is as well, Pardew spoke in that BBC radio Newcastle phone in towards end of last season about the positions he wanted to strengthen. He basically mentioned Debuchy and Douglas. Do you think he wanted to go into this season seeing Williamson starting at the back? He clearly knew the areas that needed to be filled because the players already there weren't up to it. But he has zero say on transfers so has no control who comes in at the end of the day. I'd say its a fair bet that while will have made mistakes if he'd filled the positions he wanted at the beginning of the season we wouldn't be where we are in the table now.

His major failing though is his mouthpiece for MA/DL when the club clearly moved the goal posts in the summer window and he started spouting "we should be glad and thankful to Mike that he didn't sell any of our players" He let himself down big style there and even as an optimist on here and someone who doesn't think Pardew should go, that p*ssed me off.

Remember when Willi thought he was Ben arfa for a few games and tried to play it out of defence ? The whole stadium collective s*** themselves and held there breath. Theres your reason for us now hoofing it. How many times have we said Simpson can`t cross or tackle ? Perch is too short to be CB cover. Sammy is going backwards. Every thread lately goes in to detail on how s*** most of our un-injured players are, yet its all Pardews fault we are loosing.

Do you seriously think our players want to just hoof the ball?  And, if they do, why does the manager not stop them from just hoofing it?

When we played well, Willi would have the ball collected from him ( he even managed to mess that up sometimes ) by Cabaye or Ben arfa, they would carry it forward or play a pass our lesser players mess up most weeks instead of hoofing it. We try it with Toite but he messes around on the ball and we loose it, so we by pass him too now. The only player that collects it successfully from the defence is Anita but he can`t do that all game long. Simpson used to allow Ben Arfa to collect it too once he ran foward and realised he is actually shit. Now Simpson would pass it to an equally shit player resulting in it going backwards. We have a poor defense and a midfield incapable of playing anything other than a 5 yard backward pass.

PS: I say worry because I desperately want Pardew to turn it around. I don't believe he'll be sacked (until it's too late, like last time) and I don't trust the tossers above him to make a decent appointment. I honestly think there would be a good chance of Kinnear coming back.

I worry too, but Kinnear coming back. No way.

I'd say its a fair bet that while will have made mistakes if he'd filled the positions he wanted at the beginning of the season we wouldn't be where we are in the table now.

so what specific tactical mitigation(s) has pardew come up with in the last 5 months to cover 2 shit players out of 11 in his team then?  that's what he's paid for and is the sign of a good manager is it not, succeeding in the face of adversity

all i can see that he does is throw the same players in week in week out hoping something changes

When we played well, Willi would have the ball collected from him ( he even managed to mess that up sometimes ) by Cabaye or Ben arfa, they would carry it forward or play a pass our lesser players mess up most weeks instead of hoofing it. We try it with Toite but he messes around on the ball and we loose it, so we by pass him too now. The only player that collects it successfully from the defence is Anita but he can`t do that all game long. Simpson used to allow Ben Arfa to collect it too once he ran foward and realised he is actually s***. Now Simpson would pass it to an equally s*** player resulting in it going backwards. We have a poor defense and a midfield incapable of playing anything other than a 5 yard backward pass.

Two current players and one former player seems to think the manager is responsible for our "direct style" of play.

Tbh, I can't complain about the recruitment strategy. We've got some f***ing great players and for peanuts too. The problem atm, as I see it, lies squarely with Pardew and his failure to integrate these individuals into a decent footballing side. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone can argue otherwise that we need a talented manager to manage this club - not just a man that can deliver results on the pitch, but someone that can 'manage' the owners as well.

Really? I think it's fundamentally flawed. The manager doesn't have enough input and the players aren't being bought for what they can bring to the team but what they can bring as a financial asset.

Example: Pardew clearly wanted to play 4-4-2 this season, our only signing was a midfielder who can only play in a central three.

This is a good point Wullie, but in a perfect world would you rather we signed players to suit Pardewball or got rid of the manager and got somebody who knows how to use Anita, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux etc?

Do you really need to ask me that? :lol:

But then you're just as likely to end up with a situation where New 4-3-3 Manager is bought a classic right winger who likes to cross and gets his boots covered in chalk just because he had a low release clause, and he still won't have a centre half because there weren't any going cheap.

Fine, but take that to the Ashley thread. In this one I really would like to discuss Pardew and what he's producing with what's at his disposal. Are you saying he didn't have enough money and squad strength made available to him to beat Brighton twice for two years running?

Am I saying that? :lol:

Er... no.

well what are you saying?

Exactly what I said, that the recruitment strategy is fundamentally flawed.

So are you complaining about the players we've bought in this recruitment strategy? Which ones would you rather we had not recruited?

I'd rather we'd recruited a centre half and a right back before this month but we were too penny pinching. We could have the best manager in the world in place but he'd still have been having to manage with Williamson and Simpson all season.

But we got beat today by a manager with players far worse than Simpson or Williamson. Which superstar did the Brighton manager have to call on? I won't mention his name because it obviously offends too many people here, but I doubt his chairman spends any more than ours.

Yeah I think the issue stretches a bit further than today tbh.

Pardew's clearly doing an appalling job because being in a relegation battle, no away wins etc etc is shameful but don't kid yourself that with the players we've had missing (and more importantly, the players who've been forced to step in), the magnificent Gus Poyet - 9th in the laughable Championship, 4 home wins out of 13 games, that's less than Pardew btw - would have us battling for the Champions League spots. He beat Pardew last season too, then finished 10th. Woo! Get him in.

I don't watch championship football and both times I saw Brighton play were against Newcastle in the FA Cup. Both times, I was surprised by the quality of the football played by this championship club with average players and thought Poyet could radically change the nufc style of play with the footballers at his disposal.

So, I agree with Tron, Poyet, why not ?

Poyet isn't popular among the fans because of his association with Dennis Wise is the main reason, although I suspect there's one or two others. I'm not a huge fan of him as a person myself but given our lack of football knowledge in the boardroom I think he might be a safe choice. From what I saw watching Brighton he provides many of the things missing from our current team despite not having good quality footballers at his disposal:

1) Passing football

2) Good movement off the ball

3) Good team shape

4) Defensive discipline

I'd say its a fair bet that while will have made mistakes if he'd filled the positions he wanted at the beginning of the season we wouldn't be where we are in the table now.

so what specific tactical mitigation(s) has pardew come up with in the last 5 months to cover 2 shit players out of 11 in his team then?  that's what he's paid for and is the sign of a good manager is it not, succeeding in the face of adversity

all i can see that he does is throw the same players in week in week out hoping something changes

I don`t think no one is claiming he is a world class manager. We have too many weak links to be fair, 2 shit players out of 11, thats a stretch. I would say more like half the team most of this season. I think when we only had 2 shit players in the 11 is about the only time we have actually picked up points, soon as its more than is when we loose. 2 shit players is enough anyway, it takes 1 shit player to cost us a goal and turn a draw into a loss or to loose 1-0.

Is there anyway of finding out how many of williamsons clearences actually set up an oppossing teams attacks and how many set up one of ours ? I`m willing to put money on it being something like 10-1.  Most games its 13 against 10 what with Williamson and the refs decisons we have had this year.

most of our better players were available at the start of the season, pardew managed them badly and bled points when he shouldn't have done, now the injury crisis has bit and he's paying for that

after 10-15 games we should never have been in the position we were

What was obvious to most in the summer was that we needed to upgrade Simpson and Williamson and that didn’t happen so we all, or most of us knew where our problems were going to come from.  We knew we’d have a central defender who was as weak as p*ss, we knew we would offer no threat from the right and we knew that we would be scruffy up front, again.

The injuries which he's now using to base his excuses around are even more worrying because they show that we've got very little coming through behind our starting 11 and that is shocking.  I think it's also safe to say that the turgid s**** we're serving up with our starting 11 seems to be the same s*** that is being coached at other levels.  None of our younger players look as if they know what to do and that's not down to them, they aren’t getting the required coaching to allow them to come into the first team without looking like aliens.

If we keep him and scrape enough points to see us safe we’ll be in exactly the same position next season because that’s what he’s about.  Nothing will change and we’ll be watching s*** football and we’ll be watching a style of play that suits nobody but the manager.

Good post, Mike. Just to add to your comments about Simpsons and Williamson, and the need for upgrades. I litterally went like  :serious: when they (Pardew/Ashley/Llambas) claimed that no matter what selling club they approched it was difficult agreeing a fair price... the "right price".(i.e. Debuchy).

I mean, what the fuck do they expect other clubs to do? Sell their Tiote's, Cabaye's, Cisse's and so on to us for peanuts. Of course others were painfully aware of the ridiculous low fees we'd gotten Cabaye and Tiote for. There were lots of media forcus on Newcastle, the scout network etc.

The thing is, Pardew/Ashley/Llambas should have ignored that and strengthened the side. If they trust Carr's judgement, then why does it matter weather you pay £5, £6 or even £7 million if that player ensures that you build on previous achievements?

It's beyond me, and I don't buy in to their lies.  I think Kevin Keegan sums it up perfectly in the interview in my signature.

I don`t think no one is claiming he is a world class manager. We have too many weak links to be fair, 2 s*** players out of 11, thats a stretch. I would say more like half the team most of this season. I think when we only had 2 s*** players in the 11 is about the only time we have actually picked up points, soon as its more than is when we loose. 2 s*** players is enough anyway, it takes 1 s*** player to cost us a goal and turn a draw into a loss or to loose 1-0.

Is there anyway of finding out how many of williamsons clearences actually set up an oppossing teams attacks and how many set up one of ours ? I`m willing to put money on it being something like 10-1.  Most games its 13 against 10 what with Williamson and the refs decisons we have had this year.

Why do you blame Williamson for us playing long ball when 3 players think it's Pardew?  If it's down to Williamson, why does Pardew do nothing about it?  I'm sure you've claimed that you run or have run a business, do/did you just let anybody do what they want or do you manage them?