Alan Pardew

Dave

"You look at the last 25 years at Newcastle and it has only known drama, from the highs to the lows," said Llambias, the St James' Park outfit's managing director.

"They worked on those glory transfers and all the dramas behind them - glory and bust, with no success.

"What was the success? It was basically. 'I've signed a player!'

Can't wait for title run ins and CL campaigns Dekka you belittling cunt.

Peddling bullshit about the stadium n all, infuriating and what's that? You don't like clubs doing what you do to others? Fuck off man you fucking cunt.

I haven't even read the article yet, I'm psyching myself up for reading it while reading your snippets.  The bloke makes my fucking skin crawl.  And he knows nowt about the club so I wish he would fuck off acting like his main interest isn't having his tongue so far up Mike Ashley's hoop it's unreal.

:thup: he has an inability to open his gob without feeling the need to slag off someone else regardless of whether it's worthwhile or not. I've generally no problem with slightly rotund Mike and his policies (stadium aside) but this cunt grinds my gears to an unbelievable degree.

I appreciate we're well run now, Shepherd aside I don't appreciate it being regularly being suggested that we should be grateful for whatever and lap it up when in other areas they're failing to consolidate and/or push on, 5th or no 5th. If anyone thinks we had a good summer and we're liable to kick on and win something this season / qualify for the CL they're "deluded" (as the old saying goes) and if they're not the objectives then what the fuck is going on.

Spot on.

For me the lack of spending has only really been an issue this summer.

Not sure how you can say this with a straight face unless you're treating 09/10 as year zero.  January we sold Carroll was a bit ropey too.  We could have gone down again and had no complaints.  It's not like we hadn't been warned.

Aye it looked awful last season. If only they had some kind of basis to the idea that they dont need to run the club at a loss to achieve success. A 5th place finish might back that up somehow. Wishful thinking though anyway. Lets ignore context and moan about how much we spent constantly.

What we spent during this summer has no bearing on where we finished last season and will be seen as a success/failure based on the results of this season. A season Llambias has targeted that we can drop 3 places and it would be seen by him as a success.

Maybe he is being realistic? We weren't that far ahead of Everton (fantastic start) and Chelsea (spent £100m) to be confident enough to say we will definitely finish above them.

Liverpool are shite mind.

Depressing.  Other teams will improve so why bother?

Basically I think you're going a bit far now, Jon. :lol:

Have we not built up a fantastic group of players without having to spend silly money?

Not at all. Is your genuine expectation to achieve what we did last season and anything else is a failure?

Who mentioned spending silly money?

After an unbelievable season with good signings all round would you not advocate giving the manager and scouts a little more to work with instead of tying his hands and expecting him to achieve the same on the similar/less resources when at least two teams below us have strengthened (Chelsea and Everton)?

Did you read what I wrote, I said it has been an issue this summer. Before that we have managed to pick up a solid core of top players for little outlay so it hasn't been an issue.

We have gone from a team performing between mediocre and shocking for a number of years, we got relegated through a mix of heartless/gutless players and big mistakes from a new owner and chairman who knew fuck all about football. Since promotion we have really stepped it up and improved the team/performances to an extent that other clubs fans and the media have looked on and give the plaudits.

This summer is really the first time I have thought we really should have gone against the 'model' and improved the squad to have a real go.

Not sure how any of that is going to far or whatever, I know I would say it as it's my opinion but it all seems perfectly reasonable to me :dontknow:

For me the lack of spending has only really been an issue this summer.

Not sure how you can say this with a straight face unless you're treating 09/10 as year zero.  January we sold Carroll was a bit ropey too.  We could have gone down again and had no complaints.  It's not like we hadn't been warned.

Aye it looked awful last season. If only they had some kind of basis to the idea that they dont need to run the club at a loss to achieve success. A 5th place finish might back that up somehow. Wishful thinking though anyway. Lets ignore context and moan about how much we spent constantly.

What we spent during this summer has no bearing on where we finished last season and will be seen as a success/failure based on the results of this season. A season Llambias has targeted that we can drop 3 places and it would be seen by him as a success.

Maybe he is being realistic? We weren't that far ahead of Everton (fantastic start) and Chelsea (spent £100m) to be confident enough to say we will definitely finish above them.

Liverpool are shite mind.

Depressing.  Other teams will improve so why bother?

Basically I think you're going a bit far now, Jon. :lol:

Have we not built up a fantastic group of players without having to spend silly money?

Not at all. Is your genuine expectation to achieve what we did last season and anything else is a failure?

I think we should have spent a moderate amount to improve our squad and fuck worrying about anyone else.

What we did was buy 1 first team player, a load of kids, whilst also letting a number of players go for OK money.

I never even had expectations for this season, I just wanted us to improve our squad and in turn our chances of success this year.  You can't tell me that buying a first choice right back and another forward wouldn't have helped matters on that score.

I just think you're taking sensible pragmatism too far here, you're sounding like Pardew when anyone can see that Pardew is saying this stuff about transfers through gritted teeth.

So we were that far ahead of Everton that we definitely should finish above them? This being a team where most would have bit your hand off to finish above them at the start of last season.

The too much too soon comment does really seem to hit the nail on the head with some fans who have taken a fantastic season and twisted it in a 'depressing' way to have another go at things working out.

We weren't that far ahead of Everton and that's why we should have done more to stay ahead of them.  Most of us would have been pleased to emulate Everton, we did more than that and we should have done more to maintain what we achieved.  Going backwards should be seen as unacceptable, it is in any other business and we're constantly told that football is a business.

Too much "we couldn't afford it" talk there. Nonsense, as we all know.

So what's the real reason, then?

Being far too cautious. This quote sums it up...

"They worked on those glory transfers and all the dramas behind them - glory and bust, with no success. What was the success? It was basically. 'I've signed a player!' That has to end. It has."

if they say we couldn't afford it then the reason we wouldn't have signed a player is cos we couldn't afford it.  We pay our fees outright in one go and are trying to make the club self sufficient,  if we have £6m in the transfer pot and the selling club says we want £6.5m then rightly or wrongly Llambias is going to walk away.

i might not agree but wouldn't say it was nonsense.

We spent about £3 million. That's not acceptable, regardless of any spin they may try to put on it.

January should be interesting. 

£3m net spend's a pretty lavish window for us under Ashley if you look at it properly.

While it actually is ( :lol: ) that doesn't help their case. The less we've spent over the years just looks worse and worse as the trend continues.

We sold our best player months before to fund signings and we'll possibly still be spending that money 2 years on. How's that for context, Derek?

Bit of a random statement if im honest. Im not fussed how long it takes to spend it aslong as we improve in the long run. You're like a kid at christmas, you could care less about the implications involved in getting the presents. You just want new toys.

Llambias' PR is absolutely shocking like. :lol:

I'm not going to argue with his business credentials; but then why would i? I don't have a clue about the financial aspect, so i wouldn't spout shite about it. He hasn't a clue about football, yet he comes out with patronising claptrap with no other motive than to showcase how we've been 'saved' by them. Who is he to coin what the idea of 'success' to this football club is? He doesn't know stuff like that because he doesn't know football. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd never watched a game of football before Ashley brought him in.

Idiot.

Even if we bought those players I don't think we could EXPECT to finish above Chelsea or Everton. Targets need to be realistic imo.

What are you on about man? :lol: Who cares about those clubs?  We should look to continuously improve ourselves.  That's it.  Nothing else to it.

Everton? don't get me wrong they have improved but i still would'nt swap our team for theirs.

Personally we should expect to finish above Everton, Chelsea are far ahead due to thier ridiculous spending but Everton? nah not for me.

Even if we bought those players I don't think we could EXPECT to finish above Chelsea or Everton. Targets need to be realistic imo.

What are you on about man? :lol: Who cares about those clubs?  We should look to continuously improve ourselves.  That's it.  Nothing else to it.

:thup:

"They worked on those glory transfers and all the dramas behind them - glory and bust, with no success. What was the success? It was basically. 'I've signed a player!' That has to end. It has."

if they say we couldn't afford it then the reason we wouldn't have signed a player is cos we couldn't afford it.  We pay our fees outright in one go and are trying to make the club self sufficient,  if we have £6m in the transfer pot and the selling club says we want £6.5m then rightly or wrongly Llambias is going to walk away.

We spent about £3 million. That's not acceptable, regardless of any spin they may try to put on it.

£3m net spend's a pretty lavish window for us under Ashley if you look at it properly.

While it actually is ( :lol: ) that doesn't help their case. The less we've spent over the years just looks worse and worse as the trend continues.

We sold our best player months before to fund signings and we'll possibly still be spending that money 2 years on. How's that for context, Derek?

Bit of a random statement if im honest. Im not fussed how long it takes to spend it aslong as we improve in the long run. You're like a kid at christmas, you could care less about the implications involved in getting the presents. You just want new toys.

:lol: This is fucking bullshit.  Sick of reading stuff like this.

Bit of a random statement if im honest. You're like a kid at christmas, you could care less about the implications involved in getting the presents. You just want new toys.

Good contradiction. I'm more like the child of fairly rich parents who got a mega drive with 1 game for christmas.

"implications" ffs. Believe the spin.

Obviously but the previous season should have earnt some belief in our model at this early stage, why would you disregard its history? Keeping in mind, that our best results so far this season have specifically happened when Coloccini & Simpson have been out. The players everyones concerned we dont have back up for.

Keep in mind that people were also concerned that we had no cover up front and our backup to Ba and Cisse is a statue.

Your assessment of how desperately we should add numbers to improve is obviously up for debate.

We had the 3rd best form in the country from January onwards last season. Our current squad achieved that. As i mentioned before our best results this season have been without both Colo, Simpson & Tiote in part.

What is your basis that suggests we should be going out of our way to match other clubs fee's to maintain or improve? Whats the basis for it beyond insecurity? Because the results dont back it up.

Obviously but the previous season should have earnt some belief in our model at this early stage, why would you disregard its history? Keeping in mind, that our best results so far this season have specifically happened when Coloccini & Simpson have been out. The players everyones concerned we dont have back up for.

Keep in mind that people were also concerned that we had no cover up front and our backup to Ba and Cisse is a statue.

Who helped us get a draw against Everton in the last minutes ofcourse. We did go with one striker for much of last season quite successfully if you remember, we have 3 now. Alternative formations exist.

Your assessment of how desperately we should add numbers to improve is obviously up for debate.

We had the 3rd best form in the country from January onwards last season. Our current squad achieved that. As i mentioned before our best results this season have been without both Colo, Simpson & Tiote in part.

What is your basis that suggests we should be going out of our way to match other clubs fee's to maintain or improve? Whats the basis for it beyond insecurity? Because the results dont back it up.

There's that bullshit again.

Our forward line is weaker, we're 1 injury up front from playing forwards who will have a better than a goal every two games record for us in the league to one with a record of less than a goal every 5 games.

Uh Llambias has cited the reason for a lack of transfers as them being "to pricey" & people are unhappy with how little we spent. What do you think that suggests people think Dave?

Aye, no one expects to match the fees of the top 4 or even the likes of Spurs and Liverpool.

What we do expect is be able to pay for the likes of Debuchy and Douglas etc etc because we all know damn well that isn't outside our reach.

What we hoped was we used last season as a platform to go further rather than using last season to maintain success instead of improving.

I personally feel top 5 is a real opportunity, i don't consider Everton and Spurs to be better than us and we have more dangerous forwards than they do so we can win games without playing well where as maybe they can't as much.

Despite the disappointing summer i'm still very confident of repeating last season and solidify our status as a top 6 team, then we will have to see where the board will go from there.

And no the assessment of how desperately we needed improvements isn't up for debate, if we achieve 5th again it will be down to using the Europa League as a learning experience for the kids rather than a legitimate push at trying to win it and getting lucky with Injuries.

We still are very short in 3 or 4 areas, this isn't up for debate if we are successful it will be down to Pardew managing what we have exceedingly well rather than the squad being strong enough not to need 3 or 4 quality additions.

Uh Llambias has cited the reason for a lack of transfers as them being "to pricey" & people are unhappy with how little we spent. What do you think that suggests people think Dave?

I read your post as though you were claiming people want us to spend as much as other clubs do. If that's not what you meant then apologies.

However if we don't need to spend money in order to even maintain, why is it that 8th would be an acceptable finish this season? Seems to me that the club expect us to go backwards.

Our forward line is weaker, we're 1 injury up front from playing forwards who will have a better than a goal every two games record for us in the league to one with a record of less than a goal every 5 games.

1 injury doesnt automatically make Ameobi a starter. Even if it did, hes atleast combined with one of our better strikers equally as well as Best ever did. Id say his link up play is better than Best's was myself. He was also present in better results than Best.

Obviously I was a little shocked with the length of the deal, but I rate Pardew a lot and i'm pleased we have him.

The contract length is also linked to our business model aswell in my eyes, as Pardew is seemingly the only one around who is willing to work / can put up with our current hierarchy and their reluctance to spend money on a consistent basis. Prior to the deal being offered, if Pardew had left today, who else realistically could we see replace him, given the history of our board? Names don't jump exactly shout themselves out.

Given the rather annoying and frequent praise of Ashley & Llambias's methods from Pardew himself, and his excellent achievments so far with the squad, it's perhaps not a suprise after all that such a unique deal has been signed.

As time goes on and hopefully results are in the main positive, it would be nice to think that some real ambitious backing is on the horizon, but that could just be fantasy talking. Who knows? 2019 maybe.

Solid argument

Well to pad it out a bit, I'm fed up with being accused of being a spoilt kid for wanting moderate investment and the club to have a desire to improve.  Your post encapsulates that attitude and I'm fed up with reading it.

:clap: