Alan Pardew

Dave

I genuinely don't know what to make of this.. :lol:

On the one hand I sort of like the stability it gives us and Pardew's done well. On the other it does feel like they've got their ideal yes man who won't ever complain or criticise, meaning they can get away with very little actual investment for the foreseeable future. There is only so much Pardew et al can achieve on a tight budget trying to compete with teams spending hundreds of millions like it's going out of fashion.

Andy Carroll signed a 5 year deal. Contracts don't mean an awful lot in the game in this day and age sadly (unless it's under 1 year..)

Its sort of win-win in a way, though I kind of have doubts that maybe all the 'meticulous' hard work he did when he first got the job to prove he was good enough in the beginning will probably evaporate with complacency taking over :/. A bit like when you first get with a lass you like, you know, you act the super perfect guy, looking after yourself and all that, then you fuck her maybe and get into a nice cosy relationship then you think fuck it and just let it go a bit because you feel safe.

If we do well, we get stability. If he does really really well, maybe some club will buy him out of the contract for a f*** load of money. And if we float above the top 10? hmm.

Undecided (yes, this is a general mish mash of thoughts - I don't know what to think :lol: )

No problem at all with this tbh. If he's not doing the job he'll be sacked whatever length his contract is. If he continues the work he did last season then we've got a bloody good manager tied up for a long time. Really all this does in many respects is to protect the club if someone comes along and tries to poach him. The positive angle is to send out a message to the staff that the board has their backing and to the players that there is stable leadership here at the club for the first time in a long time, this might also help a little with incoming signings.

Oh great 8 more years of uninspiring football...

Here we go again. Yawn.

After all the stuff he said about giving Pardew a break in future as well. :lol:

A great season, a good start to this but we haven't destroyed anyone so he is back in the bad books :lol:

Some really do expect too much iyam. Nothing wrong with always wanting improvement but there is taking it too far/being too expectant.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Oh great 8 more years of uninspiring football...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6Q5TUPV3knBnJ-E9o5kPOUF-wD3xay8rkrjFb1Mq3QPr7QkphUA http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfg1ih16fXTZzUl7ZYrhJbrZr5x0mXTjYKVClw7sHkUZVAbD9Q_w

Mounted bell sign?

te ferk?

Maybe just maybe, Ashley has offered this 8 year contract with a low ish basic wage say 750k a year, but another million can be made up in bonus related to performace and player development. If it all goes tit's up ashley only has to pay a min compo package.

Then again

Are all these long term contracts just because Mike and Dekka hate all the contract talks and want to put off the renewals as long as possible?

I know you're jesting but there is probably a lot of truth in it. Having to renegotiate contracts in football must be a right ballache.

Guest bimpy474

Are all these long term contracts just because Mike and Dekka hate all the contract talks and want to put off the renewals as long as possible?

Aye, that and get more money if someone comes calling.

But at the same time. If a players is crap, or like Ranger...

I know you're jesting but there is probably a lot of truth in it. Having to renegotiate contracts in football must be a right ballache.

Scared of a Jose, that is all, can't do with losing players in the way they specifically target players.

Guest bimpy474

But at the same time. If a players is crap, or like Ranger...

Aye, but if you have say a 80% hit rate, i reckon that a Mikey gamble odds he likes.

Would like to think we could have that sort of stability and still progress over next few years, however we are the soap opera of the premier league and it will go monumentally wrong.

The good thing though is that Pardew really has everything in place to do well with young players starting to break through, but can he actually pick a system and stick with it. We seem to reset to the beginning of last season rather than progressed to a 4-3-3 fluid team, hope he can progress us in next 8 years :)

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter

I honour my bets. I promised to swim the Tyne if Ashley showed long-term loyalty to Pardew #nufc. He has, fair play, so time for dip in Tyne

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter

@LukeEdwardsTele the bet was that Ashley would offload Pardew by 2015. Fair play to Ashley, backed Pards, new deal etc. Tyne here I come

:lol: Hope he does it.

You also have longer to wait until there's a pay rise upon signing a new contract. The long contracts absolutely make sense IMO.