Alan Pardew

Dave

It was our worst away record in 30 years back in the middle of December.  By now I wouldn't be surprised if it's our worst in history.

Under Dinnis i think we didn't win in the league for 20 odd games or something so it might have a little while to go yet.

I've got that 130 years Anniversary NUFC book with all the results in it, but i can't be arsed to actually find our worst away season. I did have a go whilst taking a dump on the bog and i got back as far as the late 70's.

So you could be right.

Sooooo....

7 points from 39

2 wins from 18

Worst away record in the league

No away win all season

Worst away record in over 30 years (might be closing in on Dinnis!)

Lost to the worst away team in the entire Football League

Lost to Reading at home for the first time in our history

Our goal didn't come from open play

No goals from a corner since October 2011

We are yet to come back from a goal down to win under Pardew in his 25 months in charge

And he's still in a job...

This is the key one IMO. If the preparation doesn't work, we're f***ed. So one-dimensional and brittle.

The problem is, plan a doesn't work either.

Can't win from behind, can't win when we're infront :lol:

:lol:

Aye. Got to laugh or you'd cry really.

Can only hope that Ashley saw what was going on on AND off the pitch yesterday.

If not, someone need only email him the statistics listed above. It's a damning indictment.

So far...

Our worst League away record i can find so far is 1967-1968

It took us 14 league games to record our first win. It was a 4-1 win away to Coventry in January 1968. So he's got a bit of leeway with the league record!

However, so far this season in all comps we have played 17 away games without a win, so i'll see if there is one that gazumps this.

Update:

We have never ever ever in the history of NUFC gone 17 competitive away fixtures without a win, until this season.

The above post shows that the 1967/68 league record is the worst we've had. It could still be beaten though....

Some season's were poor, notably in 1895/96 when it took 10 league fixtures to record a win, which was 2/3 all of our away games; as Football League Division 2 had only had 15 sides competing in it. But it's still not as bad as this season :lol:

So there you go Alan Pardew, you have the worst away record as a manager in the entire history of NUFC. Selection Committee's had more of a f***ing clue than you in 1896 ffs

I'm finished with him. I've never felt so negative about supporting nufc, even in 08/09 i was positive we'd stay up. This season I just can't see where the next win is coming from. The Marveaux sub yesterday is totally inexcusable and showed Pardew for the manager he really is. We were not under pressure regardless of what he says, it was a sign that he was happy to shut up shop with a 1-0 win. With our defensive fragilities he could not have picked a worse tactic to go for. I didn't feel confident going into the match and after hearing Shola and Williamson were starting, I knew we'd lost before the game had even kicked off.

My biggest gripe with Pardew is the style of football. With a team where the core of players are Coloccini, Anita, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Cisse it is absolutely disgusting that we do not play a passing, attacking system and look to attack teams because it is our main strength. What Pardew chooses to do is set up the team very rigid and defensive. We never seem to be after a second goal if we score first. The subs yesterday confirm this for me, he took all the creativity out of the side and replaced it with defensive players. This is at 1-0 up at home against a side with the worst away record in the football league. If we can't attack and express ourselves against a team with the worst away record out of 4 divisions at home then I have no hope about us ever being an attacking side under Pardew.

The time has come to replace him, even if it is just with a caretaker til the end of the season i'm all for it. I struggle to believe that another manager could come in and not get this team winning. I honestly think we have one of the best starting XI's in the league outside of the top 4. It's a disgrace we're where we are and horrible playing style, tactics and management are solely to blame for me. I would advocate replacing every single member of the coaching staff because they are just as much to blame as Pardew. Steve Stone's comments the other week about hitting the balls longer the other week sums up the mentality of the coaching staff and the manager in particular. We need to bring in a foreign coach who is used to working under a DOF system because we are, imo, set up like a continental side now and we need to build a coaching staff that fits in with the rest of the infrastructure of the club. We need a manager or head coach who will play a passing attacking style of football and really exploit the creativity in our side and we would shoot up the table.

Update:

We have never ever ever in the history of NUFC gone 17 competitive away fixtures without a win, until this season.

The above post shows that the 1967/68 league record is the worst we've had. It could still be beaten though....

Some season's were poor, notably in 1895/96 when it took 10 league fixtures to record a win, which was 2/3 all of our away games; as Football League Division 2 had only had 15 sides competing in it. But it's still not as bad as this season :lol:

So there you go Alan Pardew, you have the worst away record as a manager in the entire history of NUFC. Selection Committee's had more of a f***ing clue than you in 1896 ffs

Stolen too :thup:

As mentioned in another thread, but do you reckon pardew told the players at ft they were the ones being booed not him?

Yes. Have you seen how much he deflects blame on to everyone else? Course he'll bounce off the booing as something to do with the players, not him and his decisions.

I hate the bastard as much as I hated Souness.

It's he obstinacy/arrogance to rectify what appear to be very basic errors - I.e. Shola,on the wing, not pressing once in front, defensive subs...I could go on.

He's a fucking moron of epic proportions and I hope fans continue to give him shit until he fucks off.

I hate the b****** as much as I hated Souness.

It's he obstinacy/arrogance to rectify what appear to be very basic errors - I.e. Shola,on the wing, not pressing once in front, defensive subs...I could go on.

He's a f***ing moron of epic proportions and I hope fans continue to give him s*** until he f***s off.

Still not sure why he didn't keep shola as sub and use Obertan to start.

The most frustrating thing is that even though the selection of Shola was daft yesterday, the team were doing fine - even good in spells. We were clearly the better team. I posted in this thread at half time praising him for getting us playing much better than recently. All he had to do was... nothing.

Fucking bonkers.

On obertan, we've all seen his only decent form if you could call it that was on the left, everyone knows this so he brings him on and plays him on the right.. It's like he sees us doing well, ah can't have that..

The most frustrating thing is that even though the selection of Shola was daft yesterday, the team were doing fine - even good in spells. We were clearly the better team. I posted in this thread at half time praising him for getting us playing much better than recently. All he had to do was... nothing.

f***ing bonkers.

That's exactly it Dave, when the final whistle went once the inital rage had eased there were a few people just looking at each other blankly thinking "what the hell have I just witnessed there?" A few had had enough and left early like

His half time team talk must have gone something like this:

'Right lads; thank god we got a goal. Now the most important thing is to keep shape, not take risks and weather the (non-existent) pressure. Don't take risks and put in lots of tackles.'

That's what he values and embodies. We need a manger who can tell the individuals capable of 'magic' to feel valued and hungry.

'These are there to put to the sword. Yohan keep it up, you're back to your best and keep threading those passes. Marv keep making those jinking runs, you're taking the piss out there. Gabby I'm going to bring you late on and leave that tortoise of a full back for dead. Let's keep them on the back foot and take them to the cleaners.'

That's man management; that's where your fight will come from. He can wear his suits, his slick partings and come up with all the wanky dossier speel he likes; its all big hat and no cattle. I'd bet every penny I own he's never said anything resembling the second example to those players who, despite a contingent who are arguably upper championship/mediocre players, are fully capable of making a good go of this league. The man is a charlatan and a coward; any owner who cared about survival, this club and not claiming his stake back (I fear) would have had him out on his slimy arse the minute ET was over. So infuriated and it gets worse the more smarm and nonsense I hear the cretin utter; whilst that fat cat above him shows complete apathy and negligence. Disgusting; a new yet not fully unexpected low.