Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

The thing is the manager can set up a team to play in a more positive way but if they can't complete simple passes or get back to defend and tackle, there's no way it's going to work.

And that's ignoring some disgusting home results, horrible football for the most part, the fact Pardew's actually actively lost us games by trying to be too clever/cautious instead of leaving it the same or chasing a 2nd goal, etc.  You really can only have been paying attention to Pardew's press conferences and nowt else if you think nobody could have done better in the circumstances.

Guest neesy111

The thing is the manager can set up a team to play in a more positive way but if they can't complete simple passes or get back to defend and tackle, there's no way it's going to work.

Well it might be because we don't work enough on passing and attacking play to why they look clueless going forward.  We work defensively and still look shite defensively as a team, 4 clean sheets all league season.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Also it's easy to criticize the manager but have the performances of our players justified the praise they got last season. Apart from Cabaye, Krul and the new French lads everybody has been cack including Coloccini

We're not 3 points away from relegation due to injuries.

I honestly don't know if another manager could have done better given the same circumstances ???

Wat ?

:lol: It's unbelievable, man.

We're 3 points from relegation and went through a period where we picked up about half a dozen points from 30 (it might actually be worse than that).

So you think if we had your realistic preferred manager then we would have definitely done better ? Who's this manager and how do you know he could have achieved beyter with our small desimated squad ?

Finishing 5th and being manager of the season is reason I will give him until Christmas next season to redeem himself. If results are not better then sack him.

I honestly don't know if another manager could have done better given the same circumstances ???

Wat ?

We're 3 points from relegation and went through a period where we picked up about half a dozen points from 30 (it might actually be worse than that).

We went on a run of 7 points from 39, from mid-November until we started that frenzy of signing players in late January (aside from Debuchy).

Wat ?

So you think if we had your realistic preferred manager then we would have definitely done better ? Who's this manager and how do you know he could have achieved beyter with our small desimated squad ?

Finishing 5th and being manager of the season is reason I will give him until Christmas next season to redeem himself. If results are not better then sack him.

http://listhamper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/head-stuck-in-sand.jpg

Wat ?

It's completely irrelevant who my preferred manager is, but there are dozens, possibly even hundreds of managers out there who could have done a better job this season with the players Pardew has had at his disposal, injuries and all.

Personally, I'm in a dilemma regarding how long he should be given. I think my official line is probably until Jan 2014, but I'm really only saying that because I don't want to throw out a manager a year after finishing 5th. The problem is that I find it absolutely impossible to imagine our team looking any different come the start of next season. Maybe we'll be battling for 12th instead of 17th, but we'll still be peddling mediocre inconsistent direction-less shite. Can't be fucked with our handsome bullshitter anymore.

I'll accept that the players need to stand up and take a percentage of the blame, but then again people do realise that motivating players and getting them to perform is one of the manager's absolute core responsibilities, yeah? :lol:

We looked very strong at times defensively at times last season, though pace could undo us too easily, but that's something that I do think Pardew can do well, to me the hallmarks of Pardew teams seem to be

a) Set up for counter attacking such that when teams don't really press high we really don't know what to do

b) Basic passing poor, I am convinced we barely do any passing drilling in training and Pardew is of the sort to just think games of footy will improve players. This becomes particularly bad in games when we struggle to get a foothold in and need to just calmly pass it about a bit to gain some control, we never do, and normally get more and more frantic and messy

c) Lack of movement off the ball, this is something that he seems to actively drain out of players, I can only assume he's so desperate for players to hold position defensively he doesn't spend enough time on the offensive side of play. This is often responsible for our long balls as when there's no available runs players will then try and kick a ball to the target man, who doesn't exist

d) Poor tactical changes mid game. You can be too reactive to the opposition, but when things are going wrong, Pardew rarely turns it around (hence our awful record of coming from behind)

Wat ?

We went on a run of 7 points from 39, from mid-November until we started that frenzy of signing players in late January (aside from Debuchy).

:thup: I just find it baffling that people seem to think that all of his criticisms are unwarranted because he's had bad luck with injuries. He's been awful this year, and although our current situation is an unfair representation of him as a manger I think he's shown enough to suggest that his Manager of the Year title was a one off.

Personally, I'm in a dilemma regarding how long he should be given. I think my official line is probably until Jan 2014, but I'm really only saying that because I don't want to throw out a manager a year after finishing 5th. The problem is that I find it absolutely impossible to imagine our team looking any different come the start of next season. Maybe we'll be battling for 12th instead of 17th, but we'll still be peddling mediocre inconsistent direction-less shite. Can't be fucked with our handsome bullshitter anymore.

That's a bad reason, man. IMO.*

There's only really Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton who are left to throw stones anyway :lol:

* - unless you mean from a footballing perspective, which the rest of your post suggests not

That's a bad reason, man. IMO.

There's only really Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton who are left to throw stones anyway :lol:

* - unless you mean from a footballing perspective, which the rest of your post suggests not

I know, but we've thrown out too many managers too soon. Europa is a factor too here. We are still in the competition after all.

I think he at least needs to have a couple of months into next season. Lose the first 8 games and we're golden :scared:

and I don't think I could say I thought that he should stay because of our beautiful football last year. Not with a straight face anyway.

That's a bad reason, man. IMO.*

The press and fans of other clubs would lay into us, with lazy observations about us having finished 5th a year earlier and Pardew being excused for this year due to an unprecedented amount of injuries.  All the while, having only seen us on MOTD now and then.  I'd get annoyed, we'd appoint a new manager, I'd be happy again.