Alan Pardew

Dave

Mole, come on, that's what many of us are trying to say. He's incapable of managing so why do some still want him at the club? It's not about tonight, it's about the path we are taking with him as our manager.

everyone knows we need an upgrade.

No they don't. :lol:

I think they do. Just a lot are unsure we're able to get an upgrade in.

Fair enough. I know many on here don't though. There's the mould of Yorkie, Dave and so on who are undecided and agree with Mole. But thee are some who defend Pardew and thinks he's done nothing wrong this season.

I don't know anyone in the latter camp. Let's be fair though, I can't see any manager wanting to come and work for Ashley. He might have settled down recently but his previous is going to rule plenty managers out.

Easy to forget we basically had half a Championship standard defence out tonight, and two young lads who've been here 3 months across the back four, one of which is lucky to be playing at the moment.

Pardew has his faults, but I don't think he got a lot wrong in this tie home and away.

Mole, come on, that's what many of us are trying to say. He's incapable of managing so why do some still want him at the club? It's not about tonight, it's about the path we are taking with him as our manager.

everyone knows we need an upgrade.

No they don't. :lol:

I think they do. Just a lot are unsure we're able to get an upgrade in.

Fair enough. I know many on here don't though. There's the mould of Yorkie, Dave and so on who are undecided and agree with Mole. But thee are some who defend Pardew and thinks he's done nothing wrong this season.

I don't know anyone in the latter camp. Let's be fair though, I can't see any manager wanting to come and work for Ashley. He might have settled down recently but his previous is going to rule plenty managers out.

There are some, trust me. Maybe nothing wrong, but who thinks injuries are the big reason why we are doing bad and not the fact that he just isn't a very good manager.

Aye, only cos Krul dropped it at the bloke's feet. They troubled us little other than that. They're always going to get a chance or two, not realistic to expect otherwise whether you choose to attack or defend.

If we'd scored earlier on and they equalised on 20 or 30 minutes we would have had 60 or 70 to try and get another 2.  As it turned out we left it late to score and when they equalised it was game over because we had 4 minutes of injury time to try and get 2 goals.

Get another two (against Benfica, no less, without conceding) and then still only be at the extra time stage, possibly lose anyway and before the derby on Sunday?

That's better than needing a single goal with twenty to go? Give over.

I don't hate Pardew, I don't want him sacked and I'm unhappy with tonight's approach to the game.

How do you like them apples?

not argumentative enough, no name calling or these :lol:

I don't hate Pardew, I don't want him sacked and I'm unhappy with tonight's approach to the game.

How you like them apples?

I'd rather you agreed that come end of the season he should be gone. But like I said, you, Yorkie, now Mole and Keefaz to have clearly pointed out that you believe he should be given more time while me, bimpy, interpolic, Mick are just tired of watching this dross time and time again. It's a fair opinion and I'd guess the difference is we are either smarter :p or just have less patience then you guys :thup:

Easy to forget we basically had half a Championship standard defence out tonight, and two young lads who've been here 3 months across the back four, one of which is lucky to be playing at the moment.

Pardew has his faults, but I don't think he got a lot wrong in this tie home and away.

Not giving them something to think about for the first 45 minutes is something that I would consider as a huge fuck-up..... more so when you you're 3-1 down from the first leg.

Cowardly. Simple as.

I don't like Pardew, want him sacked in he summer and am fairly happy with tonight's approach to this game.

I don't like Pardew, want him sacked in he summer and am fairly happy with tonight's approach to this game.

Manhug?

:thup:

I like Pardew, want him sacked in the summer and disagree with his approach to the game tonight.

If everyone could do this it be much easier for David Icke and cp40 to see who they should ignore and who not to ignore

But you'd welcome an upgrade?

Upgrade by definition means improvement, so I'd imagine the answer would obviously be yes. :lol:

Generally, I agree with Dave tonight (though not so vociferously about the Benfica performance). I'd only want to move Pardew on if there was a cast-iron certainty we'd bring in somebody better. Right now, I can't see that happening so I'd prefer to stick, rather than twist.

Not giving them something to think about for the first 45 minutes is something that I would consider as a huge f***-up..... more so when you you're 3-1 down from the first leg.

Cowardly. Simple as.

Trying to protect the average defence he had out, keep us in the tie, then go for it when he had two of his big players coming off the bench who could damage them very nearly worked. 89th minute, if HBA cuts in and smashes that shot into the top corner then Pardew's played the perfect game imo.

Guest bimpy474

I want Pardew out but fuck me it's scary thinking about who Dekka and Mike would get in.

If we knew they would install a decent coach.....ah no point.

But you'd welcome an upgrade?

Upgrade by definition means improvement, so I'd imagine the answer would obviously be yes. :lol:

Generally, I agree with Dave tonight (though not so vociferously about the Benfica performance). I'd only want to move Pardew on if there was a cast-iron certainty we'd bring in somebody better. Right now, I can't see that happening so I'd prefer to stick, rather than twist.

Aye, I know. I was just being an arse.

I want Pardew out but fuck me it's scary thinking about who Dekka and Mike would get in.

If we knew they would install a decent coach.....ah no point.

Well they did eventually learn how to recruit good players whereas before they were allowing Dennis Wise to spend reckless money on players he'd seen on youtube.