Alan Pardew

Dave

I don't hate Pardew, I don't want him sacked and I'm unhappy with tonight's approach to the game.

How do you like them apples?

But you'd welcome an upgrade?

Upgrade by definition means improvement, so I'd imagine the answer would obviously be yes. :lol:

Generally, I agree with Dave tonight (though not so vociferously about the Benfica performance). I'd only want to move Pardew on if there was a cast-iron certainty we'd bring in somebody better. Right now, I can't see that happening so I'd prefer to stick, rather than twist.

:thup:

I do value the sense of stability and the fact the players still seem to like Pardew. If he was sacked I would absolutely shit myself about who was coming in next, considering their record with managers and the money we apparently pay them. For now, I'll stay.

I don't hate Pardew, I don't want him sacked and I'm unhappy with tonight's approach to the game.

How you like them apples?

I don't like Pardew, want him sacked in he summer and am fairly happy with tonight's approach to this game.

I like Pardew, want him sacked in the summer and disagree with his approach to the game tonight.

If everyone could do this it be much easier for David Icke and cp40 to see who they should ignore and who not to ignore

you cant accept someone with opposing point of view so you are actively looking to get ignored? :lol: :lol: 

Guest bimpy474

I want Pardew out but fuck me it's scary thinking about who Dekka and Mike would get in.

If we knew they would install a decent coach.....ah no point.

Well they did eventually learn how to recruit good players whereas before they were allowing Dennis Wise to spend reckless money on players he'd seen on youtube.

Well i was thinking that, getting Carr in as our scout has worked out well. Not sure i'm willing to trust them just yet though.

Upgrade by definition means improvement, so I'd imagine the answer would obviously be yes. :lol:

Generally, I agree with Dave tonight (though not so vociferously about the Benfica performance). I'd only want to move Pardew on if there was a cast-iron certainty we'd bring in somebody better. Right now, I can't see that happening so I'd prefer to stick, rather than twist.

I do value the sense of stability and the fact the players still seem to like Pardew. If he was sacked I would absolutely s*** myself about who was coming in next, considering their record with managers and the money we apparently pay them. For now, I'll stay.

Kinnear & Shearer were disasters, Keegan, Hughton & Pardew haven't been the worst appointments in the world.

Easy to forget we basically had half a Championship standard defence out tonight, and two young lads who've been here 3 months across the back four, one of which is lucky to be playing at the moment.

Pardew has his faults, but I don't think he got a lot wrong in this tie home and away.

Not giving them something to think about for the first 45 minutes is something that I would consider as a huge f***-up..... more so when you you're 3-1 down from the first leg.

Cowardly. Simple as.

Trying to protect the average defence he had out, keep us in the tie, then go for it when he had two of his big players coming off the bench who could damage them very nearly worked. 89th minute, if HBA cuts in and smashes that shot into the top corner then Pardew's played the perfect game imo.

Aye but he didnt! :lol:

Easy to forget we basically had half a Championship standard defence out tonight, and two young lads who've been here 3 months across the back four, one of which is lucky to be playing at the moment.

Pardew has his faults, but I don't think he got a lot wrong in this tie home and away.

Not giving them something to think about for the first 45 minutes is something that I would consider as a huge f***-up..... more so when you you're 3-1 down from the first leg.

Cowardly. Simple as.

Trying to protect the average defence he had out, keep us in the tie, then go for it when he had two of his big players coming off the bench who could damage them very nearly worked. 89th minute, if HBA cuts in and smashes that shot into the top corner then Pardew's played the perfect game imo.

You're thinking like Pardew now, that's your problem. He's gotten into you.

I don't like Pardew, want him sacked in he summer and am fairly happy with tonight's approach to this game.

I like Pardew, want him sacked in the summer and disagree with his approach to the game tonight.

If everyone could do this it be much easier for David Icke and cp40 to see who they should ignore and who not to ignore

you cant accept someone with opposing point of view so you are actively looking to get ignored? :lol: :lol: 

:lol:

Who do people think Benfica are anyway, that they are simply too great to be beaten 2-0 away from home in Europe? They are a very good team, but it's not like they're world class. They are not incapable of being beaten. They looked shaky defensively every time we attacked them, but unfortunately that's not saying much given we barely even f***ing tried to attack them.

This. We beat Man U 3-0 at home why wouldn't we be able to beat them 2-0?

You laughing? Read the last pages, people make it out like it was impossible to beat Benfica 2-0 ffs.

Only Barcelona have done that this season. Barcelona for f***s sake. One of the best club teams to grace the game.

You're f***ing mental :lol:

Right. And only Cit beat Man U by more than three goals last season. Not even Real did it this season. What's your point? Calling me mental for?

Actually why even respond when you're clearly delusional?

Is there an ignore button on here? Seriously? I can't cope with this every time we don't win. It's like holding a conversation with my 2 year old niece.

I was just thinking before how the haters remind me of my 2 year old daughter. :lol:

Get another two (against Benfica, no less, without conceding) and then still only be at the extra time stage, possibly lose anyway and before the derby on Sunday?

That's better than needing a single goal with twenty to go? Give over.

We needed 2 with 4 minutes to go, needing 2 with 60 or 70 minutes to go is better.

Guest bimpy474

CP, you say "you cant accept someone with opposing point of view" yet refer to people such as me as haters.........erm bit hypocritical isn't it.

I do value the sense of stability and the fact the players still seem to like Pardew. If he was sacked I would absolutely s*** myself about who was coming in next, considering their record with managers and the money we apparently pay them. For now, I'll stay.

Kinnear, Shearer & Keegan were disasters, Hughton & Pardew haven't been the worst appointments in the world.

#fypcanofwormslol

Who do people think Benfica are anyway, that they are simply too great to be beaten 2-0 away from home in Europe? They are a very good team, but it's not like they're world class. They are not incapable of being beaten. They looked shaky defensively every time we attacked them, but unfortunately that's not saying much given we barely even f***ing tried to attack them.

You laughing? Read the last pages, people make it out like it was impossible to beat Benfica 2-0 ffs.

Only Barcelona have done that this season. Barcelona for f***s sake. One of the best club teams to grace the game.

Right. And only Cit beat Man U by more than three goals last season. Not even Real did it this season. What's your point? Calling me mental for?

Is there an ignore button on here? Seriously? I can't cope with this every time we don't win. It's like holding a conversation with my 2 year old niece.

I was just thinking before how the haters remind me of my 2 year old daughter. :lol:

your point? I find the hissy fits laughable but dont look to put on ignore? dont even know how to do it.

Ha i just ignore the ignore button.

I didn't know there was one tbh :lol:

I can point you in the right direction if you're interested? I'm now Felipao free!

I'm in two minds, on one hand i won't have to hear how great Anderson is ever again but on the other hand i won't be able to see his response when Pastore performs shit again.  :hmm:

:bluestar:

I'd consider Pardew to be the only genuine appointment they've made which has worked out. Hughton was already here, they were actively trying to sell the club and there was no reason to look elsewhere. The rest have been utter abortions, and all for different reasons.

CP, you say "you cant accept someone with opposing point of view" yet refer to people such as me as haters.........erm bit hypocritical isn't it.

well you post so much hate towards Pardew so yeah.

Ha i just ignore the ignore button.

I didn't know there was one tbh :lol:

I can point you in the right direction if you're interested? I'm now Felipao free!

I'm in two minds, on one hand i won't have to hear how great Anderson is ever again but on the other hand i won't be able to see his response when Pastore performs s*** again.  :hmm:

:bluestar:

The Anderson comments are for palnese and palnese ears only. Anderson is a genius. :lol:

Cowardly. Simple as.

You're thinking like Pardew now, that's your problem. He's gotten into you.

Benfica were very clever first 10-15 minutes. They kept the ball well, took the sting out of us and the crowd. They're a better side than us and any hopes of us getting at them from the start were denied. If we'd just went all guns blazing, they'd have picked us off and it would have been dead and buried by about 20-30 minutes.

As it was, the way we set out, and the changes we made second-half and way we played, took us to within a goal of winning it really.

your point? I find the hissy fits laughable but dont look to put on ignore? dont even know how to do it.

My point was that it seemed like you wanted to ignore those who disagreed with you. Nevermind if that's not the point :lol:

Ah the ignore button, the equivalent of having a tantrum and tacking your ball home.

It really is this. David Icke proved he's a terrible poster. The ignore button was clearly only because he didn't like being served twice in the space of couple of days :p :lol: pathetic.

My point was that it seemed like you wanted to ignore those who disagreed with you. Nevermind if that's not the point :lol:

My point was I never even mentioned it, and got quoted.

edit- its just a bit of fun, im not falling out with anyone over this- the haters have some valid points, im prepared to wait and see.