Alan Pardew

Dave

Boss Alan Pardew has shaken up the training regime this week, using St James' Park as the base

We're playing s*** and the best he can come up with is to train somewhere else because it can't be his methods. :lol:

:lol: I love Mick's relentless pursuit of Pardew - remind me never to get on your bad side!

Boss Alan Pardew has shaken up the training regime this week, using St James' Park as the base

We're playing s*** and the best he can come up with is to train somewhere else because it can't be his methods. :lol:

Turns out it has nothing to do with playing shite or shaking up the regime according to the Journal  :lol:

Due to the high winds buffeting their Benton training base, the team moved to St James’ Park for training

Turns out it has nothing to do with playing s**** or shaking up the regime according to the Journal  :lol:

Due to the high winds buffeting their Benton training base, the team moved to St James’ Park for training

Bigger fences will fix that.  And running faster and jumping higher of course.  And a borehole.

Turns out it has nothing to do with playing shite or shaking up the regime according to the Journal  :lol:

:lol:

Oh well.

Turns out it has nothing to do with playing s**** or shaking up the regime according to the Journal  :lol:

:lol:

Oh well.

It makes sense, we don't want the high winds spoiling our long ball practice.

If he stays he desperately needs someone to come in to help with the coaching/training. It's clearly beyond whoever's doing what at the moment. He needs to face up to that and delegate it to someone who's more than capable. Then he can concentrate on his opposition reports and the 'all things to all men' act he likes to put on. Needs a major revamp of the training though. New bodies in to orchestrate it.

If he stays he desperately needs someone to come in to help with the coaching/training. It's clearly beyond whoever's doing what at the moment. He needs to face up to that and delegate it to someone who's more than capable. Then he can concentrate on his opposition reports and the 'all things to all men' act he likes to put on. Needs a major revamp of the training though. New bodies in to orchestrate it.

I'm not sure he could spot a good coach, or even if he did wouldn't be threatened by him. He'd much rather have around him people he knows are below him and have no chance of challenging him.

I'm not sure he could spot a good coach, or even if he did wouldn't be threatened by him. He'd much rather have around him people he knows are below him and have no chance of challenging him.

What brings you to this conclusion?

Fuck off muppet.

f*** off muppet.

RTGtastic

At his end of season review. If he hasn't any ideas regarding this then, if i were his employer, i'd start making my own enquiries and simply employ one. He's not done well with the team shape and direction since he's been here to deserve any respect on this. He needs assistance. Simple. If he feels undermined, so he should. He SHOULD be embarrassed and willing to do whatever it takes to bring about about massive change in our training and therefore performance of the the squad he has to pick from.

f*** off muppet.

RTGtastic

A lot of the stuff I've read on here the past couple of days has been tbh.  Depressing.

At his end of season review. If he hasn't any ideas regarding this then, if i were his employer, i'd start making my own enquiries and simply employ one. He's not done well with the team shape and direction since he's been here to deserve any respect on this. He needs assistance. Simple. If he feels undermined, so he should. He SHOULD be embarrassed and willing to do whatever it takes to bring about about massive change in our training and therefore performance of the the squad he has to pick from.

I tend to agree, although I might give him the close season and see how we start next year. Either way a positive and creative assistant might provide some balance to our approach. Carver and Stone seem to be grafters more than anything.

It all depends on how switched on Llambias and Ashley are about his abilities and whether they think he's not getting enough out of their transfers which they've been praised for (Ashley loves being praised). For me the ruthlessness side of Ashley has to kick in at some point, whether he wants stability, works well with someone at some point he's going to have had enough with the situation and take action.

If Pardew was doing great I'm sure people would have a doubt in their mind that Ashley will do something to fuck it up, well same in this situation, there's always a chance Ashley will pull the trigger due to his unpredictability. I'm also of the opinion Ashley and co are a lot more switched on then at any time during their tenure here and it's only time before he believes this isn't good enough and makes the right decision in sacking him. The problem is, what he goes for after Pardew, that should be the main worry.

I tend to agree, although I might give him the close season and see how we start next year. Either way a positive and creative assistant might provide some balance to our approach. Carver and Stone seem to be grafters more than anything.

Personally, i think that without a proper pre season of actually training with a mind on the abilities of the squad he has, pointless waiting to a few games into the season. Horse will have bolted. Have to ruthless sometimes to be successful. If he's staying, and unless a really obvious candidate, i.e. Laudrup, becomes available then i think it might be worth seeing what Derpdew can do next season, he needs to revamp the training. Those 3 haven't managed it in over 2 years, they someone else in to head up that responsibility. Someone with a talent for it.

I wasn't having a go there at all, totally unjustified abuse.

Tbf you know things are still touchy, and he'll more likely than not reply in a certain manner to you. You could have just chose not to reply to his post (not claiming either of you are solely at fault during this run).

You are better than this, Ian.

It's a bit "jobs for the boys" for my liking

Don't think he knew Carver personally before but it all smacks of getting a Geordie to get the fans onside. Carver might well be a good enough coach but if that's the case, Derpdew isn't allowing him to do his job properly and that dynamic is probably set now. Get someone in and make sure Derpdew knows why and what this guy's role is.

Tbf you know things are still touchy, and he'll more likely than not reply in a certain manner to you. You could have just chose not to reply to his post (not claiming either of you are solely at fault during this run).

Sure, but my approach was to just not hold a grudge and continue to try and debate things normally.

Sure, but my approach was to just not hold a grudge and continue to try and debate things normally.

Let's just leave it at that, k? Peace out. :lol:

f*** off muppet.

RTGtastic

A lot of the stuff I've read on here the past couple of days has been tbh.  Depressing.

You when lose to the SMB, become you the SMB

f*** off muppet.

RTGtastic

You when lose to the SMB, become you the SMB

You can be wireside then.  Watch your letterbox marra.