Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Tottenham played as strong a team as they could throughout the Europa League, and rotated a massive amount less than we did. Why aren't they tired and why isn't AVB complaining about tiredness. Because he is a far better coach with a much more positive outlook ?.

Tbh i'm sick of hearing all the excuses that come out of Pardew, when the reason were as bad as we are is him, to think otherwise is not seeing what's right in front of you.

Tottenham played as strong a team as they could throughout the Europa League, and rotated a massive amount less than we did. Why aren't they tired and why isn't AVB complaining about tiredness. Because he is a far better coach with a much more positive outlook ?.

Tbh i'm sick of hearing all the excuses that come out of Pardew, when the reason were as bad as we are is him, to think otherwise is not seeing what's right in front of you.

It's also the air of complacency and demotivation that all this negative talk creates that winds me up. Get after the fuckin players!! Demand performances! Throw some fukin teacups around!!! It's all the backwards how he carries on. All he ends up doing is soing seeds of doubt in the players before a ball has been kicked in anger. Just sick of it all.

His pre and post match talks are just so bizzare there isn't even a category I can assign them.

Guest bimpy474

It's also the air of complacency and demotivation that all this negative talk creates that winds me up. Get after the fuckin players!! Demand performances! Throw some fukin teacups around!!! It's all the backwards how he carries on. All he ends up doing is soing seeds of doubt in the players before a ball has been kicked in anger. Just sick of it all.

His pre and post match talks are just so bizzare there isn't even a category I can assign them.

I don't think i ever known a manager as negative as him, on the field in the way their team plays yes, but not before a game, it really is quite bizarre. And i can't see how his negativity doesn't feed through into the players and their performances.

he's not always negative , these are examples.

"I don't care if we finish one from bottom, I really don't. If we can get over the line, our fans know we have a good group of players. When everybody is fit and we can get one or two new signings in there we are a top-ten team."

"It would have been easy for them to come to West Brom and be ready to criticise us or be negative, but they weren't and that helped us. Our fans behind the goal gave us a boost before the game and their response was terrific. I really want to thank them for that."

None of our players have played over 40 games, only 4 have played more than 30, and one of them is a goalkeeper.

Meanwhile most of Chelsea's first team players are on around 45-50 games.

Aye, and Benitez has been complaining about tiredness for months.

January 3rd

January 27th

Mid Feb

March

April

Sorry I thought we were talking about performances and results. They're third and have played in two semi finals with one still to come ffs.

He is a frequent spouter of nonsense like.

Strange thing is he never was when he first came imo. Always seemed level headed and said the right things, and last season - since the pressure has gone up this season he's really responded poorly.

67 long balls per game last season.  Pretty close to what we were hittting before the new year.

Course, people don't complain about it while we're winning.

People did complain though.  Where are these figures coming from?

He is a frequent spouter of nonsense like.

Strange thing is he never was when he first came imo. Always seemed level headed and said the right things, and last season - since the pressure has gone up this season he's really responded poorly.

spouted shit all his career

Nowt wrong with an ego unless it isn't compounded by emotional security and intelligence. The great managers like Ferguson, Mourinho and Ancelotti have that ability to question themselves and admit when they're wrong, even if it seldom occurs. The likes of Souness and Pardew don't have that and that's where ego becomes a big problem.

No where near as bad. We had our own players fighting each other under Souness man  :lol:

Aye, they were rucking with each but did souness ever have us this low in the league and fearing for our safety with 4 games left ?

Edit

Sourface also had a UEFA cup QF to deal with and an FA cup Semi final to deal with that season.

His comments, two games close to each other "its what you  play football for"

we still top the league of long balls

# Team             G   TP   LB   LBG   LB %

1 (15) Newcastle 32 12207 1969 61.5 16.1%

2 (13) Stoke City 32 10454 1673 52.3 16.0%

http://www.nufcblog.org/2013/04/newcastle-united-are-still-the-biggest-long-ball-side-in-the-premiership/#.UXWGNb2cF0Q

That alone is sackable in my book. Football from the 80's. This man is a complete fraud and a cad to boot.

No, but he got sacked with time to spare. We got tonked 3-0 off City, who were god awful under Stuart Pierce at the time. We were hurtling towards the bottom 3 and imo he'd have took us down. He'd also spent a fortune on players and results were terrible, albeit he did have injuries.

Not a defence of Pardew by the way, but we were in utter tatters with Souness in charge, worse than now for me.

I've had enough of Pardew but Souness did far more damage imo. Took over a quality side, drove the quality players out, players infighting, wasted money Pardew could only dream of having and despite finishing higher than we might this season he also never got us close to what we did last season.

As bad as Pardew has been this season I still cant categorise him with Souness. His man management skills were absolutely atrocious, but aye you're right in what you say.

That he's even being compared to Souness is the biggest indictment of his leadership this season.

Souness had the advantage of dismantling a fantastic top 5 team built by one of our most beloved managers as well as unprecedented arrogance towards the fans and a huge ego. For all Pardew's silly sound bites he rarely has a go at the fans and his major failing is his tactics rather than falling out with any one who's a bit difficult to work with (or perhaps players who after playing under a manager like Bobby realised what a managerial clown Souness was).