Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/09/12 (LC R3) - post-match from page 33

Beren

They were more threatening going forward but nothing between us on the balance of play.

Good performance and some of the players can be proud of themselves. Deserved a draw at least.

Papiss confidence should be back, Ferguson did well and Tav looked brilliant, Bigi is twice the force Gosling is and Elliot looks far more capable than I imagined.

Onto Reading with Colo and Tioté a bit more match fit.

2158:

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew following his side's 2-1 loss at Manchester United:

"We left ourselves open at times when we were chasing. It was a really good game. We were pressing. We knew if we could get Papiss on and if he could get a chance he'd score. I'm pleased for the players but disappointed for the club because I thought we deserved more. Coloccini is a bit sore. Whether he did enough to play on Saturday I don't know. I'm not sure I should have played Williamson. But we're short at centre-half

Having a look at the BBC feed on the games tonight and there's a Pardew quote where he says "I'm not sure I should have played Williamson" :lol:

Bit of an odd thing to say.

Aye he said that after the match, because he's playing so many games at the minute.

Having a look at the BBC feed on the games tonight and there's a Pardew quote where he says "I'm not sure I should have played Williamson" :lol:

Because he played Sunday and Thursday before. And then the Monday before that.

Guest bimpy474

Think its because Willo has played nearly every game lately, played in Portugal then against Norwich and then tonight.

Ah right. Was wondering why he was so blunt about it.

4 games in 10 days, you say?

Gosling, Shola, Williamson and Obertan wouldn't be missed if they never played for us again and might free up games for other players with potential.

Mug.

Guest bimpy474

Are you always such a cocknocker ?

:lol:

Grow up man, not everybody sees things the way you do, thankfully.

It was a joke, you humourless pillock.

4 games in 10 days, you say?

Gosling, Shola, Williamson and Obertan wouldn't be missed if they never played for us again and might free up games for other players with potential.

Mug.

9 actually :razz: