2014/15 NUFC Kits - New third kit revealed on page 143

bowlingcrofty

Does no one think the commercial deal spoken about by Llambias in his Ronnie gill interview could be a new kit deal? Biggest ever he says. As we already have a new sponsor its the only thing I can think of which would add substantive money in to the coffers......

That's exactly what I thought as well. Maybe it explains why there's been no kit leaks at all? Hope it's not fucking Warrior or Macron though.

Doesn't he also have ties with umbro?

Yeah, and therefore Nike as well.

Kit maker is the only thing this deal could be tbh, we have stadium naming, shirt sponsor, sports direct, we have the 'official betting partner' or whatever in that Bet Butler, tickets thru Viagogo. I just hope it's not an in-house sports direct brand like Sondico or owt.

Doesn't he also have ties with umbro?

Yeah, and therefore Nike as well.

Kit maker is the only thing this deal could be tbh, we have stadium naming, shirt sponsor, sports direct, we have the 'official betting partner' or whatever in that Bet Butler, tickets thru Viagogo. I just hope it's not an in-house sports direct brand like Sondico or owt.

Nike sold Umbro iirc. Not that I'm against both, in fact I'm praying that we get one of them.

My bad, nike don't own them anymore

In May 2012, Nike reported that they would be selling Umbro (along with Cole Haan) in order to focus on their sports brands, including Nike, Converse, Hurley and Jordan.[11] In September 2012, the Football Association announced that future England kits would be manufactured by Nike.[12][13][14]

On October 2012, Nike Inc. announced that it had agreed with Iconix Brand Group to sell Umbro in USD 225 million.[15][16] The acquisition was completed on December 2012.[17]

[edit]

Must be a new kit deal, a deal that would help build a global brand...only a few manufactures have that status.

Adidas

Nike

Puma

The 3 main ones, will it be a new long term deal with Puma or have they struck a deal with one of the two major players?

My bad, nike don't own them anymore

In May 2012, Nike reported that they would be selling Umbro (along with Cole Haan) in order to focus on their sports brands, including Nike, Converse, Hurley and Jordan.[11] In September 2012, the Football Association announced that future England kits would be manufactured by Nike.[12][13][14]

On October 2012, Nike Inc. announced that it had agreed with Iconix Brand Group to sell Umbro in USD 225 million.[15][16] The acquisition was completed on December 2012.[17]

[edit]

Yeah, Nike weren't even subtle about commandeering the England contract :lol:

Must be a new kit deal, a deal that would help build a global brand...only a few manufactures have that status.

Adidas

Nike

Puma

The 3 main ones, will it be a new long term deal with Puma or have they struck a deal with one of the two major players?

Think it's a Puma extension though oddly we've signed Puma deals in each of the last two seasons. :lol:

Adidas

Nike

Puma

Can't see us going back to Adidas, the deal we had with them last time was pretty weak financially iirc. Obviously were already with puma, so that leaves just one.

Please be fucking Nike!

Adidas

Nike

Puma

Can't see us going back to Adidas, the deal we had with them last time was pretty weak financially iirc. Obviously were already with puma, so that leaves just one.

Please be f***ing Nike!

Was there rumours a while back about nike, cant remember.

Adidas

Nike

Puma

Please be fucking Nike!

The Adidas deals were decent when we first signed them in the end though as performances and league places started slipping they just gave us the generic templates. No doubt in my mind if we went back to them we would just get Sunderland shirt with black instead of white.

If I'm not mistaken Ashley sold his stake in Umbro when they were taken over by Nike. I wouldn't be against Nike, they made some shit over the last few years but it seems the majority of designers from Umbro have been taken on by Nike.

The new deal almost certainly has to be a new shirt deal, there just isn't anything else we can do commercially that would be the biggest deal for us ever.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u422/Cheikmeout/polo-front_20130330_1397686186_zps8edcaae8.jpg

That's actually painful to look at because of the fucked up perspective, who designed it, MC Escher?

Adidas

Nike

Puma

Please be f***ing Nike!

The Adidas deals were decent when we first signed them in the end though as performances and league places started slipping they just gave us the generic templates. No doubt in my mind if we went back to them we would just get Sunderland shirt with black instead of white.

If I'm not mistaken Ashley sold his stake in Umbro when they were taken over by Nike. I wouldn't be against Nike, they made some s*** over the last few years but it seems the majority of designers from Umbro have been taken on by Nike.

The new deal almost certainly has to be a new shirt deal, there just isn't anything else we can do commercially that would be the biggest deal for us ever.

Would absolutely love that to happen - esp if it was with Nike. But honestly, just can't see it being a new deal. Have this feeling it'll be something totally out of left-field and we'll be terribly underwhelmed. But heres to hoping though! If its kit related, just assuming it will be a big Puma extension but hey, hope I'm fucking wrong!

Adidas

Nike

Puma

Please be f***ing Nike!

If I'm not mistaken Ashley sold his stake in Umbro when they were taken over by Nike. I wouldn't be against Nike, they made some s*** over the last few years but it seems the majority of designers from Umbro have been taken on by Nike.

Would absolutely love that to happen - esp if it was with Nike. But honestly, just can't see it being a new deal. Have this feeling it'll be something totally out of left-field and we'll be terribly underwhelmed. But heres to hoping though! If its kit related, just assuming it will be a big Puma extension but hey, hope I'm fucking wrong!

He said it was on a global scale, what else can he do? Can't sell the naming rights to the stadium, sponsored stands wouldn't do it?, new catering contracts like Man City have wouldn't give it global exposure, it isn't going to be a training sponsorship deal as it's hardly going to attract more than Wonga. It's not going to be a new club store or a refurbished Shearer's bar at SJP as that again would only give us local exposure, plus it's not exactly going to attract big revenue.

Unless he's on about the new TV deal (and waiting until end of the season means waiting until safety is secured) then it has to be a new shirt deal, be it an extension with Puma or with someone else.

The more I think about it - the more you've made a good case for it.

Just hope you're right man, not at all trying to deflate your very good deductive reasoning for it at all :lol:

I don't despise the s*** Puma has made for us, but I have been itching for Nike since we had adidas!

:facepalm: :facepalm:

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u422/Cheikmeout/polo-front_20130330_1397686186_zps8edcaae8.jpg

That's actually painful to look at because of the fucked up perspective, who designed it, MC Escher?

More like MC Techno T