Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Would expect Remy resolution before the weekend. And remember, it's not a saga until you've written about it for 4 months #debuchy

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

:anguish:

Isn't that good news?

it was more aimed at "it's not a saga until you've written about it for 4 months " .... cringe at the thought of this dragging on and us limping to the end of the season with Cisse out wide and Shol.....I can't say it

Going back to the quote that (according to the Journal) Remy made about preferring to go to Germany, the only thing I can see on L'Equipe's website is from yesterday saying that we are his preferred choice (and it mentions nothing about German clubs). I reckon someone's picked up a false quote.

Here's said article:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Remy-prefere-newcastle/340812

I have not seen anything concrete but there's a lot of people around the internet on various forums including OM forums saying that Remy quote was fake but until i see confirmation i can't really say either way.

I'm not bothered about it anyway, the thing that annoys me is how long we are taking and i'm getting genuinely concerned now that we will buy Debuchy and that's it  :undecided:

How long we've taken? It's only the 9th of January.

I think most people would like our 'marquee' signing to play in the 3 massive games we've got coming up if possible or not going into these games without replacing 50% of our goals.

Short-termism is always going to be king amongst football fans, you know that be it right or wrong.

@davidmcrossan: #om coach Baup on #remy: 'he's still here, maybe he'll still be here this summer. He's not focused on a transfer'

Nor was Debuchy and then 5 days later he'd arrived here. Smoke and mirrors.

Just asked a mate of mine who supports OM about why its taken us this long to put an offer in and said this...

Remy was looking at other clubs and Newcastle didn't want their offer shopped around. Now they're the top option for Remy and they decided to put in the offer...

He is just a random person mind so take it with a pinch of salt, but found it interesting if it is indeed the case.

There isn't really a delay yet.

It's been pretty clear Ba was off for a while, we needed another option up front anyway and have done for ages and we've got three winnable games coming. Meh, what's the rush?

I can't believe how tight everyone's standards are about doing these deals. When in the history of football have everyone's transfer targets been tied up on 9th Jan?

I want him here as much as anyone, I just think we need to save the panic until it's warranted.

Guest Roger Kint

Just asked a mate of mine who supports OM about why its taken us this long to put an offer in and said this...

Remy was looking at other clubs and Newcastle didn't want their offer shopped around. Now they're the top option for Remy and they decided to put in the offer...

He is just a random person mind, but found it interesting if it is indeed the case.

Sounds pretty likely tbh. Not sure i believe the 'not interested' stories simply because we will have had some contact by now and we will know if he wants to come or not.

I can't believe how tight everyone's standards are about doing these deals. When in the history of football have everyone's transfer targets been tied up on 9th Jan?

I want him here as much as anyone, I just think we need to save the panic until it's warranted.

I think you are underestimating the danger we are in and, after the shite start to the season we've had, it's hardly unreasonable to have expected the club to have had deals completed very early on. If that costs us a small premium then that's the price you pay for having under invested in the summer.

The next 9 points are asbolutely critical and I can't believe you're content to enter these games with Shola as our only reserve fwd.

Guest icemanblue

I agree with you far too much these days, Ian. It's a problem to me, I won't lie.

Why do you assume I'm content or underestimating anything? I'm neither, I just don't think it's realistic to expect the deals done by now.

Your 'saving the panic' comment is pretty naive if you can't see what's right in front of your eyes. Did you learn nothing from the relegation campaign?

At what point would you panic Ian? When we've taken 3 points from the next 9 available? Or in injury time of the last game of the season when we're staring down the barrel of a gun?

You're a parody these days, bro  :(

Why do you assume I'm content or underestimating anything? I'm neither, I just don't think it's realistic to expect the deals done by now.

Your 'saving the panic' comment is pretty naive if you can't see what's right in front of your eyes. Did you learn nothing from the relegation campaign?

At what point would you panic Ian? When we've taken 3 points from the next 9 available? Or in injury time of the last game of the season when we're staring down the barrel of a gun?

I don't really know what time I would panic, certainly not on January the 9th. Obviously I would absolutely love Remy to play in the next 3 games, and a new CB as well, but I just think it's not realistic.

I'm not making a general point about our league status or danger of relegation, I'm talking about the belief that Remy should be signed and sealed by now.