Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We'll see anyway. I really hope that tweet from Douglas was accurate about a resolution by the weekend, whichever way it goes.

:thup:

About Aubameyang i'm not convinced we could get that done any quicker or any alternative to Remy for that matter, reckon going to be a while before we get anyone in IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if we haven't entered negotiations for any one else and won't do until Remy chase is done :lol:

We haven't entered negotiations for Remy let alone the back up :lol:

Nah i reckon we have, pretty common knowledge we have been talking to them at least which i doubt we have any one else.

None the less why it hasn't gone further than that is beyond my understanding, for some reason talking to a club and making an offer takes about 2 weeks with these morons :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-target-loic-remy-must-1526469

Newcastle transfer target Loic Remy has been told he has to up his game by his boss at current club Marseille.

Remy is Toon chief Alan Pardew’s first-choice replacement for Demba Ba, who was sold to Chelsea last week, even though he has scored in just two games this season.

Newcastle are prepared to be patient as long as it means landing the right man, and will refuse to pay over the odds, believing that both Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa could both play the “No 10” withdrawn striker role in support of Papiss Cisse if no deal is done.

Meanwhile, Marseille coach Elie Baup has questioned Remy’s form, and suggested the France international may stay at the club until the summer.

Remy, who's also a target for Queens Park Rangers and has previously been linked with Tottenham, has scored 28 goals in 53 starts for Marseille since joining in summer 2010 from Nice.

However, he has managed just three in 19 appearances this season, with the last of those three strikes coming in November.

The only other game in which he has scored was a comprehensive Europa League defeat of Cypriot side Limassol - who finished bottom of their shared group - in October.

Baup appears to be attempting to play mind-games with Newcastle, and has told the Geordies to put up or shut up.

He said of Remy: “He seeks primarily to regain his touch. The physical side, he has found. He must now partner that with the co-ordination of movements and feeling of the game.

“For a year, every transfer window, we have been talking about his departure. But he is still there - maybe he still will be in the summer.

“As this is the third transfer window where we are talking about his departure, he is not focusing on it.”

Remy, 26, is in Morocco at a training camp this week, while Newcastle have officials in France trying to do a deal.

Newcastle, meanwhile, who are ready to give new-boy full-back Mathieu Debuchy his debut against Norwich this weekend, also want to sign another defender in the window.

Skipper Fabricio Coloccini should also be back to face former Toon boss Chris Hughton, but the injured Cabaye is still out and Cheick Tiote has left for the Africa Cup of Nations.

Pardew is desperate for reinforcements to help dig his side out of a run of 11 defeats in 14 games - including last weekend’s FA Cup disaster against Brighton, which left many annoyed by the team's lack of fight.

Guest pont-toon

About 10% confident that we will get a replacement for Ba. 5% getting a new CB.

Nailed on to sign a central midfielder !!

Aubameyang's career path is very similar to Colo's.

Signed by Milan at a young age, very few appearances - loaned out to numerous clubs in a country that speaks his language before finding a permanent move and fulfilling his potential. Both have footballing fathers too.

Aubameyang :smug:

I'm surprised no one (to my knowledge) has mention he was on loan to Lille for a year whilst YC & MD were still there... 2 goals from 14 appearances...

He was a kid then tbf, this season has been his break through season. You could argue that he's a bit unproven and might be a case of having one good season like any one is capable of but i'd argue that he's young and he will just get better from here on in.

I'd be delighted if we signed him tbh.

I'm surprised no one (to my knowledge) has mention he was on loan to Lille for a year whilst YC & MD were still there... 2 goals from 14 appearances...

He was a kid then tbf, this season has been his break through season. You could argue that he's a bit unproven and might be a case of having one good season like any one is capable of but i'd argue that he's young and he will just get better from here on in.

I agree... Wasn't having a dig at his record that year just surprised no one has made the usual comments about him knowing YC & MD and how that could be in our favour when trying to do a deal...

I agree... Wasn't having a dig at his record that year just surprised no one has made the usual comments about him knowing YC & MD and how that could be in our favour when trying to do a deal...

Sure I read it earlier, sorry :(

I said earlier that he knows them and implied it would help him settle in knowing players from his past if we signed him but i doubt having Cabaye and Debuchy will have any sway as he was only loan for a season there.

Anyway what ever happens with the Remy deal i hope we move quickly.

About 10% confident that we will get a replacement for Ba. 5% getting a new CB.

Be bloody happy with that. A box to box midfielder is almost as high up my targets list as a cb and striker.

Not that we know anything close to the true story but i would be hesitant in signing anyone that isnt itching to pull the shirt on. If Remy truly isn't arsed about joining us then we will probably see a similar attitude on the pitch further down the line. 

If Aubameyang is going to be a few million cheaper and looks to be keen, I'd rather we did that and tried to get in a young forward/winger like lukoki.

Nailed on to sign a central midfielder !!

Funny you say that because The Times are saying we are in pole position to sign Moussa Sissoko :lol:

Sure I read it earlier, sorry :(

Maybe worth his own thread?...

"Newcastle are prepared to be patient as long as it means landing the right man, and will refuse to pay over the odds, believing that both Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa could both play the “No 10” withdrawn striker role in support of Papiss Cisse if no deal is done."

Letting us down gently there  :sad:

"Newcastle are prepared to be patient as long as it means landing the right man, and will refuse to pay over the odds, believing that both Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa could both play the “No 10” withdrawn striker role in support of Papiss Cisse if no deal is done."

Letting us down gently there  :sad:

Really makes me feel better we are relying on two injured players :lol: