The infamous FIFA 100

James

to be honest i thought at least pele wouldve been modest to not include him self :D

leave the others do it..

but some wierd names in the list,saviola?!,Becks is good but any player in this list is "a legened" and seeing names such as saviola,beckham, Trézéguet,Seedorf is kind of weird,they are great and good players,but legends are the likes of zidane,maradona,rivaldo..etc

well most of the crap fifa say dosn't convince me,such as the world player of the year award wich usually goes to a player from barcelona or madrid (check last 7 years) as if there aren't any other clubs in the world,also i LMAO when i saw the winner of the AFC best player award a few days ago,an unknowen qatari player who did nothing to impress anyone,he just won it because the head of the AFC - Mohamed Ben hamam- was qatari

so Fifa can go Sc***w themselves,coz legends are not shirt selling players,they are people who can chance a game just by being on the pitch..

We should come up with a list of our own then...

the 150... but best all time players evah! living or dead!

I nominate:

Bobby Moore

Zinedine Zidane

oh yeah and that Pele guy too.

well most of the crap fifa say dosn't convince me,such as the world player of the year award wich usually goes to a player from barcelona or madrid (check last 7 years) as if there aren't any other clubs in the world

Zidane won it twice with Juventus.

To be fair to FIFA, its not their fault that the likes of Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, have played and peaked for probably the two biggest clubs in club football.

All of those winners that I can see from the past decade deserved it, its some of the runner-ups who have been pretty undeserving of being there.

when gerrard helped liverpool to a historical champions league title,he didnt win it

while ronaldinho is winning this award for fun,ok i think zidane,rivaldo,both deserved the golden ball,but comon,if ronaldinho wins this year it will be 3 in a row..!!

i am not saying they are great players,i am saying the fact that its usually players from barcelona or real madrid to win it is clearly a sign of something..

the usuall way to win the golden ball is by the international managers vote,i remember at one year they decided they will make it the managers+international captins votes,but i don't know what happend few days before the winner was anounced and they canceld the captins vote

so its usually big media players who win such awards,because they are well known and voted for,while other superb players such as gerrard and makalele (yes,Makalele!)  will NEVER win the award,infact they will be lucky just to get in the top 3..

while fifa usually judge the winners of a world cup year by their peformence in the WC,this year they took 2 world cup player,and,yes..Ronaldinho,sure his team won the champions league but he was horrible in that final,and in the WC,if they had gone with Etoo i would have got no complains,but the way he just keep getting picked to the award is just scary..

when gerrard helped liverpool to a historical champions league title,he didnt win it

Gerrard had a great 15 minutes in the CL Final, Ronaldinho had a great season.

Both won titles, but Ronaldinho was without a doubt the significantly better player that season.

Guest GHoeberX

Yeah well to quote Romario Da Souza Faria:

Pelé should put a shoe in his mouth.

It's a disgrace to see that a football-genius like Patrick Kluivert is being put on a list together with carpenters and mailmen! blueupset.gif

what crap list!!

stopped taking it serious after i saw veron on it.

we should make a forumlist:

(all time)

100 best english players

100 best BRITISH players, excluding england.

this could include all of ireland.

100 best rest of the world.

Guest GHoeberX

Romario on Pelé:

When Pele's quiet, he's a poet, but he just talks shit.

On the field, he was the greatest player in history, he was our king.

But he should definitely put a shoe in his mouth.