Emre - Absolute Rubbish

stozo

Great game from the little man last night !

I often think emre is far too inconsistent and goes missing too easily in games but with retrospect it may be the partnership that affects him.

He does seem to play a lot better with butt, perhaps this is due to more definition to his role in the team .i.e. playmaker and busbody with butt as his protective cover??? blueeek.gif

Emre was very good last night but AGAIN we saw how poor he is defensively. He had two chances to tackle Harper before he struck the 2nd goal but instead just poked his leg in and failed to make the tackle.

As I say he was very good overall but the defensive errors must stop.

There is no middle ground with Emre. He is either abysmal or, like last night, brilliant. Really frustrating!

Emre was my MOM and world class last night, it all went right for him, i'm a huge fan and 90% of the critisism he's been geting lately has been way over the top and unjustified, he should score more goals i agree but i don't think you can question his effort and his set pieces are as good as you can reasonably expect i.e Superb - good most of the time . Thing is he'll be the new scapegoat like Robert was, unless it all goes 100% right for him again like last night. People on here will unfortunatly be expecting him to stand out like that everygame and score a world class goal every game and if he doesnt they think he's slacking/poor! Not even Ronaldinho or Rooney score goals like that all the time so give the little fella a break and appreciate his classy creative performances.

p.s. never seen Emre play 'abysmal' for us once! Your making out he is alot !!! Your not backpeddling hard enough imo

Guest Gemmill

Emre is a different player alongside Butt, simple as that.  However there have been times this season that he's been very poor, and it's only since playing alongside Butt that we're starting to see how good he can be, so I can fully understand people having had a go at him prior to the last few games.

I think it should be Zoggy, Solano for free kicks and milner for corners. Emre does look a better player when Butt is in the holding role, I have never understood GRs logic of using Parker as the forward player.

I hope GR now realises that Emre is better going forward than Parker is.

He was superb tonight. I'm not going to start shit with people, but there is a lot of fickle C***s on here who talk absolute shit, then they shut up when they get proved wrong. A lot of it seems to come from people who don't go to matches but post in matchday threads then they'll complain when they hear something on the radio. Knee jerk reactions.

Mate it is nothing to do with going to matches or not...I don't go to matches (I wish I can but I live in Australia) though I watch every NUFC game shown on TV whatever the time is being 4am in the morning and having to get up at 7am for work the same day I would still get up that early and watch the game...

Check my earlier post about Emre and I said exactly the same thing about how much rubbish has been said in this thread about Emre...

His goal tonight by itself is worth 6 millions...

He was superb tonight. I'm not going to start shit with people, but there is a lot of fickle C***s on here who talk absolute shit, then they shut up when they get proved wrong. A lot of it seems to come from people who don't go to matches but post in matchday threads then they'll complain when they hear something on the radio. Knee jerk reactions.

Mate it is nothing to do with going to matches or not...I don't go to matches (I wish I can but I live in Australia) though I watch every NUFC game shown on TV whatever the time is being 4am in the morning and having to get up at 7am for work the same day I would still get up that early and watch the game...

Check my earlier post about Emre and I said exactly the same thing about how much rubbish has been said in this thread about Emre...

Aye, but i wasn't saying it was in everyones case. Its just like when i get back from the match and i check the matchday threads i often see a load of absolute load of shit in there from fickle cunts when we concede a goal or something. A lot of this board (along with any other football message board) are knee jerkers.  I read this forum almost every single day, and i do post a bit, but the reason i don't post half as much as i should do is because of some of the absolute rubbish the forum gets filled with. I know everyones got an opinion and all that, but i just cannot be bothered to argue with people who seemingly haven't got a clue what they are going on about. Thankfully this forum is less full of shit than the other toon forums, and it is the best one on the net. Its got its share of very good posters as well.

Guest Gemmill

Your opinion is pretty much redundant though cos you think Luque is a fucking worldbeater.  bluebigrazz.gif

6 millions of what btw?

Guest Gemmill

Aye, but i wasn't saying it was in everyones case. Its just like when i get back from the match and i check the matchday threads i often see a load of absolute load of shit in there from fickle cunts when we concede a goal or something. A lot of this board (along with any other football message board) are knee jerkers.  I read this forum almost every single day, and i do post a bit, but the reason i don't post half as much as i should do is because of some of the absolute rubbish the forum gets filled with. I know everyones got an opinion and all that, but i just cannot be bothered to argue with people who seemingly haven't got a clue what they are going on about. Thankfully this forum is less full of shit than the other toon forums, and it is the best one on the net. Its got its share of very good posters as well.

To be fair to the people posting on here when the match is on (I'm not one of them like - soopafan, me), imagine some of the shit that runs through your head when we concede or when we concede 2 in 5 minutes just before half time.  Now sit yourself at a keyboard with a blank page in front of you.  You'd probably type some pretty "fickle" stuff as well about various players/managers.  It's easy to have a go when you come on here a couple of hours and a couple of pints after half time, with the emotions having died down and have a go at what people posted in the heat of the moment.

Aye, but i wasn't saying it was in everyones case. Its just like when i get back from the match and i check the matchday threads i often see a load of absolute load of shit in there from fickle C***s when we concede a goal or something. A lot of this board (along with any other football message board) are knee jerkers.  I read this forum almost every single day, and i do post a bit, but the reason i don't post half as much as i should do is because of some of the absolute rubbish the forum gets filled with. I know everyones got an opinion and all that, but i just cannot be bothered to argue with people who seemingly haven't got a clue what they are going on about. Thankfully this forum is less full of shit than the other toon forums, and it is the best one on the net. Its got its share of very good posters as well.

To be fair to the people posting on here when the match is on (I'm not one of them like - soopafan, me), imagine some of the shit that runs through your head when we concede or when we concede 2 in 5 minutes just before half time.  Now sit yourself at a keyboard with a blank page in front of you.  You'd probably type some pretty "fickle" stuff as well about various players/managers.  It's easy to have a go when you come on here a couple of hours and a couple of pints after half time, with the emotions having died down and have a go at what people posted in the heat of the moment.

Aye thats fair enough, i know i go of it when we concede, but its just some of the things you seen wrote which are totally over the top. Like last night someone wrote that Roeder was worse than Lawrie Mac :lol:Some people do go way over the top.

I believe Emre to be a bit of an enigma. He seems to play far better along side a defensive midfielder, which allows him a free role in attack. However, i still don't see him hitting double figures in a season because i don't think he gets into the box enough. If he were to hit double figures i believe most of his goals would have to some from the edge of the area. Butt has been fantastic in the last few games but i still feel Parker is a very good player and has alot to offer our midfield. I'm a firm believer in don't fix it if it aint broken, so if Parker is fit i think a place on the bench is the best option.

Come Blackburn, i want to see Dyer replace Milner on the right. We need to find someone to play left back too. 

Emre's problem is he doesn't have a good enough end product for the position he plays. He is a great player on the eye. I do agree that Butt and Emre play better together than with Parker, but i also don't think that them two will get us anywhere because theres not enough goals in there. I was just saying to my mate the other day that i would love to see us bring someone like Kevin Nolan in and put him in alongside Parker. It won't happen though. I just think Emre is too much of a luxury really, but i do rate him.

Emre's problem is he doesn't have a good enough end product for the position he plays. He is a great player on the eye. I do agree that Butt and Emre play better together than with Parker, but i also don't think that them two will get us anywhere because theres not enough goals in there. I was just saying to my mate the other day that i would love to see us bring someone like Kevin Nolan in and put him in alongside Parker. It won't happen though. I just think Emre is too much of a luxury really, but i do rate him.

Did you write that today?

Time and again this season emre has made himself space on the edge of the area and not had a go at goal. He has looked to thread one through or push the play out wide without much success. Last night he did what he should have been doing all season, working at least 2 or 3 chances from within 25 yards and scoring goals.

I dont see him as a luxury but can see how people might think it. He was sort of at fault for the Celta Vigo goal (although it was a great strike too) and he lost out a couple of times yesterday in dangerous places.

However, he is busy, breaks up play, dictates the pace of the game and is at the centre of most good moves. I just see improvement every week as he gets more used to english football.

Your opinion is pretty much redundant though cos you think Luque is a f***ing worldbeater.  bluebigrazz.gif

6 millions of what btw?

Don't give a shit what you think about my opinion you RED ROBOT...I also happen to think that if Luque was given a run in the first team for few consecutive games he would be have started to show value to the team...

Anyways don't drag this thread into a Luque's topic...

And about the 6 million goal...I think if these three points that we got today thanks to Emre's goal are the three points that decide that we finish in a UEFA Cup place then I think this goal is worth a lot of money...

everything positive went through emre yesterday, his passing was superb, and how the ball sticks to his feet when he bombs through players at pace i dont know, id love to have the close control he does. he is personally, with dyer my favourite newcastle player.

probably stupid sayin that on here!

everything positive went through emre yesterday, his passing was superb, and how the ball sticks to his feet when he bombs through players at pace i dont know, id love to have the close control he does. he is personally, with dyer my favourite newcastle player.

Not at all stupid. He doesnt deliver consistently but there are flashes where he shows skill and vision beyond anyone else in the squad.

Not at all stupid. He doesnt deliver consistently but there are flashes where he shows skill and vision beyond anyone else in the squad.

That bit you said in bold reminds me of the same words were said about Robert...On his day he could be the difference between winning and loosing the game...

What i really loved to see in Emre's play against reading was his running with the ball through their midfield with the ball so close at his feet. He is really quick in his turns with ball close to his feet, he just turns and changes direction on minimal space but still has the speed and control.

The reading player were like titanic while emre was a speedboat running rings around them. He's hard to catch when he's on fire, hopefully he can find som consistency, and i do feel that he is getting more adjusted to the english style of play.

He really has high potential and is a greatly talented player. And NO im not getting carried away just because of his performance in the game last night. But he's always been a special talent just that he has never  got his REAL breakthrough. When he was playing for galatasaray he was one of the rising stars in the world of football..

Hopefully We can see a more consistent Emre. Because when he is at his best, he is worldclass imo...Just that he needs a much higer level on his "not so good performances" He's never been a real goalscoring midfielder. But he makes things happen when he's on fire.

that's what really makes a worldclass player. Highlevel performances game after game, season after season....Too bad that hasn't happened. But many players out there have been real stars in the making in their earlier years and then gone into the shadow for a few years but then when getting older their true talent shows up again.

Hopefully this maybe could happen to Emre. I do believe Emre has his best years in front of him, at least i do hope so...

What i really loved to see in Emre's play against reading was his running with the ball through their midfield with the ball so close at his feet. He is really quick in his turns with ball close to his feet, he just turns and changes direction on minimal space but still has the speed and control.

that is his best attribute, how he keeps the ball at his feet i dont know, like the goal we had disallowed for 'offside', emre had no right to go through those players on the left and come out with the ball! he has a lower centre of gravity which allows him to turn so sharply on the ball!

That bit you said in bold reminds me of the same words were said about Robert...On his day he could be the difference between winning and loosing the game...

To be fair, I think Robert was slightly better and always more of a threat where winning the game in a split second comes in. Then again Emre's all round play is better than Robert's, so it evens it's self out.

I still think after the defence and attack has been sorted we should look at a game changing player, someone who can ping it on a 50 pence piece from 50 yards.

Like Pedersen at Blackburn who is gettable seeing is he isn't doing quite as well as he did last year.