Emre - Absolute Rubbish

stozo

the funny thing is, the people who slag Emre and Parker off, have no idea that the midfield is the least of our worries

Goals is our biggest problem, strikers was and is the biggest area of concern.

However, Emre is over-rated and Parker just isn't good enough, so central midfield isn't that great while Roeder selects these two. He could of course select Butt and Dyer......

As long as Dyer stays fit  bluesigh.gif

The funny thing is the people who slate Emre are usually the one's who rave about that useless c*** Parker.

The funny thing is the people who slate Parker are usually the one's who rave about that useless c*** Emre.

bluewink.gif

I suppose it depends what you want to watch in a footballer, one that can play the ball about or one who jumps into tackles like an idiot.

Which ones Emre?

The short Turkish bloke.

Which ones Parker then?

The one who looks like he's had a stroke.

Which ones Ramage then?

The funny thing is the people who slate Emre are usually the one's who rave about that useless c*** Parker.

The funny thing is the people who slate Parker are usually the one's who rave about that useless c*** Emre.

bluewink.gif

I suppose it depends what you want to watch in a footballer, one that can play the ball about or one who jumps into tackles like an idiot.

Which ones Emre?

The short Turkish bloke.

Which ones Parker then?

The one who looks like he's had a stroke.

Which ones Ramage then?

The one that looks like Gonch Gardner from Grange Hill.

the funny thing is, the people who slag Emre and Parker off, have no idea that the midfield is the least of our worries

Goals is our biggest problem, strikers was and is the biggest area of concern.

However, Emre is over-rated and Parker just isn't good enough, so central midfield isn't that great while Roeder selects these two. He could of course select Butt and Dyer......

As long as Dyer stays fit  bluesigh.gif

Aye, there's that like.

i agree with you...

he is very good when he plays stable, or often, with nicky butt.(more often than scotty anyway).

At his position we need someone stable 100% of the time, and imo its time to play nicky butt(best midfielder so far this season IMO), and scott parker.

Guest NSMagpie

Emre is neither an "absolute rubbish", nor a sensational player who will bring trophies. This is  just a typical football discussion in which everyone's a pile of crap or a hero.

Emre's qualities include great handling of the ball and dribbling, solid (but not as good as Newcastle currently needs) passing skills, good shooting, but mostly from free-kick situation, when the ball is not moving.

On the negative side, he is frequently "lost" in a game he should have controlled with a little help of his midfield friends. He doesn't do what a central midfielder is supposed to do- organize his teammates and control the game. He is not very strong, and, much worse, he tends to get intimidated by opposition tackles, especially when playing in away maches. He rarely tackles and doesn't have much pace. In fact, he is very very slow for a modern midfielder. In a physical league like Premiership, these are crucial negative features.

All in all, not a very good type of player for the Premier League. On the other side NUFC needs some creativity in the midfield, and as long as we don't find a better replacement, we depend on him and Dyer to create chances fof NUFC. If there's any interest from Bundesliga or Calcio sell him in June 2007.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

i agree with you...

he is very good when he plays stable, or often, with nicky butt.(more often than scotty anyway).

At his position we need someone stable 100% of the time, and imo its time to play nicky butt(best midfielder so far this season IMO), and scott parker.

Everytime Newcastle are mentioned or shown in Danish television Parker is praised as the best Newcastle player so far in the season and its almost like he carries the whole team on his shoulder alone! 

I'll stick with Parker and Emre who I both think are fantastic footballers....

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

How many times has Emre actually played with Butt to warrant all this bumming about their partnership? Seems to be to be totally knee-jerk based on Sunday's result.

Agree. Like when someone says Parker is is playing like shit and suddenly almost every fan agree but still he is considered to the national team and is praised from all other sides than the ones who should praise him - the fans!

I've always thought Emre was canny good, just that he seems to lack a bit of thought and conviction when it comes to playing a forward pass or shooting from distance.  Been class in the past few games.  Whats the point in getting on his back?

good shooting, but mostly from free-kick situation, when the ball is not moving.

I've not seen this good shooting in along time. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last free kick he scored was against Sunderland almost a year ago.

Guest NSMagpie

good shooting, but mostly from free-kick situation, when the ball is not moving.

I've not seen this good shooting in along time. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last free kick he scored was against Sunderland almost a year ago.

You're right, but what I said is based on his entire career, not just his NUFC starts. He can shoot from free kicks, but whether Roeder chooses to give Emre or someone else the chance to try is not up to Emre.

Anyway, my assessment is not based on his free-kicks, so that is just a detail. Not the crucial thing IMO.

Pity we didn't have a manager who observed some of the points made here, like, his crap delivery from a dead ball. A good manager would then say, "When we get a free kick or a corner, don't you dare go anywhere near it you useles little Turkish bastard"

Once over that problem he could concentrating on other things, like, opening his fukcing eyes to see where he's going.

I'd take 7mill for him tomorrow.  Ambrose was a better player, and finisher than Emre will ever be

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Class, please give this man the idiot of the day award.

Guest theunis

Think we going on here a bit too critical.

Yes his free kicks has been VERY poor, thursday game he did come close but that is not good enough.

His all round game is ok, been one of our better performers. With Dyer fit we can expect better goals from midfield i hope

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I've always thought Emre was canny good, just that he seems to lack a bit of thought and conviction when it comes to playing a forward pass or shooting from distance. Been class in the past few games. Whats the point in getting on his back?

It seems like some Newcastle supporters dont have anything else to do than criticise our players one for one...who is next to get his own topic where he is slated? Given?!  :thdn:

free kick against the scum wasnt poor ... give the bloke a bit more time the position along side butt and he will improve.  He has been far more creative than Parker.

Parker has scored 2 goals in the Premiership to Emre's zero.

That for me shows that Parker is superior to Emre.

free kick against the scum wasnt poor ... give the bloke a bit more time the position along side butt and he will improve.  He has been far more creative than Parker.

Parker has scored 2 goals in the Premiership to Emre's zero.

That for me shows that Parker is superior to Emre.

Kevin Doyle has scored 8 goals this season, Thierry Henry has scored 6.  That for me certainly does not show that Doyle is superior to Henry.

He has not been as productive as we would like him to be, but to say he is runnish  blueeek.gif blueeek.gif he is anything but rubbish, a player with his desire and work rate can never be classed as rubbish. It will coem good for hima gain he is putting in the effort every game , his shooting and crossing is a tad bit off but I have faith we will see the bet of Emre before the season ends.