Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Says it all that we've never had a manager poached by anyone else and the vast majority in recent times have ceased to manage for long after us. Woeful.

The last time somebody wanted our manager was England wanting to borrow Sir Bobby, I think.  Before that it was probably Gordon Lee.  :lol:

No doubt, most of them have been poor. But they've also not been given a long time to prove themselves. The vast majority of our previous managers had good success before they joined us. Managers know this and it doesn't speak well of our club.

I remember most people on here wanting SBR to be replaced after one dodgy season after 2 excellent seasons previously. A 5th placed finish brought boo's on the final day iirc.

Since the Souness era, I really don't think we have been a particularly attractive club for managers to join. We'll be better off going to the lower leagues or abroad.

No doubt, most of them have been poor. But they've also not been given a long time to prove themselves. The vast majority of our previous managers had good success before they joined us. Managers know this and it doesn't speak well of our club.

I remember most people on here wanting SBR to be replaced after one dodgy season after 2 excellent seasons previously. A 5th placed finish brought boo's on the final day iirc.

Since the Souness era, I really don't think we have been a particularly attractive club for managers to join. We'll be better off going to the lower leagues or abroad.

We've been a great club to join, we employ shit managers who produce shit and go away very rich.  :lol:

Says it all that we've never had a manager poached by anyone else and the vast majority in recent times have ceased to manage for long after us. Woeful.

Did anyone come in for Moyes before Man Utd? Genuine question.

He's been linked with better jobs, again something that never happens with NUFC managers.

The Robson criticism was justified, it wasn't just 1 bad season but 1 and a half seasons of nothing football where it looked like we were on the slide.  I wish we'd stuck with him or binned him off that summer, the biggest mistake was announcing he was on to his last season at the club.

Any manager who doesn't want to consider us because of the failings of a few useless fuckers before him (obviously not talking about Robson there) isn't worth having at the club.  We're a big club and a big draw and we should start fucking acting like it.

You also mention that we should have given other managers more time without giving examples.  So go on then.

I'm talking from a prospective manager's POV. You won't look down at Gullit or Dalglish for not doing much after NUFC because they're not in that position. They'll look at their position before they joined us because that's more relevant.

I know we've hired poor managers. But from the outside looking-in, NUFC looks a bit of a poisoned chalice. Apart from Keegan, they've all been sacked in the PL era. You go to NUFC and most likely, you'll have to rebuild your career.

I'm talking from a prospective manager's POV. You won't look down at Gullit or Dalglish for not doing much after NUFC because they're not in that position. They'll look at their position before they joined us because that's more relevant.

I know we've hired poor managers. But from the outside looking-in, NUFC looks a bit of a poisoned chalice. Apart from Keegan, they've all been sacked in the PL era. You go to NUFC and most likely, you'll have to rebuild your career.

So have all Spurs managers IIRC. Is that the same?

There are probably a few clubs in a similar situation.

Guest icemanblue

Who's the coolest? Who gets the most chicks? Let's go for the coolest one, who gets the most chicks.

You also mention that we should have given other managers more time without giving examples.  So go on then.

dis gon be gud

The mistake was hiring them, I agree. But as an outsider, would you see it that way? We've hired managers that have won big trophies and have been great players - sacked. We've hired from within, sacked after a season or two.

We should have given SBR and Hughton more time. We wouldn't have gotten relegated with Fat Sam even though i despised him.

Guest icemanblue

Who's the coolest? Who gets the most chicks? Let's go for the coolest one, who gets the most chicks.

Already got him non?

:pokerface:

Load of bollocks.

So have all Spurs managers IIRC. Is that the same?

There are probably a few clubs in a similar situation.

Spurs were a joke before they rebuilt their scouting network and academy, brought in Arnesen was it? And gave Jol 4 years. Jol who came from a smaller, foreign club. That's one of the two routes we should take imo.

Jol made them an attractive option again.

dis gon be gud

The mistake was hiring them, I agree. But as an outsider, would you see it that way? We've hired managers that have won big trophies and have been great players - sacked. We've hired from within, sacked after a season or two.

We should have given SBR and Hughton more time. We wouldn't have gotten relegated with Fat Sam even though i despised him.

A good manager should be confident enough in their own ability to not worry about shite like that.  Live for the day, not the daft little trends you think you've identified.

Whether Robson should have been given more time is debatable, I'd agree about Hughton though certainly.

Your comment about Allardyce is crazy.  He left when we were going nowhere but downwards (hoofing the ball up to Owen and Martins), then Keegan came in and kept us safe.  We got relegated the following season, so I'm not sure what you mean - that we should have kept ahold of Allardyce as long as possible so we stayed in the league?

Disagree massively that Spurs were a 'joke', not brilliant or as good as they are now but still a steady and respected name & did 'reet enough in the cups etc.

Anyway, if I was a manager the chance to manage a club like us, or even the mackems or whoever else has won bot all recently, and have the chance to make yourself an absolute hero to thousands of people the draw would be absolutely huge.

I hope we realise, that manager's "failing" at NUFC looks worse on us than it does on those managers to those on the outside?

Who gives a flying fuck what people with no tie to Newcastle United think.