Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Unless it is an inspirational appointment I will not follow any Rafa-less team next year.

This is where I am at now. After seeing a defence organised for the first time in years, it would be very hard for me to watch some clueless no mark come in and mess it all up again.

If it isn't Rafa, it has to be someone we can rally around. Someone with a plan top to bottom to rebuild this hollow club. Not sure who exists eho could do that job. 

I hope the club has noted the way that Rafa has galvanised the fans.  I think it is important that the fans believe in the manager especially at a club such as this and what a difference it makes having someone you respect managing the club.  I think a manager in Newcastle is a representative for our city and it is important that he is someone who carries himself with dignity and who we can respect- as well as being good at his job

Also, I think attendances will hold if Rafa stays as the supporters have faith in him and that will probably contribute hugely to his salary.

I can't even begin to think who they would go for if Rafa goes.  But anyone like Pearson, Bruce, Pulis, Martinez will see many fans walk away as most would be against them from the start for different reasons. Also I don't think any of those would be able to rebuild the club from top to bottom so the Academy etc would just be left to rot further.

Honestly, if it's not Rafa I'm happy to just give up. Might not make me a 'real' fan but I'll admit that Ashley has finally ground me down. Maybe I was spoiled with 2 great teams during childhood but Newcastle - and football in general - is now a constant state of misery. Just lost the will to give any more shits.

Just remembered. Didn't Lee Ryder and some other papers linked Pellegrini with us should he be removed from the Etihad earlier this year? Obviously it was before Rafa was linked but I kind of remembered that there were reports he would consider us but I'm sure it was if we remained in the Premier League.

Guest Hog

Would take Pearson just for the fact he's done it before, would be cheap and has been at the club before - that said, being in the Championship with a manager of that calibre would just epitomise just how far we've fallen.

Honestly, if it's not Rafa I'm happy to just give up. Might not make me a 'real' fan but I'll admit that Ashley has finally ground me down. Maybe I was spoiled with 2 great teams during childhood but Newcastle - and football in general - is now a constant state of misery. Just lost the will to give any more s***s.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. It's already been 3 years since I last went to a match and I don't intend to go back until Ashley has left the club and we have an owner in place who we can trust.

I think it's a bit harsh to tarnish Pearson as the Pardew-clone he's being made out to be. Had a fantastic record at Leicester really. Obviously he's a total c*** so I understand that side of not wanting him in charge.

I see Pearson more in the potential to be a Hughes or Moyes, than a Pardew or Bruce. Still not fantastic, but I think he's a decent manager.

He really didn't have a "fantastic" record at Leicester, no more fantastic than any manager who brings a club up from the Championship and keeps them up, like tons of managers have. Howe and Flores have both done it this season without having to be rock bottom until 32 weeks have gone. Steve Bruce and Paul Lambert have both done the same in recent seasons. I really don't understand where he has suddenly got such a big reputation from.

Having Rafa has reminded me that, actually, I quite like being proud of the manager. I doubt even his own mother doesn't think Pearson's a complete dickhead.

He really didn't have a "fantastic" record at Leicester, no more fantastic than any manager who brings a club up from the Championship and keeps them up, like tons of managers have. Howe and Flores have both done it this season without having to be rock bottom until 32 weeks have gone. Steve Bruce and Paul Lambert have both done the same in recent seasons. I really don't understand where he has suddenly got such a big reputation from.

Having Rafa has reminded me that, actually, I quite like being proud of the manager. I doubt even his own mother doesn't think Pearson's a complete dickhead.

Probably true :lol:

If Rafa does not fancy saying , we should ask him to recommend someone. At least he will have more idea than the clowns running the club. Still clinging onto the hope Rafa Stays.

Yeah you do. :lol:

Honestly, if it's not Rafa I'm happy to just give up. Might not make me a 'real' fan but I'll admit that Ashley has finally ground me down. Maybe I was spoiled with 2 great teams during childhood but Newcastle - and football in general - is now a constant state of misery. Just lost the will to give any more s***s.

I couldn't care less about being labelled a real fan or a part timer anymore. I had a season ticket for 24 years, did about a dozen away games every season and followed the team all over Europe but I haven't been to an away game for over 2 years and only went to 4 home games this season.

There's no loyalty in football any more and that applies to me now. If I feel the team are doing well and deserve my support I buy a ticket and if not I don't bother. That's where I am these days and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Bringing in Benitez brought me closer to the club than I have been in years. I cared about results again and really wanted us to stay up. However I knew what was coming on Saturday and when the inevitable happened I've got to admit that I wasn't all that bothered which disappointed me a bit because I really thought I was getting the bug back.

We now have a football club filled with sh*t houses from top to bottom. We have 1 diamond in amongst all that. If he leaves the club is basically not worth bothering about and that would have applied if we had stayed up.

What a sad state of affairs.

I've barely even mustered the effort to watch us on the TV, I have been that disenchanted with the club. Rafa gave me some passion and hope back, I felt gutted on Saturday and wasn't a pleasant person to be around but I was fine the next day. It was more the disappointment that I felt for Benitez than anything else.

If Benitez stays then I won't care a jot what league were in, I'm still watching Newcastle United play football and I might actually get to witness a few wins next season. If it's not Rafa then I'm not sure I'll bother at all other than a few fleeting glances at the score and the table.

When Brentford were looking for a manager, they were linked with one or two names which seemed incredible - I think Paco Jemez might have been one - someone like that who no-one believed would manage in the Championship. 

It is not inconceivable that we could attract a decent manager in the Championship - after all, no-one believed Benitez would become our manager.  The problem is the people who are making the decision and the arrogance that has been a trademark of Ashley's regime.  They will probably believe it will be easy for us to come back up with our players and therefore, the manager is not that important.

When Brentford were looking for a manager, they were linked with one or two names which seemed incredible - I think Paco Jemez might have been one - someone like that who no-one believed would manage in the Championship. 

It is not inconceivable that we could attract a decent manager in the Championship - after all, no-one believed Benitez would become our manager.  The problem is the people who are making the decision and the arrogance that has been a trademark of Ashley's regime.  They will probably believe it will be easy for us to come back up with our players and therefore, the manager is not that important.

I'd like to think (always gets me in trouble) that the signing of Benitez was the regime realising that a group of players can only be as good as the man in charge. It wouldn't surprise me if they brought some no-mark in but they need to choose carefully if not Rafa, they must recognise this by now.

That's the very reason we've had countless trouble since Ashley bought us. The most important person at any club should always be the manager.