Swansea 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

Unjust result.  Laughable have people forgot about reading away, Everton away and west brom at home?

Yeah good point. Imagine how West Brom fans felt when that ball went in off Cisse's backside.

Yeah but what has any of that got to do with todays result? We all know we fluked those games.

Unjust result.  Laughable have people forgot about reading away, Everton away and west brom at home?

Yeah good point. Imagine how West Brom fans felt when that ball went in off Cisse's backside.

Yeah but what has any of that got to do with todays result? We all know we fluked those games.

I think the point is that shit happens and it's not indicative of anything.

I have mainly two negative points against Cisse. His lack of jumping and his desire to go for power rather than composure with his shots.

I dont think he had time to place his shot in this match, hence why he opted for power.

Guest firetotheworks

In a nutshell, we were undoubtedly the better team and should have won comfortably but our finishing was s***.

We still should have at least got a draw, but then we were spawny when we beat WBA. s*** happens. The result and finishing aside we played much better football that should have had us winning at a canter.

Perspective is important here.

We've played much worse than that and won. West Brom (h).  Remember how dire we were against a similar Southampton side at St. Mary's?

Our midfield was very comfortable for the majority of the match against a slick side that's made many teams look very poor. We were at least as comfortable on the ball, if not more so, than Swansea, who everyone likes to portray as the absolute pinnacle of smart possession-based football. We improved in the second half - highly unusual this season.

We were undone by mistakes and poor play across the back but that will improve. Judging by today, we have come a long way since December. 

Oh, and HBA's coming back...

Completely undeserved. That new ref had a good game. Lastly what the fuck sort of noises was Dyer making when Cabaye took him out ?

My half time effort:

I actually thought he had broken his leg or popped his knee.

Cisse had one chance all game :lol: We're lacking someone in the final third who can provide for our goalscorers. Hatem will fill that void when he gets back but it really shows where we need to strengthen in the summer. You could say Marveaux is that man but I think we'd have struggled with him playing wide today, especially in that first period, it just doesn't suit him and he doesn't work hard enough.

I thought Sissoko could have played Cisse in a couple of times in that second half but he decided to go on himself. The lack of game time for Marveaux is really annoying as this guy has the class to play a killer ball. He should have been on about the 65 minute mark at least.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Without sounding too much like sour grapes it will be interesting to see how Swansea fair next season with the europa league and the chance that they might lose Michu in the summer if a bid comes in.

He's just signed a new deal hasn't he?

Cisse had one chance all game :lol: We're lacking someone in the final third who can provide for our goalscorers. Hatem will fill that void when he gets back but it really shows where we need to strengthen in the summer. You could say Marveaux is that man but I think we'd have struggled with him playing wide today, especially in that first period, it just doesn't suit him and he doesn't work hard enough.

I thought Sissoko could have played Cisse in a couple of times in that second half but he decided to go on himself. The lack of game time for Marveaux is really annoying as this guy has the class to play a killer ball. He should have been on about the 65 minute mark at least.

Yeah I'd like to have seen him come on for Jonas 2nd half

Don't know what cisse played like but it seems he keeps missing easy chances which are in turn costing us points.  Time to bench him I think.  He is living on last season's form.

Cisse missed 1 chance on his left foot.

That chip when Sissoko was busting a gut to get round the outside of Williams was exactly good mind. Know what you're saying though.

:lol: genuinely the worst effort on goal I've seen by any player since his back heel attempt earlier in the season.

Guest neesy111

What's that now 4 clean sheets in 28 games???

Same as Everton.

Compared to last year though, it's pretty abysmal and one area which you can pin point to why we are struggling this season.

Without sounding too much like sour grapes it will be interesting to see how Swansea fair next season with the europa league and the chance that they might lose Michu in the summer if a bid comes in.

He's just signed a new deal hasn't he?

True fair point!

What's that now 4 clean sheets in 28 games???

Same as Everton.

Compared to last year though, it's pretty abysmal and one area which you can pin point to why we are struggling this season.

:thup:

15 last year. Only two more goals conceded than we've already let in this season, and even that was skewed by the fact that we took a number of batterings.