First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

The East Stand had a standing paddock like the one in the leazes end after the roof came down.

The benches were installed for the start of the 1980/81 season as a response to the petrol bomb incident against WHU.

Kids used sit on a barrier at the front of the paddocks when they were standing but definately no benches in the 70's.

The East Stand had a standing paddock like the one in the leazes end after the roof came down.

The benches were installed for the start of the 1980/81 season as a response to the petrol bomb incident against WHU.

Kids used sit on a barrier at the front of the paddocks when they were standing but definately no benches in the 70's.

aye, the story I heard was after the east stand was built , the leazes end was made up in concrete form to match, but the club ran out of money after the demolition of the leazes ran to Half a million? 

I heard there was an offer from macalpine to errect the leazes in return for a few hundred season tickets for life- that the board declined, and the stand lay in a yard for a number of years.

aye, the story I heard was after the east stand was built , the leazes end was made up in concrete form to match, but the club ran out of money after the demolition of the leazes ran to Half a million? 

I heard there was an offer from macalpine to errect the leazes in return for a few hundred season tickets for life- that the board declined, and the stand lay in a yard for a number of years.

In the match programme every week in the early 80's (possibly next to Arthur Appletons Column) there was a photo of a scale model of SJP with the East Stand joined and continuing around behind the Leazes End. The paddocks were all that was ever actually finished!

In the match programme every week in the early 80's (possibly next to Arthur Appletons Column) there was a photo of a scale model of SJP with the East Stand joined and continuing around behind the Leazes End. The paddocks were all that was ever actually finished!

yep can remember that- think it went gallowgate as well? with only the west stand remaining but coloured to match the rest of the new bit- surprising given the state the west stand was in by the mid 80s. holes in the back nearly big enough to crawl through.

Was Today in 1977.

1977 Middlesbrough (h)

1-0 (1-0)

Division One

Kennedy(3)

Cooper

Alan Kennedy gave United an early lead, and there was no further scoring. However, Terry Cooper was dismissed for the visitors. Among the Boro ranks were David Mills, John Craggs and Stuart Boam, all of whom subsequently moved to Gallowgate.

Guest Kevlaar

Don't know first game, but the first one I remember was at home to Blackburn in 1994, which could have actually been my first.

A certain Alan Shearer scored a pen for them, then we equalised through a late Tim Flowers o.g down the Leazes end where we sat. Never heard noise like it. My main memories of those days, prior to the expansion was that the noise was deafening. Proper ear ringing stuff for a kid.