First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

First game was in 1961, I was 6 but can't remember much apart from the smells! First game I remember much about was 1963, Grimsby, drew 0-0, I'm sure Jimmy Fell missed a penalty - floodlights were on! I was 11 months and 3 days old when we last won a domestic trophy and like many my age, I just hope I get the chance to see us do it before I join the great supporters club in the sky.

First game was in 1961, I was 6 but can't remember much apart from the smells! First game I remember much about was 1963, Grimsby, drew 0-0, I'm sure Jimmy Fell missed a penalty - floodlights were on! I was 11 months and 3 days old when we last won a domestic trophy and like many my age, I just hope I get the chance to see us do it before I join the great supporters club in the sky.

Beer farts, stale beer, cigarettes and possibly the stinky malty smell from the brewery ?

Beer farts, stale beer, cigarettes and possibly the stinky malty smell from the brewery ?

When I was a kid I always remember the smell of the brewery, it was awful.

Anyway my first away game:

http://www.11v11.com/matches/leeds-united-v-newcastle-united-01-april-1994-21624/

Can't remember my first actual game, newcastle vs Luton I deffo was at (http://www.11v11.com/matches/newcastle-united-v-luton-town-02-september-1992-173694/) but my dad reckons there were a handful of games before that but he can't remember which, I was about 8 and really uninterested with football, found the whole thing pretty scary tbh.

First match I ever attended was Newcastle vs West Ham in 2002.

We won 4-0 and I was sat in Level 7 with my West ham supporting mate who came up to watch the match with me. Watching him having to cheer each time newcastle scored was great!

Can remember proudly wearing my newly purchased 'Viana' shirt  :idiot2:

You got to see Jamie McClen in the flesh.

Think we'd tanked Zeljeznicar 4-0 as well, only days before.

Was convinced we were gonna win the league. :blush:

Benwell Lad - was that the game when Alan Suddick got booked for pulling the guy's shorts down when the wall wouldn't go back 10 yards?

Sorry mate I remember the incident but couldn't say who we were playing. I'm sure someone will be able to enlighten us.

I went to every game that season and couldn't get a ticket for that one... I now know who to blame :lol:

Unlucky, I had a spare and sold it at face value even though I was offered three times that by somebody who was moaning that he hadn't seen a game all season.

pretty sure this was my first

1997/1998 Season - Wed 15 Oct - Newcastle Utd. 2 - 0 Hull City - League Cup 

was that an ian rush goal for us  :) and david rocastle playing for them  :'( ?

des hamilton scored the other  :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/zhjp9Y6.png

First match I ever attended was Newcastle vs West Ham in 2002.

We won 4-0 and I was sat in Level 7 with my West ham supporting mate who came up to watch the match with me. Watching him having to cheer each time newcastle scored was great!

Can remember proudly wearing my newly purchased 'Viana' shirt  :idiot2:

You got to see Jamie McClen in the flesh.

Think we'd tanked Zeljeznicar 4-0 as well, only days before.

Was convinced we were gonna win the league. :blush:

Jamie McClen... Now there's a blast from the past!

I had the same feeling about winning the league, we were seriously on fire at the beginning of that season......(well the first 2 games anyway)

May 9th 1993 - NUFC 7 - 1 Leicester City

David Kelly was my favourite player at the time and he got a hat trick. Cole got a hat trick and Rob Lee scored. Perfect match. I was 9 and went with my dad and my uncle.

I went to every game that season and couldn't get a ticket for that one... I now know who to blame :lol:

I went to every game bar the Bristol city 5-1? at home- was locked out the gallowgate before 1pm :lol:  1pm man the gates were locked for a 3pm kick off. :lol:

Yep i remember it well... It was like that mosts games when KK took over... They should do that these days and let the atmosphere build up in the ground rather than the pubs...

Vague memories of having to go down SJP for when they opened the gates to get a space on one of the barriers in Leazes most times I went that season. As a young 'un I must've been bored shitless going that early.

1996/97 Leeds 0-1 Newcastle

Mam and Dad took me, sat in the Leeds end, Toon top under my jacket. Mum ruined the whole rouse by jumping up when Shearer smashed in the winner. Went to Milwaukee Diner for tea afterwards. Canny.

i think Iv'e aleady posted this somewhere but, 1976 NUFC v MUFC 2-2 draw(div 2)? I was 8, Hodgeson's arms(behind the brewery (Why Oh why did they have to pull this pub down,must have been 25/6 when it went)) for a pre match drink.At ten to three everyone ran to the ground. Sat in the benches in the "New stand" and pretty much watched the (old)Leazes end nutters (Longbenton aggro, Sham army, Wallsend Bootboys, etc.) fight each other for control of the middle of the stand all game.Couldn't tell you who scored or anything but "Hooked" ever since.  Love NUFC.(more than football probably :))

sure the benches were there then ?

strange how time plays tricks, my memories of andy griffins tackle in di viao (spelling ?) and his goal are from the viewpoint of the a-wing paddock.............but i was sat in the gallowgate.

Pretty sure (cant find owt on wiki), although having said that, for some reason I thought it was 1978 until a couple of months ago when an enciclopiedic NUFC fan pointed out we didn't play Man U that year! :buck2:

Im surprised at benches as early as 76.

and agree with Madras, how your memory can sometimes seem to be from a differing angle- strange.

Pretty sure (cant find owt on wiki), although having said that, for some reason I thought it was 1978 until a couple of months ago when an enciclopiedic NUFC fan pointed out we didn't play Man U that year! :buck2:

Im surprised at benches as early as 76.

and agree with Madras, how your memory can sometimes seem to be from a differing angle- strange.

.com has every season's full record and is a good memory jogger for this stuff.

it was 1978, march 11th (McGhee, Burns).

I'm asure the benches went in in response to the west ham fire bomb thing and that was 1980, could be wrong though. found a single pic of the incident but it doesn't seem conclusive as to the benches being there or not.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7749/64711340228849822213001.jpg

Benwell Lad - was that the game when Alan Suddick got booked for pulling the guy's shorts down when the wall wouldn't go back 10 yards?

Sorry mate I remember the incident but couldn't say who we were playing. I'm sure someone will be able to enlighten us.

The Suddick shorts booking was againstBury, but the season after the 0-4. Think we lost 3-2 after the ref played a ludicrous amount of extra time. The 0-4 was actually the first game i ever attended and I always say it set me up for a lifetime of disappointment ...

Re the 5-0 win over Northampton about the same time , have vague memories of a Northampton defender scoring an og of Graham Oates style brilliance, but my memory may be playing tricks