First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

Guest Geordiesned

May 9th 1993 - NUFC 7 - 1 Leicester City

David Kelly was my favourite player at the time and he got a hat trick. Cole got a hat trick and Rob Lee scored. Perfect match. I was 9 and went with my dad and my uncle.

...and I bet you didn't know any of the words to the songs in the pre-match Lindsafarne gig! :)

David Kelly was my favourite player at the time and he got a hat trick. Cole got a hat trick and Rob Lee scored. Perfect match. I was 9 and went with my dad and my uncle.

...and I bet you didn't know any of the words to the songs in the pre-match Lindsafarne gig! :)

I was right in front of Lindsfarne that day, packed in like sardines in the Leazes end, it was a hot day and felt close to collapsing in that throng of people, after each goal we moved further and further down, almost on the pitch by half time LOL. Still one of my favourite ever games, at the time we didn't know it but a great way for a true NUFC great David Kelly to say goodbye.

I was right in front of Lindsfarne that day, packed in like sardines in the Leazes end, it was a hot day and felt close to collapsing in that throng of people, after each goal we moved further and further down, almost on the pitch by half time LOL. Still one of my favourite ever games, at the time we didn't know it but a great way for a true NUFC great David Kelly to say goodbye.

I was in the Leazes corner...... what a great day!!! Sunshine, a few beers and promotion. Terrific.

1962 ( I think) against Preston North End.  Froze my little nuts off and me Grandad had to take me home just after half time I was crying with the cold.  Poor old sod, I had pestered him to take me to my first game anaarl.  At least we won.

I was in the Leazes corner...... what a great day!!! Sunshine, a few beers and promotion. Terrific.

I'm not sure where we were - and my dad can't remember. I used to have a VHS of the seasons highlights from that year and would spend hours trying to see myself but never did :(

I used to have the commentary from that highlight tape memorised.

I'm not sure where we were - and my dad can't remember. I used to have a VHS of the seasons highlights from that year and would spend hours trying to see myself but never did :(

I used to have the commentary from that highlight tape memorised.

I'm sure Leicester were in the majority of the Leazes that day as we had to move from where normally stood in to the Milburn paddock.

1986/87 - Charlton at home. Got beat 3-0 and some fat bloke snapped the Gallowgate crossbar after the game, may have been our last home game that season.

Edit: Just realised i went to a testimonial games or friendly or something about a year or two earlier but cant remember who the hell it was against so that would have been my first. Was only about 5 so god help me working it out.

Haha!!!! I ripped my Farah's on the fence climbing out of the scoreboard at the final whistle!!! #casual

Guest Roger Kint

1986/87 - Charlton at home. Got beat 3-0 and some fat bloke snapped the Gallowgate crossbar after the game, may have been our last home game that season.

Edit: Just realised i went to a testimonial games or friendly or something about a year or two earlier but cant remember who the hell it was against so that would have been my first. Was only about 5 so god help me working it out.

Haha!!!! I ripped my Farah's on the fence climbing out of the scoreboard at the final whistle!!! #casual

Was a mental sight for me as a kid to watch it :lol:

1982 - Fulham at home, nufc score two in the last minute to win the game...SJP went fucking mental, ill never forget that day.  Proper mental.

remember our old man hoying you in the air at the winner- in the west stand paddock.

My first game was a pre season friendly against benfica and the great Eusebio, the official opening of the east stand- remember being proper scared by the height. cant remember the year- round about 73ish.  Supermac once told me Eusabio was simply untouchable in the game.

I have faint memories of being taken to Joker park in the 70s as a kid- but my first proper away trip with mates and that was Carlisle nyd '84  3-1 loss on the way to promotion.

:aww:

November 1998, Duncan Ferguson's debut at home to Wimbledon. He scored twice and became my favourite player. Can't really remember much about it, sadly, other than seeing the pitch and ground for the first time under the lights. Solano got the other and Marcus Gayle scored for them.

Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/12/12

Been a toon fan since I was 6, so just the 20 year wait to finally see a match.

Took the misses, sat 10 seats behind the goal, couldn't see a thing apart from Shola's goal. horrible rain, best day ever.

1982 - Fulham at home, nufc score two in the last minute to win the game...SJP went f***ing mental, ill never forget that day.  Proper mental.

remember our old man hoying you in the air at the winner- in the west stand paddock.

My first game was a pre season friendly against benfica and the great Eusebio, the official opening of the east stand- remember being proper scared by the height. cant remember the year- round about 73ish.  Supermac once told me Eusabio was simply untouchable in the game.

I have faint memories of being taken to Joker park in the 70s as a kid- but my first proper away trip with mates and that was Carlisle nyd '84  3-1 loss on the way to promotion.

except that friendly was 1971, i don;t think the east stand was built till 72/73.

1982 - Fulham at home, nufc score two in the last minute to win the game...SJP went f***ing mental, ill never forget that day.  Proper mental.

except that friendly was 1971, i don;t think the east stand was built till 72/73.

aye- so ive read- think my old man must have been mistaken when he said they were opening the new stand- still rekons he took me to thwet friendly. :dontknow:

aye- so ive read- think my old man must have been mistaken when he said they were opening the new stand- still rekons he took me to thwet friendly. :dontknow:

did you see in the earlier thread, i have the prog from that friendly.

I read that earlier- i had also seen the prog on ebay- also had an email from supermac about the game- he rekons it was his first run out for us ,and Eusabio was unplayable- he also told me the east stand wasnt there. :lol:

I need to find out what pre season friendly it was opened.

I read that earlier- i had also seen the prog on ebay- also had an email from supermac about the game- he rekons it was his first run out for us ,and Eusabio was unplayable- he also told me the east stand wasnt there. :lol:

I need to find out what pre season friendly it was opened.

Says here it was partially opened in 1973. First home pre-season friendly after that was 1979 :lol:

You can have Ollie Burton's testimonial v mackems in May 1973 if you like. Or Tony Green's testimonial v smoggies in May 1974 - I was big enough to go by myself by then, so I was actually in the East Stand for that one. Bobby Charlton played for us! Or Internacional from Brazil in March 1975 - they're a bit more exotic AND they play in red shirts and white shorts.

?