First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

i didn't actually get to my first game until i was 12. it was the 5-1 vs brentford with rob lee's disallowed goal from our own half.

i think i remember something on the p.a about howey and clark being called up to the england u21 squad, and something about john beresford and an england training get together?

Leeds (h) on 22nd December '93, Wednesday night match.

Drew 1-1 with a late equaliser from Andy Cole and I've got a memory of Beardsley missing a penalty in the first half but not sure if that's right or not.

Was only 7 and had to attempt a three-course meal beforehand for some reason; I'm assuming Dad got comped tickets through work.

Remember being fascinated by Tony Dorigo's name and then bitterly disappointed when I saw what he looked like.

middlesbrough away in the league cup during the promotion season under keegan....never looked back, also cemented a personal dislike for 'boro from an early age, double bonus

was mayhem outside ayresome that night.

middlesbrough away in the league cup during the promotion season under keegan....never looked back, also cemented a personal dislike for 'boro from an early age, double bonus

yeah that's one of my overriding memories - leaving the ground was fucking nuts, plus seem to recall they were hoying coins and shit at us all through the game

1992'ers marra

Guest firetotheworks

4-2 against Sheff Wed. The Alex Mathie match. Waddle and Sinton both got called Judas. I had no idea what was going on, so naturally proceeded to calling every Sheff Wed player a Judas.

1992'ers marra

as someone who went to my first game in the '92-93 season i've never understood the idea that people jumped the bandwagon then...if there was any bandwagon jumping done it was when we challenged for the title and subsequently signed shearer...'92 just fits the dummies 'cause of sky

April 30th 1988 - home match against Oxford Utd.  We won 3-1 thanks to Lormor, O'Neill & Goddard.  I was 10yrs old.  Stood in the paddock area in front of the main stand near where the away fans were caged.  There was "only" 16k in attendance but my main memory is the noise and also watching the nutters in the Gallowgate end.  I was hooked!

Did we play Ajax in the early to mid 90's in the champions league? I remember thinking about windmills when I was at the match.

don't think we've ever played ajax in europe since i've been watching, psv & feyenoord

Cheers man, I think it was at home vs PSV, definitely wasn't Feyenoord, I remember listening to that on the radio.

1997?

Was a 0-0 draw against Blackburn at home in the late 90s. Went to a few games before I got my season ticket and didn't see Newcastle score one until I got a season ticket.

Then this beautiful man scored twice against Derby in a 3-2 win

AtvTzq5CQAAI7tw.jpg:large

Did we play Ajax in the early to mid 90's in the champions league? I remember thinking about windmills when I was at the match.

don't think we've ever played ajax in europe since i've been watching, psv & feyenoord

Cheers man, I think it was at home vs PSV, definitely wasn't Feyenoord, I remember listening to that on the radio.

1997?

anyone remember playing psv at home when park ji-sung & lee young-pyo played against us?  i nearly got hoyed out for kicking off at the people around me making dog barking noises...apparently casual racism wasn't an issue as they weren't black men

I really don't remember, it was way back in the late 70's, Wrexham or Bristol City I think but could be totally wrong I was a young 9 or 10 year old, in the old west stand paddock. The team the ground, everything was totally different back then.

Man City at home 1976 in the cup.  Got beaten 3-1.  5 years old in the seats with me Dad and big brother who bought me a wagon wheel the size of a frizbee and a bovril that never seemed to cool down.  Can't remember much about the game other than the noise, the black and white and my Dad shouting at our defence for being rubbish.  Has anything really changed? 

I had a Wagon Wheel at my first game as well, was in the East Stand with my uncle and my cousin. I seem to recall getting a tube of orange flavoured boiled sweets as well. Alan Kennedy scored early in the game in a 1-0 win over Boro and i remember being mesmorised by people climbing the floodlight pylons.

The only thing i remember about the actual game is the goal and can still picture it now in my mind.

It's nearly 40 years ago and I shudder to think how much NUFC has cost me in cash, hair, liver damage in that time.  Would I do it all again if I knew then what I know now?  It's a tough question.  The good times have outweighed the bad ones.  I think. 

Was a 0-0 draw against Blackburn at home in the late 90s. Went to a few games before I got my season ticket and didn't see Newcastle score one until I got a season ticket.

I think this was mine also, i remember it being blackburn and a boring game!