Alan Pardew

Mike

He can't get the midfield to work. Cabaye could be effective. Anita could be effective but they have to be given very defined roles.

I'd be inclined to flog Tiote at this point. I don't think we're going to see the same player that we had in his first season. Certainly not under AP.

I'm not overly impressed with Sissoko. Can he influence games to the extent we need a midfielder to? Can he be effective? Feels like we've carried him all season thus far.

There's no shape or plan to the way the midfield plays and as a result we're rendering half decent players useless.

Who the f*** is drilling these guys during the week?

sissoko needs to be the one midfielder always driving forward to help out in the box, he should be constantly up and down between half way line and 18 yard box, with or without the ball. He's the one picking up anything that comes out or the extra man. He ain't doing that.

He's not and I don't think he's got the legs to either. He looked absolutely fucked after an hour last night.

I don't want anyone to post any Pardew superlatives, he cost us the game with a shit team selection , formation and game tactics! Simple as that. Game looked over at half time and question of how many Everton or Lakaku would score. We came out and showed ourselves in much better light, which in a way angered me more because we could have done that from the offset. Obviously case to be made Everton took foot off the gas but we give them a big warning with Gouff's effort that we weren't done just yet, then Cabaye scored a glorious goal (not a fluke) and we then tried to push on from that. It wasn't to be another great comeback but we give it a go at least, I bet few expected that after the first half.

I don't want anyone to post any Pardew superlatives, he cost us the game with a s*** team selection , formation and game tactics! Simple as that. Game looked over at half time and question of how many Everton or Lakaku would score. We came out and showed ourselves in much better light, which in a way angered me more because we could have done that from the offset. Obviously case to be made Everton took foot off the gas but we give them a big warning with Gouff's effort that we weren't done just yet, then Cabaye scored a glorious goal (not a fluke) and we then tried to push on from that. It wasn't to be another great comeback but we give it a go at least, I bet few expected that after the first half.

Pardew thread.

You are still spinning mate.

All we did in tge second half was reorganise a defence. Everton took their foit off the gas but still had sone good chances in our box.  As for us we still misplaced passes and looked like a group of strangers playing together.

Cabaye scored a good goal which caught everton out and we knicked a tap in at the end.

Overall fuckin terrible.

First half unforgiveable

Second half slight improvement.

If that game was at a vital part of the season everton  would have murdered us.

Awful dont let a good goal and a 3-2 score line blind you.

Wasn't a great second half performance but it was the bare minimum we should expect in that finally we had someone attacking and winning defensive headers, players closing down properly in midfield and someone in Cabaye to get it down and move the ball forward faster.

We got a great individual strike and a somewhat scrappy late 2nd which capped a decent 2nd half display. But I think it was a simply fact of catching Everton sleeping a little as they probably didn't expect to do a thing based on the first half.

I've said on here, we'll get beat off City, Villa, Everton, I think we'll win on Saturday so I'm now spinning things? It's just an opinion. Awful first half, much better second. Last night was a disaster, haven't said otherwise but still feel we have the ability within our side to do well and I'm in the thought of we can beat Cardiff.

Just watched his interview after the game yesterday, and he did seem genuinely annoyed/angry at that first half performance.

I think his teams the last couple of league games have been what the majority on here would of gone with aswell, just hasn't happened for us on the pitch.

I did get the feeling that he's prepared to make some more changes ahead of the Cardiff game, which I do support. Sounds like some players have cost themselves a starting position this weekend.

Have a feeling he'll get it right against Cardiff like. We can all see the first half performance against Everton wasn't good enough. 

I've said on here, we'll get beat off City, Villa, Everton, I think we'll win on Saturday so I'm now spinning things? It's just an opinion. Awful first half, much better second. Last night was a disaster, haven't said otherwise but still feel we have the ability within our side to do well and I'm in the thought of we can beat Cardiff.

I think we'll win at Cardiff too. I think he won't be scared of them and will select a side to play to our strengths with the right players in their best positions. I just wish he'd do this every game though. Ok we may get beat but at least get beat having a go.

Just watched his interview after the game yesterday, and he did seem genuinely annoyed/angry at that first half performance.

I think his teams the last couple of league games have been what the majority on here would of gone with aswell, just hasn't happened for us on the pitch.

I did get the feeling that he's prepared to make some more changes ahead of the Cardiff game, which I do support. Sounds like some players have cost themselves a starting position this weekend.

Have a feeling he'll get it right against Cardiff like. We can all see the first half performance against Everton wasn't good enough. 

Don't think most on here would agree with him making so many changes to the team that beat Villa. Not only personal but positional as well.

I think we'll win at Cardiff too. I think he won't be scared of them and will select a side to play to our strengths with the right players in their best positions. I just wish he'd do this every game though. Ok we may get beat but at least get beat having a go.

Very much agreed.

I still dont think the 2nd half was that good.

Bare minimum as someone else said.  If everton had of needed or wanted more they could have battered us.

They allowed us a foot hold in the game.  Our goals have glossed over an awful result.

I cant see us getting anything at cardiff.  Theyll be rocking after their result this weekend.

Guest neesy111

Don't think most on here would agree with him making so many changes to the team that beat Villa. Not only personal but positional as well.

He tried to be tactically clever, when-ever Pardew has done this it's got egg all over him.

Its not just the first half against everton.  Its the majority of last season, especially the run in. It was mancity away this season, west ham at home, 70 minutes against fulham. Shipping 3 awful goals against hull.  its a mess!

Weve had one good game at villa.  And thats the only stand out game i can think of in a long time.

The 2nd half performance was decent but I feel some people are over exaggerating how good it was purely because it was so much better than that 1st half. Facts are, even a half decent manager would be getting far more out of that team than what Pardew is. 6 games played including games v West Ham, Fulham, Villa and Hull and only 7 points to show for it. Can't see anything other than another relegation struggle in all honesty unless we get a decent manager but of course that will never happen as long as Ashley is here.

Its not just the first half against everton.  Its the majority of last season, especially the run in. It was mancity away this season, west ham at home, 70 minutes against fulham. Shipping 3 awful goals against hull.  its a mess!

Weve had one good game at villa.  And thats the only stand out game i can think of in a long time.

man city - total capitulation

west ham - non-performance, can't break down away team

fulham - they barely showed up, struggle to break them down and score a late winner to hide the poor performance

villa - gave us the run of the park and we beat them, however they arguably missed more and better chances than us in the game despite being shite and having the worst home record in the league

hull - get taken apart on the counter, no answers to tactical changes made by bruce

everton - change setup to suit everton, murdered, score a couple of goals when the other team has switched off to make it look better than it is

this is a pattern that repeats itself - even the season we finished 5th it was the same, we were just tighter at the back and ba/cisse were belting in goals on their own....all of this was the same last season as we well know

i think it's time that everyone accepted things are not going to change with pardew like

Guest bimpy474

The only real difference in the two halfs for me was, we pressed them and put them under pressure in the 2nd half. They were still the better side throughout imo.

I don't know why this stuff is even being discussed. We all know Pardew tactically is extremely limited and sets the side up in a way that seemingly doesn't suit the majority of the players we have. We all would prefer a more talented manager to help fulfil the potential of the squad - biggest issues are the fact that there's a strong chance of Kinnear taking over (at least for a short time) and we have Ashley to choose the proper replacement (oh Tony Pulis is unemployed...how lovely...)

I have no faith in the powers that be appointing someone better than Pardew. Which given the choice, seems almost impossible.

Guest firetotheworks

Cabaye's goal isn't even worth talking about in terms of us moving forward as a team or a football club. It was a good strike, but it's the sort of individual goal that shouldn't be relied upon, but is by Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

man city - total capitulation

west ham - non-performance, can't break down away team

fulham - they barely showed up, struggle to break them down and score a late winner to hide the poor performance

villa - gave us the run of the park and we beat them, however they arguably missed more and better chances than us in the game despite being shite and having the worst home record in the league

hull - get taken apart on the counter, no answers to tactical changes made by bruce

everton - change setup to suit everton, murdered, score a couple of goals when the other team has switched off to make it look better than it is

this is a pattern that repeats itself - even the season we finished 5th it was the same, we were just tighter at the back and ba/cisse were belting in goals on their own....all of this was the same last season as we well know

i think it's time that everyone accepted things are not going to change with pardew like

I cant quote bits of a post from work but your last sentence. If anyone thinks different they must be mad to be honest.

30 (Fulham)

45 (Hull)

90 (Villa)

45 (Everton)

210 minutes of acceptable football in 560 minutes of the PL season thus far. Mint.

It is the aspect of his tenure that is most confounding. How often do we show flashes of improving, utilising the abilities of the players, and playing good football only to see this last for one match or even less than one match?