Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

That and the likes of Sissoko who looked a beast the first few weeks he was here, now looking more like a f***ing chicken. Pardew's negative ways effecting their game and with it our game.

You seriously blaming Pardew for his lack of form due to Pardew's negative way? Sissoko did well to look a 'beast' in the first place in an unfamiliar position and a new league to contend with. Pardew's answer to his demise was to play him right wing against Liverpool, that was his clueless part. Pardew should at least take some of the praise for having the sense to play him in an advanced role which massively helped us gain wins against Villa and Chelsea. Unfortunately this form then wasn't sustained as clubs became a lot more familiar with him and he wasn't the surprise package anymore so obviously other managers would pick up on his glaring attacking weaknesses, Pardew just didn't have the sense to look and change this. Either a)drop him or b) play him in his preferred position.

Pardew didn't have him playing as a number 10, he had him in CM, Sissoko only ended up in that kind of role/position because the game was becoming stretched and he was released from his shackles and getting more space and freedom to run forwards and get at the opposition. First half against Chelsea stuck in CM he was running into traffic constantly. Only Pardew would claim he turned Sissoko into a number 10 or rather that he deserves the credit for it. :lol:

Nonsense. Sissoko has played behind Cisse for the majority of games since he arrived. Cabaye/Tiote/Anita/Perch, have mainly all been behind him. Sissoko has then reverted deeper in a few games once we've already been rolled over in the latter stages.

Has he f***, he's either been in CM or out wide. In fact he's pretty much never had a cemented position for the 90 since joining because the manager is clueless as to how best utilise him. Often he finds himself simply playing where he wants, without direction or effectiveness.

I'm not sure if it was you or Bimpy that was throwing around the 'you simply don't watch the games properly' accusations. But, if you haven't noticed that he has persistently been playing as near enough a second striker, then your head needs a shake. I don't know how this can be disputed, to be honest. I think he played right wing against Liverpool, and perhaps one game further back, but that's it.

Against Chelsea he started out in CM, ended up further forward and then out wide. Basically that's how I've seen him play since he arrived, in no real set position.

Almost like a number 10?

managers such as Pochettino and Laudrup would not be on considerable higher wages than Pardew, if anything they could be on even lower.  But then again they are still very much unproven in the prem. 

Laudrup has done just as bad at Getafe and Mallorca as Pardew has done here.

Difference being the style of football and the prospects for Laudrup which look far more promising than Pardew's whose track record is literally league one/championship stuff at best.

Were you not around last season, or did we overachieve despite Pardew rather than (partly) because of him?

disagree , he did much better given the circumstances.

Laudrup is allowed "circumstances"?

He took a team that had finished 5th and finished one place shy of relegation.  He left and they finished 8th the next season.

true problem with pardew is not really the style of football,  people are getting carried away with all this negative long ball stuff, yes it is symptoms of his mismanagement, that is fair.  I hate watching it as well.

but real issue here is.....

the man has 'no ability' in his role. 

Wiki

His team, which was not one of the established forces in Spanish football
Not at all like NUFC.

Getafe, built with a spine of young Real Madrid loanee players

:cheesy:

So the situations are not remotely comparable...

So let's compare anyway: both got to the UFEA cup quarter finals and both finished not far from relegation.

enjoyable to watch with a neat, patient and incisive approach, packing a pacey punch in wide areas and attack.

I think Laudrup wins this one without the blink of an eye.

managers such as Pochettino and Laudrup would not be on considerable higher wages than Pardew, if anything they could be on even lower.  But then again they are still very much unproven in the prem. 

At Getafe he reached the final of the Lana Del Rey and the quarter finals of the Waffa (same as Pardew). Just keeping Majorca up who were skint and lost half their squad is also far more respectable than just keeping Newcastle up.

He's also won things in Denmark and has just won the League Cup in his first season in English football, which eclipses anything Pardew has ever done.

Guest Howaythetoon

That and the likes of Sissoko who looked a beast the first few weeks he was here, now looking more like a f***ing chicken. Pardew's negative ways effecting their game and with it our game.

You seriously blaming Pardew for his lack of form due to Pardew's negative way? Sissoko did well to look a 'beast' in the first place in an unfamiliar position and a new league to contend with. Pardew's answer to his demise was to play him right wing against Liverpool, that was his clueless part. Pardew should at least take some of the praise for having the sense to play him in an advanced role which massively helped us gain wins against Villa and Chelsea. Unfortunately this form then wasn't sustained as clubs became a lot more familiar with him and he wasn't the surprise package anymore so obviously other managers would pick up on his glaring attacking weaknesses, Pardew just didn't have the sense to look and change this. Either a)drop him or b) play him in his preferred position.

Pardew didn't have him playing as a number 10, he had him in CM, Sissoko only ended up in that kind of role/position because the game was becoming stretched and he was released from his shackles and getting more space and freedom to run forwards and get at the opposition. First half against Chelsea stuck in CM he was running into traffic constantly. Only Pardew would claim he turned Sissoko into a number 10 or rather that he deserves the credit for it. :lol:

Nonsense. Sissoko has played behind Cisse for the majority of games since he arrived. Cabaye/Tiote/Anita/Perch, have mainly all been behind him. Sissoko has then reverted deeper in a few games once we've already been rolled over in the latter stages.

Has he f***, he's either been in CM or out wide. In fact he's pretty much never had a cemented position for the 90 since joining because the manager is clueless as to how best utilise him. Often he finds himself simply playing where he wants, without direction or effectiveness.

I'm not sure if it was you or Bimpy that was throwing around the 'you simply don't watch the games properly' accusations. But, if you haven't noticed that he has persistently been playing as near enough a second striker, then your head needs a shake. I don't know how this can be disputed, to be honest. I think he played right wing against Liverpool, and perhaps one game further back, but that's it.

Against Chelsea he started out in CM, ended up further forward and then out wide. Basically that's how I've seen him play since he arrived, in no real set position.

Almost like a number 10?

Not by my definition of a number 10 no. But even if that is indeed the position he has been playing at, it hasn't happened because of some kind of foresight by the manager or some kind of intention. Like I keep repeating he ends up all over the place because the manager doesn't have a clue how to best use him, someone who has just thrown him in there in the hope he'll keep doing what he did against Chelsea. As a result he's looked like a big lump just running around not knowing what position to stick/go with and what decisions to make when on the ball. Its actually been quite sad to watch. A bit like Cisse on the wing or Shola up front...

Guest icemanblue

Almost like a number 10?

Not by my definition of a number 10 no. But even if that is indeed the position he has been playing at, it hasn't happened because of some kind of foresight by the manager or some kind of intention. Like I keep repeating he ends up all over the place because the manager doesn't have a clue how to best use him, someone who has just thrown him in there in the hope he'll keep doing what he did against Chelsea. As a result he's looked like a big lump just running around not knowing what position to stick/go with and what decisions to make when on the ball. Its actually been quite sad to watch. A bit like Cisse on the wing or Shola up front...

Played there against Villa, in his first game, too.

Wiki

Not at all like NUFC.

Newly promoted NUFC...with Danny Simpson  and Danny Guthrie....."The Force!!"

;)

Getafe had never once finished as low as they did under Laudrup in any season since they had been promoted.

disagree , he did much better given the circumstances.

Laudrup is allowed "circumstances"?

He took a team that had finished 5th and finished one place shy of relegation.  He left and they finished 8th the next season.

yes circumstance, since when did pardew had to deal with a mass exodus of players this season, financial ruins and thrown out of competitions?

pardew was allowed 20 mil of decent crop of players all in one window.

Wiki

Not at all like NUFC.

;)

Getafe had never once finished as low as they did under Laudrup in any season since they had been promoted.

You can probably say the same thing about NUFC when this season closes :lol:

Guest chicken little

I'm surprised Ashley hasn't got wind turbines on the top of the Milburn/Leazes.

good idea, that. renewable, and would save on the lecky.

Guest Howaythetoon

Difference being the style of football and the prospects for Laudrup which look far more promising than Pardew's whose track record is literally league one/championship stuff at best.

Were you not around last season, or did we overachieve despite Pardew rather than (partly) because of him?

A season that can be classed as the exception to the rule.

Everything was perfect last season. Those that usually challenge for the top 6 spots such as Villa, Everton etc. were average. We had a great start to the season, suffered few injuries, there was no real expectations and we also had for the first and second half of the season, two of the league's most prolific goalscorers.

But even then our football was often poor as people like me were criticised time and time again for daring to bring up.

Wiki

Not at all like NUFC.

;)

Newly promoted aye but with a Premiership squad, always in the premier league. The championship season was a blip as you well know and we very much remained a premier league club.

Guest Howaythetoon

Almost like a number 10?

Played there against Villa, in his first game, too.

And?

At Getafe he reached the final of the Lana Del Rey and the quarter finals of the Waffa (same as Pardew). Just keeping Majorca up who were skint and lost half their squad is also far more respectable than just keeping Newcastle up.

He's also won things in Denmark and has just won the League Cup in his first season in English football, which eclipses anything Pardew has ever done.

Laudrup's never stayed in a job long enough for the honeymoon to end.

Swansea have less points now than they earned under Rodgers.

In the last 13 games the only teams he has beaten have been QPR, Wigan......and us.

FWIW I don't think Pardew is a bad manager, I just don't think he's a good one and our squad have outgrown him, I also think there will be far less risk and far greater reward if he is sacked. Pretty much my opinions in a nutshell and I doubt any amount of mad graphs will sway them.

FWIW I don't think Pardew is a bad manager, I just don't think he's a good one and our squad have outgrown him, I also think there will be far less risk and far greater reward if he is sacked. Pretty much my opinions in a nutshell and I doubt any amount of mad graphs will sway them.

you're wrong mate, he is an atrocious manager and coach.

In the last 13 games the only teams he has beaten have been QPR, Wigan......and us.

Not relevant as you well know. Swansea have been on holiday since winning a cup and qualifying for Europe ( the biggest achievements in their entire history. )

You will try to twist anything by presenting stats and data without context , are you a politician man? :lol:

Laudrup's never stayed in a job long enough for the honeymoon to end.

So basically "stability" only counts when it suites the argument.

They have a game in hand in which they can surpass that single point advantage, they will also finish at least 2 places better off and have won silverware.

What about the games before that?

By an absolute distance the worst argument you've made yet.

Guest Roger Kint

that poll needs to be taken down it makes it look like 65 percent of people here want him to be here lol

Only if you cant read :lol:

that poll needs to be taken down it makes it look like 65 percent of people here want him to be here lol

No it doesn't, not even close. I would say Yes to the poll as it is currently formulated, but would happily see him replaced. Surely you can see what we think will happen and what we want to happen are two different things?

Edit: forget to add "lol"

you're wrong mate, he is an atrocious manager and coach.

I'm staying away from hyperbole tbh.