Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Roger Kint

that poll needs to be taken down it makes it look like 65 percent of people here want him to be here lol

Only if you cant read :lol:

i know but i dont want anyone to get the wrong impression.  especially if dekka and ashley pops in.

Theres no danger of getting the wrong impression though

that poll needs to be taken down it makes it look like 65 percent of people here want him to be here lol

No it doesn't, not even close. I would say Yes to the poll as it is currently formulated, but would happily see him replaced. Surely you can see what we think will happen and what we want to happen are two different things?

Edit: forget to add "lol"

thanks sherlock lol

disagree , he did much better given the circumstances.

Laudrup is allowed "circumstances"?

He took a team that had finished 5th and finished one place shy of relegation.  He left and they finished 8th the next season.

yes circumstance, since when did pardew had to deal with a mass exodus of players this season, financial ruins and thrown out of competitions?

pardew was allowed 20 mil of decent crop of players all in one window.

Pardew has been missing 6 or 7 players for just about the entire season. At least half of them key.

No it doesn't, not even close. I would say Yes to the poll as it is currently formulated, but would happily see him replaced. Surely you can see what we think will happen and what we want to happen are two different things?

Edit: forget to add "lol"

thanks sherlock lol

You're welcome lol

Guest Howaythetoon

FWIW I don't think Pardew is a bad manager, I just don't think he's a good one and our squad have outgrown him, I also think there will be far less risk and far greater reward if he is sacked. Pretty much my opinions in a nutshell and I doubt any amount of mad graphs will sway them.

I think at this level, he's a very poor manager, easily the worst in the division.

Had we not rescued him from nowhere he'd probably be stuck in league two somewhere jumping from one club to another at that level before ending up as a pundit on Irish TV or something.

But here he is managing Newcastle United, and badly.

He took a team that had finished 5th and finished one place shy of relegation.  He left and they finished 8th the next season.

yes circumstance, since when did pardew had to deal with a mass exodus of players this season, financial ruins and thrown out of competitions?

Pardew has been missing 6 or 7 players for just about the entire season. At least half of them key.

amazing stats these are.  no hope for you.

and i thought Pardew's saleman talk never worked.

Guest Howaythetoon

Every club suffers injuries. I'm sure we are not the only side to have had some key players missing for lots of games.

He has still been able to field a better 11 than most.

Laudrup's never stayed in a job long enough for the honeymoon to end.

So basically "stability" only counts when it suites the argument.

Do an advanced search to see when I've ever mentioned stability.

Straw man?

:lol: :thup:

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anyone could possibly have for keeping Pardew.

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, that there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

The stability argument hasn't come from any of the posters on here, it's come from that very same one person who indeed has the final say on the matter.

FWIW I don't think Pardew is a bad manager, I just don't think he's a good one and our squad have outgrown him, I also think there will be far less risk and far greater reward if he is sacked. Pretty much my opinions in a nutshell and I doubt any amount of mad graphs will sway them.

I think at this level, he's a very poor manager, easily the worst in the division.

Had we not rescued him from nowhere he'd probably be stuck in league two somewhere jumping from one club to another at that level before ending up as a pundit on Irish TV or something.

I think he's shown in the past that he's certainly capable at this level, whether or not he's the worst in the league is debatable, but I would certainly stick him in the bottom bracket.

He's certainly below Allardyce, which is fucking horrific.

Do an advanced search to see when I've ever mentioned stability.

Straw man?

what going on with you happy face? are you one of those that want to see Pardew given another season? 

Every club suffers injuries. I'm sure we are not the only side to have had some key players missing for lots of games.

We've had it worse than most.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130116000648*/http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Guest Howaythetoon

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, taht there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

The stability argument hasn't come from any of the posters on here, it's come from that very same one person who indeed has the final say on the matter.

I fucking hate the stability thing.

Stability should only mean anything if that stability brings change in a positive way.

Man Utd stuck with Fergie because he won them trophies.

Everton stuck with Moyes because he helped change their fortunes.

Arsenal have stuck with Wenger because he has won trophies and delivers key goals namely CL footy and good football every season.

Should we have stuck with Big Sam for the sake of stability? Or how about Souness?

http://web.archive.org/web/20130116000648*/http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

you are very much in strong favour of Pardew getting another season just as much as others want him sacked.

any specific reason why you share these views. im curious.  injuries and last season 5th finish?

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't really care anyway, for me injuries are always a poor excuse. We reached the UEFA Cup Semis and finished 5th under Sir Bobby with a horendous injury record that season.

Anyway, for me its more about our performances under Pardew than results which are a fickle thing at best. His side whatever the selection has time and time again failed to deliver a good enough performance, home or away, to the point that saw us just narrowly avoiding relegation.

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, taht there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

I f***ing hate the stability thing.

Stability should only mean anything if that stability brings change in a positive way.

Man Utd stuck with Fergie because he won them trophies.

Everton stuck with Moyes because he helped change their fortunes.

Arsenal have stuck with Wenger because he has won trophies and delivers key goals namely CL footy and good football every season.

Should we have stuck with Big Sam for the sake of stability? Or how about Souness?

Not sure if you've even read my post, but I agree wholehartedly with your point of view. I think everybody on here does, which was my point to begin with.. :lol:

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, that there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

It has came from posters on here though.

If you're not a believer in stability (I am) then I see little reason why we shouldn't get rid now and try some fresh ideas, if it doesn't work then it doesn't matter, we can just give them the chop and bring in another man.

Try not to respond through the eyes of Mike Ashley, or at least what you perceive his thoughts to be, it's incredibly irritating and ultimately irrelevant to the debate of whether or not Pardew is good enough for our squad.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he's shown in the past that he's certainly capable at this level, whether or not he's the worst in the league is debatable, but I would certainly stick him in the bottom bracket.

He's certainly below Allardyce, which is f***ing horrific.

I'll have to agree to disagree personally.

Let's take a look at the starting lineups for the first ten league games of the season.

Spurs

Krul

Simpson

Perch

S.Taylor

Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Chelsea

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Ba

Aston Villa

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Everton

Harper

Perch

Williamson

S.Taylor

Santon

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Norwich

Harper

Perch

Williamson

Steven Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Anita

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Cisse

Ba

Reading

Harper

Perch

Williamson

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Bigirimana

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Man U

Harper

Santon

Williamson

Perch

Ferguson

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Tiote

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

mackems

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Coloccini

Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Sh.Ameobi

West Brom

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Coloccini

Santon

Ben Arfa

Perch

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Sh.Ameobi

Ba

Liverpool

Krul

Anita

Santon

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Cabaye

Perch

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Missing 6 or 7 players for just about the entire season, is a lie.