Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Howaythetoon

Laudrup's never stayed in a job long enough for the honeymoon to end.

So basically "stability" only counts when it suites the argument.

:lol: :thup:

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anyone could possibly have for keeping Pardew.

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, taht there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

The stability argument hasn't come from any of the posters on here, it's come from that very same one person who indeed has the final say on the matter.

I f***ing hate the stability thing.

Stability should only mean anything if that stability brings change in a positive way.

Man Utd stuck with Fergie because he won them trophies.

Everton stuck with Moyes because he helped change their fortunes.

Arsenal have stuck with Wenger because he has won trophies and delivers key goals namely CL footy and good football every season.

Should we have stuck with Big Sam for the sake of stability? Or how about Souness?

Not sure if you've even read my post, but I agree wholehartedly with your point of view. I think everybody on here does, which was my point to begin with.. :lol:

Ah right, soz :lol:

Stability/success is like the chicken and egg thing, what come first?!

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, that there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

The stability argument hasn't come from any of the posters on here, it's come from that very same one person who indeed has the final say on the matter.

It has came from posters on here though.

If you're not a believer in stability (I am) then I see little reason why we shouldn't get rid now and try some fresh ideas, if it doesn't work then it doesn't matter, we can just give them the chop and bring in another man.

Try not to respond through the eyes of Mike Ashley, or at least what you perceive his thoughts to be, it's incredibly irritating and ultimately irrelevant to the debate of whether or not Pardew is good enough for our squad.

Which posters have argued Pardew should remain our manager for the sake of stability out of interest?

Guest Howaythetoon

Which argument is this?

The only sane argument that anybody could possibly have for keeping Pardew if they had anything to say about the matter (i.e. if they were Mike Ashley) would be that he has overachieved last season, underachieved this, that there are mitigating circumstances to a certain extent and that he perhaps should be given more time to see what he can do next season.

If you're not a believer in stability (I am) then I see little reason why we shouldn't get rid now and try some fresh ideas, if it doesn't work then it doesn't matter, we can just give them the chop and bring in another man.

Try not to respond through the eyes of Mike Ashley, or at least what you perceive his thoughts to be, it's incredibly irritating and ultimately irrelevant to the debate of whether or not Pardew is good enough for our squad.

Which posters have argued Pardew should remain our manager for the sake of stability out of interest?

IAN W

That could actually be a lie, but it wouldn't surprise me ;)

disagree , he did much better given the circumstances.

Laudrup is allowed "circumstances"?

He took a team that had finished 5th and finished one place shy of relegation.  He left and they finished 8th the next season.

yes circumstance, since when did pardew had to deal with a mass exodus of players this season, financial ruins and thrown out of competitions?

pardew was allowed 20 mil of decent crop of players all in one window.

Pardew has been missing 6 or 7 players for just about the entire season. At least half of them key.

Let's take a look at the starting lineups for the first ten league games of the season.

Spurs

Krul

Simpson

Perch

S.Taylor

Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Chelsea

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Ba

Aston Villa

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Everton

Harper

Perch

Williamson

S.Taylor

Santon

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Norwich

Harper

Perch

Williamson

Steven Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Anita

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Cisse

Ba

Reading

Harper

Perch

Williamson

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Bigirimana

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Man U

Harper

Santon

Williamson

Perch

Ferguson

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Tiote

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

mackems

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Coloccini

Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Sh.Ameobi

West Brom

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Coloccini

Santon

Ben Arfa

Perch

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Sh.Ameobi

Ba

Liverpool

Krul

Anita

Santon

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Cabaye

Perch

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Missing 6 or 7 players for just about the entire season, is a lie.

like i said Pardew's salesman talk.  clearly some has brought it.

Guest Howaythetoon

disagree , he did much better given the circumstances.

Laudrup is allowed "circumstances"?

He took a team that had finished 5th and finished one place shy of relegation.  He left and they finished 8th the next season.

yes circumstance, since when did pardew had to deal with a mass exodus of players this season, financial ruins and thrown out of competitions?

pardew was allowed 20 mil of decent crop of players all in one window.

Pardew has been missing 6 or 7 players for just about the entire season. At least half of them key.

Let's take a look at the starting lineups for the first ten league games of the season.

Spurs

Krul

Simpson

Perch

S.Taylor

Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Chelsea

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Ba

Aston Villa

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Everton

Harper

Perch

Williamson

S.Taylor

Santon

Cabaye

Anita

Gutierrez

Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Norwich

Harper

Perch

Williamson

Steven Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Anita

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Cisse

Ba

Reading

Harper

Perch

Williamson

S.Taylor

Santon

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Bigirimana

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

Man U

Harper

Santon

Williamson

Perch

Ferguson

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Tiote

Gutierrez

Ba

Cisse

mackems

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Coloccini

Santon

Tiote

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Sh.Ameobi

West Brom

Krul

Simpson

Williamson

Coloccini

Santon

Ben Arfa

Perch

Cabaye

Gutierrez

Sh.Ameobi

Ba

Liverpool

Krul

Anita

Santon

Coloccini

S.Taylor

Cabaye

Perch

Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Missing 6 or 7 players for just about the entire season, is a lie.

Doesn't count unless its in some kind of graph/chart...

Which argument is this?

IAN W

That could actually be a lie, but it wouldn't surprise me ;)

i think only happy face wants him to stay based on stats that showed we taken a lot of shots around the box

Which argument is this?

Aye I was wrong to laugh- HF hasn't used that argument oh here tbf. Plenty of others have though. Its become hard to attribute the correct opinion to each poster considering the clusterfuck this thread has been :lol:

you are very much in strong favour of Pardew getting another season just as much as others want him sacked.

any specific reason why you share these views. im curious.  injuries and last season 5th finish?

Pardew is a prick.  I've never liked him.  It was a sad day for me when he was appointed.

We replaced one average manager with another average manager, but at least the last one was likeable. 

People are getting very worked up over ousting the bloke...so we can get another middle of the road jouneyman in to peddle mediocrity.

What's the point in that?

Which argument is this?

Aye I was wrong to laugh- HF hasn't used that argument oh here tbf. Plenty of others have though. Its become hard to attribute the correct opinion to each poster considering the clusterfuck this thread has been :lol:

Nobody has ever used that argument, literally nobody..

Which argument is this?

I honestly cannot be arsed to look back and check usernames and any educated guesses would be unfair, but considering the debate was all about stability a week or so ago I know a few were spouting it.

Again though if stability isn't part of the argument for keeping him in charge then that's another pretty massive reason why he shouldn't be.

you are very much in strong favour of Pardew getting another season just as much as others want him sacked.

any specific reason why you share these views. im curious.  injuries and last season 5th finish?

Pardew is a prick.  I've never liked him.  It was a sad day for me when he was appointed.

We replaced one average manager with another average manager, but at least the last one was likeable. 

People are getting very worked up over ousting the bloke...so we can get another middle of the road jouneyman in to peddle mediocrity.

We might not get relegated next season?

We might be able to watch our team attack their opponents?

We might be able to go to the match with a bit of hope that we'll provide some entertainment?

you point is you want him to stay solely based on the assumption if sacked Ashley will replace him with another journeyman? 

i know people hate ashley but we are clearly selling him short, short history has already shown he does learn from mistakes.  not all of them but he is getting better. 

September 19th

7 players out including Cisse, Krul, Coloccini and Tiote

December 13th

7 players out including Ben Arfa, Cabaye and both Taylors

January 16th

6 Player out including Simpson, Ben Arfa and STaylor

March 6th

6 Players out including Coloccini, Krul and Ben Arfa

April 24th

8 Players out including Tiote, Krul, Coloccini, Santon

you point is you want him to stay solely based on the assumption if sacked Ashley will replace him with another journeyman? 

He doesn't "want him to stay" FFS...

Which argument is this?

What? :lol:

The amount of times I've read "I'm willing to forgive X,Y and Z for the sake of stability..." If I had a quarter for every time ...

September 19th

7 players out including Cisse, Krul, Coloccini and Tiote

December 13th

7 players out including Ben Arfa, Cabaye and both Taylors

January 16th

6 Player out including Simpson, Ben Arfa and STaylor

March 6th

6 Players out including Coloccini, Krul and Ben Arfa

April 24th

8 Players out including Tiote, Krul, Coloccini, Santon

5 games?

:lol:

Pack it in man. We've had injuries, we've had weeks when everyone's been fit and weeks when a few have been out. We've been shit almost every week.

Which argument is this?

I honestly cannot be arsed to look back and check usernames and any educated guesses would be unfair, but considering the debate was all about stability a week or so ago I know a few were spouting it.

Again though if stability isn't part of the argument for keeping him in charge then that's another pretty massive reason why he shouldn't be.

You've just made an argument up and claimed it was being used by posters on here, and you can't be arsed to prove it, because you know you can't. Nobody has claimed they want him to remain our manager, let alone for stability reasons.

based on that i assume he prefer him to stay, unless you speak for HF or you are the same person.

Which argument is this?

What? :lol:

The amount of times I've read "I'm willing to forgive X,Y and Z for the sake of stability..." If I had a quarter for every time ...

POIDH

based on that i assume he prefer him to stay, unless you speak for HF or you are the same person.

What? Just because you don't understand what he's saying and I do.. :lol: