Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

He loves it :lol:

God he's a depressing t***. The fact he names them is ludicrous

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

Literally all he has to say.  We don't want to sell anyone. Easy as that.

The blokes a f***ing moron

He's not a moron, he's doing what he's paid to do. I'm sure it's all in his job description.

Even if it's not, what's he going to do? Say "f*** you Mike I'll tell it like it is, and you can shove your job up your arse"?

He was a jobless t*** when we hired him and he'll be a jobless t*** when he leaves. Not really any surprise he'll toe the line all things considered.

He'll get a job soon enough if he leaves us. Maybe a lower tier Prem side or upper Championship. He will have way more experience and success on his cv than most of the other possibles who will be in the market. 

Your choice of future job options for Pards says it all really. That's about how highly he's rated in the real world. Is it any surprise he'll support his bosses position when push comes to shove? This is the best job he's ever going to get.

I think all we can do is hope (or at least I do) that he does what David Moyes did at Everton and recovers from a very poor second full season. The Moyes comparison has been discussed on here before but if Everton had sacked Moyes in 2004, and they must have considered it given the apparent turmoil at the club at that time, his cv would have been less impressive than Pardew's is now. 

Completely wrong like, Moyes had been manager at Preston kept them up, then got them promoted. Then he got the Everton job.

Pardew, Reading did ok, West Ham did ok then crap, sacked. Charlton exact same, Southampton did ok, sacked for being unpopular with the chairman. Newcastle did well, now doing crap.

Moyes's cv wasn't less impressive imo.

Pardew has more Premiership experience than Moyes had at that time, he also took West Ham to an FA Cup Final (was within a few seconds of winning it) and us to the last 8 of the Europa League.

Alex McLeish won a cup but he's still an awful manager, cups are slightly random with home draws etc. Bread and butter league games sort out the best over a period of time, Pardew has proven to be poor over time. Moyes hasn't.

Guest bimpy474

My last hope for this season is sucked out of my body like a hoary old vampire draining the blood of a young virgin.

Good way to put it, it does feel like the life is being sucked out of us.

West Ham

Morecambe

Fulham

Villa

Hull

Everton

Cardiff

7 games for Pardew to be judged on.  Could be gone by Halloween if it goes badly, and would have NO excuses about the quality of opposition.

W1 D1 L0

We've played 3 games this season not 2.  He should be judged on every game and everything he does.

He is.

Not by Happy Face.

I judge him harshly for the man city game, but with the most positive outlook it wouldn't be one we could expect to take anything from.

He'll be sacked for not winning games he should. Not for losing to teams constructed on £1bn of spending.

ARS

He is.

Not by Happy Face.

I judge him harshly for the man city game, but with the most positive outlook it wouldn't be one we could expect to take anything from.

He'll be sacked for not winning games he should. Not for losing to teams constructed on £1bn of spending.

ARS

You watching the Hull/Man City game?

Guest bimpy474

He is.

Not by Happy Face.

ARS

Or watched the Cardiff/Man City game.

He is.

Not by Happy Face.

ARS

Or watched the Cardiff/Man City game.

NOt allowed to compete with top 4 teams. Dats da ROOLZ

He is.

Not by Happy Face.

ARS

Were Cardiff expected to get anything off Man City?

Guest bimpy474

I dunno how Pardew gets away with the "we cant compete line", transfers yes but in regards to the actual game, you can still compete and give it a go. Amazing how fans swallow it.

I dunno how Pardew gets away with the "we cant compete line", transfers yes but in regards to the actual game, you can still compete and give it a go. Amazing how fans swallow it.

I was massively pissed off against Man City because we didn't compete, the result didn't matter, rolling over did.

Guest bimpy474

I was massively pissed off against Man City because we didn't compete, the result didn't matter, rolling over did.

Yep and that's what i don't get with people saying, ah well it was Man City and they've spent such amounts. So what, at least we can show some fight and as Cardiff and Hull are showing some decent football to go with it.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/178925018-newcastle-united-manager-alan-pardew-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QfaWbo0u8r5ZjQTAhqA6B2PyQoSiuZjV%2B9PkoT4ZMuQja%2Big8kJfjmovLEQtPu7n5Q%3D%3D