Alan Pardew

Mike

I just want to point out one thing: Pardew has excellent man management skills.  Probably the best since SBR.  It is not an easy job to bring colo and cabaye back to the team and perform as usual. It isn't. Throughout his time here he has protected the players extremely well, and the one he criticize most is ben arfa who is playing his best football. 

I honestly dont think there is lots of manager better than him in this area. 

In 2013 in the PL Pardew's record last season was:

6W 2D 9L

20p from a possible 54p.

Wouldn't necessarily call this an upward trajectory. We've also been shameful for two games this season while playing well two games. Like I said inconsistent results.

Pardew's made loads of mistakes.

He's come out in post match interviews and held his hands up to say he can't blame the players because he got stuff wrong.

I'm not defending those mistakes.  I'm giving him credit when  he gets it right.  The very least he deserves.

What?

I just want to point out one thing: Pardew has excellent man management skills.  Probably the best since SBR.  It is not an easy job to bring colo and cabaye back to the team and perform as usual. It isn't. Throughout his time here he has protected the players extremely well, and the one he criticize most is ben arfa who is playing his best football. 

I honestly dont think there is lots of manager better than him in this area.

:lol:

So you put Ben Arfa's talent down to Pardew criticizing him? Cabaye has played two game since he almost left (well 110minutes or so) and hasn't exactly been great.  Not denying he might be the best after SBR, but we've had a load of shit here since SBR.

6W 2D 9L

20p from a possible 54p.  (1.11 PPG)

Wouldn't necessarily call this an upward trajectory. We've also been shameful for two games this season while playing well two games. Like I said inconsistent results.

Prior to that we had won 7 points from 39 (0.53 PPG)

It's the very definition of an upward trajectory.

Pardew's made loads of mistakes.

He's come out in post match interviews and held his hands up to say he can't blame the players because he got stuff wrong.

I'm not defending those mistakes.  I'm giving him credit when  he gets it right.  The very least he deserves.

What?

He interprets stuff differently from 99% of this forum as well.

6W 2D 9L

20p from a possible 54p.  (1.11 PPG)

Prior to that we had won 7 points from 39 (0.53 PPG)

It's the very definition of an upward trajectory.

You can't count like that. The 17 matches prior to that we'd scraped 16p. So yeah, while your right in the upward trajectory, if we keep at this pace we will be a top 10 team in 55 years.

Felipao,  do you know Ben arfa was simply "unmanageable " before joining Newcastle?  He is the most talented one out of benzema, Menez and nasri, yet he cost the least. It is definitely not coincidence

Guest firetotheworks

Would I be right in saying that the Pardew fans have come out of the woodwork since Saturday, or have I just not noticed them during the past few months of comprehensive disdain for the bloke?

Guest icemanblue

Think we need to tone down the Pardew praise for a while lads.

I've said it already, but lads like Brett, who've taken a bit of a battering, are dying to throw things back in people's faces. Now is not the right time to even be attempting that. It's very early days.

"All he has to do is pick the team" is just a throw away term used when a manager's success is what it is primarily because of the players at his disposal, it obviously isn't a suggestion that that is, in a literal sense, all he has to do. You have to assume that he has at least the basic abilities, roles and responsibilities of a football manager.

Is 'throw away term' synonymous with 'utter bollocks'?

I'm not getting carried away with the villa performance. Pardew still has a shitload of graft to do to make up for last seasons shambles, but some of the tripe that continues to be spouted in order to criticise him is ridiculous. More embarrassing than the tripe Pardew himself comes out with. Tripe.

Guest bimpy474

Anything other than fuck all points is an upward trajectory. Some right bollocks going on here.

We have played well for two games, very well in the last. Opposition : Wham, Fulham and Villa, sorry if that isn't a turning the corner moment. It simply isn't, yet. Lets see how we get on when we play Everton, Liverpool and the Spuds when those games come. Think we'll do ok if we stick how we're playing right now, and even if we come away with losses but playing like we did against Villa, even that would be quite encouraging.

The main thing i'm encouraged about is the decent football, i like good football, it's why i watch it.

Would I be right in saying that the Pardew fans have come out of the woodwork since Saturday, or have I just not noticed them during the past few months of comprehensive disdain for the bloke?

Some have attempted to make unbiased, level-headed posts consistently over the past few months.

Think we need to tone down the Pardew praise for a while lads.

I've said it already, but lads like Brett, who've taken a bit of a battering, are dying to throw things back in people's faces. Now is not the right time to even be attempting that. It's very early days.

Giz a break man, i'm enjoying my moment, might only last a week  :lol:

I've been popping in regular since i said he would deserve the sack by Halloween if he didn't get a good number of points on the board from the 7 or 8 games after Man City.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: The fuck is this, man?! Honest to fucking god.