Alan Pardew

Mike

So that wasn't a 'good team'? Areet, aye, fair enough.

Ba had a stormer for half a season and then literally EVERYTHING Cisse kicked went in. Colo was great and HBA made a big impact when Pardew eventually realised Obertan was making  him look bad.

Good players playing well.

My tripe file gets bigger.

I'm just going to put it out there... if Pardew sees out his 8 years I think we'll see a trophy in that time.

It'll be toward the end of that reign if it is IMO.

Every single "big club" has a manager looking for a trophy too appease the fans at the moment.

Can't see it myself like unless there is a stock mentality change at the club and we're so entrenched in midtable and safe we literally have nothing too lose.

Ba had a stormer for half a season and then literally EVERYTHING Cisse kicked went in. Colo was great and HBA made a big impact when Pardew eventually realised Obertan was making  him look bad.

Mate, you're denying that Pardew created a good team when we finished 5th.

I'm not sure why I bother, but surely any non-dementia sufferer can't argue this?

I'm not sure why I bother, but surely any non-dementia sufferer can't argue this?

We only looked like a good team in a handful of games when we finished 5th. The results masked over what was quite disappointing football in a majority of games.

I'm just going to put it out there... if Pardew sees out his 8 years I think we'll see a trophy in that time.

Every single "big club" has a manager looking for a trophy too appease the fans at the moment.

Can't see it myself like unless there is a stock mentality change at the club and we're so entrenched in midtable and safe we literally have nothing too lose.

I think this is the season that either makes or breaks us. I think either Pardew has another decent season and we go on to build and win something or he has another relegation fight and he gets the boot.

I'm confident that with this current squad we're going to have a good season similar to 11/12 but slightly better. We have a better squad at our disposal and we're starting to see the same stability creeping back into the side after last season's run sapped them of confidence. We're turning a corner and I can see the momentum carrying us to a strong league finish.

During 11/12 Pardew was good at keeping us ticking along. While everyone from the mackems and the media thought it was just a matter of time that we "get found out" and fall to the league position we "should" be in, we never actually dropped below 7th. When we got thumped away at Fulham the squad didn't let their heads dip, they went away to Blackburn and picked up a win. After losing at Anfield we beat Man United. After getting beat by Man City we went and got a point at Old Trafford.

Pardew kept heads up. I'll never understand people who claim he isn't a good man manger. In that season we never had more than 2 losses back-to-back. Towards the end of the season when everyone was expecting us to fade away we went and picked up 6 wins on the trot.

If we have turned a corner (and I believe we have) then I can see silverware down the line.

Carry on, life would be much duller without you.

Don't bother then. It's not like you're argument goes any deeper than declaring everything tripe.

Whey, my argument is that the season we finished 5th Pardew put together a good team. A successful unit. A powerful squadron.

I suppose you disagree anarl? I divin't knaaaaa.

I'd suggest you go watch that season again before saying anything. You are both right to an extent, Pardew built a great team at the beginning but first injury and he couldn't get smack right and without Cisse and Ben Arfa and we could've easily been finishing around 15th or so.

Guest bimpy474

I think this is the season that either makes or breaks us. I think either Pardew has another decent season and we go on to build and win something or he has another relegation fight and he gets the boot.

I'm confident that with this current squad we're going to have a good season similar to 11/12 but slightly better. We have a better squad at our disposal and we're starting to see the same stability creeping back into the side after last season's run sapped them of confidence. We're turning a corner and I can see the momentum carrying us to a strong league finish.

Pardew was good at keeping us ticking along. While everyone from the mackems and the media thought it was just a matter of time that we "get found out" and fall to the league position we "should" be in, we never actually dropped below 7th. When we got thumped away at Fulham the squad didn't let their heads dip, they went away to Blackburn and picked up a win. After losing at Anfield we beat Man United. After getting beat by Man City we went and got a point at Old Trafford.

Pardew kept heads up. I'll never understand people who claim he isn't a good man manger. In that season we never had more than 2 losses back-to-back. Towards the end of the season when everyone was expecting us to fade away we went and picked up 6 wins on the trot.

If we have turned a corner (and I believe we have) then I can see silverware down the line.

Love you to be right but Ashley has no intension to build anything other than a football club that cost him no money and then through the TV money pays him back his loan. Unless Ashley suddenly changes, which isn't going to happen imo. Building anything is going to be hard.

Pardew was good at keeping us ticking along. While everyone from the mackems and the media thought it was just a matter of time that we "get found out" and fall to the league position we "should" be in, we never actually dropped below 7th. When we got thumped away at Fulham the squad didn't let their heads dip, they went away to Blackburn and picked up a win. After losing at Anfield we beat Man United. After getting beat by Man City we went and got a point at Old Trafford.

http://i.imgur.com/15oNJ38.jpg

I'd suggest you go watch that season again before saying anything. You are both right to an extent, Pardew built a great team at the beginning but first injury and he couldn't get smack right and without Cisse and Ben Arfa and we could've easily been finishing around 15th or so.

Without our best players we could have finished lower down, yes. Very true. Very true. This is the case for any side with a thin squad.

If I remember correctly however, our players remained fit for the most part and played extremely well. Overachieved. Could even be described as a good team.

Without our best players we could have finished lower down, yes. Very true. Very true. This is the case for any side with a thin squad.

If I remember correctly however, our players remained fit for the most part and played extremely well. Overachieved. Could even be described as a good team.

If the team was that good then don't you think it would take something of a prick to start changing it?  Oh we've got a good team, let's move Cisse and bring Ba back into the middle and see what happens.

We played abysmal football though for big periods. Anyways not getting into a debate, but I said that season that we didn't deserve 5th and that we could've easily been a lower half team. I was right for the next season. I just hope we have good enough players so Pardew doesn't fuck us over ;)

If the team was that good then don't you think it would take something of a prick to start changing it?  Oh we've got a good team, let's move Cisse and bring Ba back into the middle and see what happens.

I was contesting the ludicrous statement that Pardew has never produced a good team. Last season was obviously a disaster, bar Europe. Lets hope lessons have been learnt.