Alan Pardew

Mike

Saylor needs to come back in for Yanga-Mbiwa.

:sad: :spit:

I'd probably put Taylor back in there with Colo. Mapou's been pretty good, though, so he'd stay in the team too at Debuchy's expense.

My only hesitation would be to break-up the MYM-Colo partnership. But we really don't have much choice, as MYM is probably a better option at RB than Santon or Dummett.

Has he played RB for us?

A handful of times. He wasn't impressive, iirc.

Debuchy nowhere to be seen for the first, Colo nowhere to be seen for the second, HBA inability to defend for the third, individual errors cost us goals but Pardew still needs to take responsibility for the fact we lacked any sort cohesion in our play, how we failed to produce any sort of comeback when behind, he had perfect start, he was leading at half time, yet we still couldn't get 3 points. Players were to blame and Pardew needs to take the responsibility as manager to why these players underperformed on the day. Was painful to watch Ben Arfa on Saturday, just wasn't the same feeling you usually get with him.

That's the point which too many people are unwilling to acknowledge and end up throwing in a bunch of selective stats to diffuse any difficult questions. Pardew is never in control of a game once the opposition manager susses out his very limited game plan. That's what makes him a shit manager.

Why aren't you as p*ssed off as everyone else then? Being in a position where we should want this idiot sacked, and do want him sacked, yet know that the alternative is Joe Kinnear? Why moderate your rage with these stats that essentially show us nothing of any worth? It just seems like you're trying to reassure yourself that things aren't as bad as they seem.

In my view it's people saying things like we regularly lose at home when winning or even that embarrassing home defeats are frequent occurrences or that we haven't beasted anyone, who is trying to reassure themselves that Pardew is doing a much worse job than in reality.

The truth is much more prosaic, we're a dull mid-table team that has peaks and troughs and a couple of players that can give us a smile.  Things could get a whole lot worse if we bring another manager as bad or worse than Pardew.  But I don't think things can ever get any better as long as Ashley is here.

:thup:

just out of interest do you class going to game 37 of the season in danger of being relegated a trough?

Guest neesy111

I'd probably put Taylor back in there with Colo. Mapou's been pretty good, though, so he'd stay in the team too at Debuchy's expense.

My only hesitation would be to break-up the MYM-Colo partnership. But we really don't have much choice, as MYM is probably a better option at RB than Santon or Dummett.

Has he played RB for us?

Seems to be a bogey position for us at the moment.

Guest firetotheworks

Why aren't you as p*ssed off as everyone else then? Being in a position where we should want this idiot sacked, and do want him sacked, yet know that the alternative is Joe Kinnear? Why moderate your rage with these stats that essentially show us nothing of any worth? It just seems like you're trying to reassure yourself that things aren't as bad as they seem.

In my view it's people saying things like we regularly lose at home when winning or even that embarrassing home defeats are frequent occurrences or that we haven't beasted anyone, who is trying to reassure themselves that Pardew is doing a much worse job than in reality.

The truth is much more prosaic, we're a dull mid-table team that has peaks and troughs and a couple of players that can give us a smile.  Things could get a whole lot worse if we bring another manager as bad or worse than Pardew.  But I don't think things can ever get any better as long as Ashley is here.

I meant to say losing the lead. I replied a page or two back. Embarrassing home defeats are a regular occurance, at the very least they're embarrassing home performances. I don't know how that can be disputed.

We haven't 'beasted' anyone since Stoke well over a season ago. A team usually has at least one game a season where they do that...even a 'dull mid-table team' like ourselves. Even in our relegation season we did that to Portsmouth away. It's not really a massively important point, but nor is it one that can be denied or excused, imo.

Has he played RB for us?

My mistake, I thought you were referring to Santon for some reason. MYM played RB against Metalist for us and a few times for Montpellier before the transfer. I don't remember much of his performance.

just out of interest do you class going to game 37 of the season in danger of being relegated a trough?

Aye.

Exactly. 

Like going into the last game with a chance of champions league being a peak.

Guest firetotheworks

0-3 Sunderland

0-6 Liverpool

0-1 Arsenal

0-0 West Ham

1-0 Fulham

2-3 Hull City

Don't forget Reading. I'll never forget Reading.

Guest icemanblue

3 of our last 6 home games have been what I would describe as "embarrassing defeats" and I'd class that as frequent.

What about before that?

Has he played RB for us?

I thought the few times MYM played RB he looked good there. He had pace, he was good at getting forward on the overlap and he hit the best cross I've seen from one of our backs in ages when he played that ball to Cisse in the Europa League (not sure if the bastard was offside or it counted, mind you, probably offside...one of the many close calls).

MYM - Saylor - Colo - Santon

Santon - MYM - Colo - Dummett

Are really the only 2 ways I want to go with this.

Aye.

Exactly. 

:lol: i always took peaks and troughs to refer to periods within a season, not an entire season myself

It's not even like we were solid from crosses/set pieces with Taylor at the back. Can't believe soon as things turn a bit sour people are calling for Taylor to return already. Bloke is a liability. I wouldn't break up MYM/Colo, if everyone wants debuchy out so badly, go Santon right back and Dummet left back. MYM is nowhere near as good as a fb and certainly doesn’t deserve dropped. Personally i'd stick with the same side except maybe Gouffran in for Cisse but don't think it's time for major reshuffling just yet, see how we fair against Everton, the side might prefer the counter football it was able to execute at Villa away from home.

Aye.

Exactly. 

:lol: i always took peaks and troughs to refer to periods within a season, not an entire season myself

I thought you meant going into those games themselves.

Strange question to ask in that case.

what's with the ronaldo and neesy love in?  :lol:

It's it not common sense that when you've got 11 players who just can't/won't head the ball you put someone in there that can?

no totally agree actually, i like mapou but he's more of a "sweeper" style CB who'll look to read the game and pick the ball off into space using his pace rather than attack the man...at home we should be pressing the forwards with our CB's when under pressure looking to win the ball early and turn possession back to us

could have done with that on saturday

3 of our last 6 home games have been what I would describe as "embarrassing defeats" and I'd class that as frequent.

What about before that?

Since Wigan (3rd Dec) we've won home games in the last 10 mins 5 times out of 6. Turtle domination.

6 out of 7 if you're counting Yoorup.

It's not even like we were solid from crosses/set pieces with Taylor at the back. Can't believe soon as things turn a bit sour people are calling for Taylor to return already. Bloke is a liability. I wouldn't break up MYM/Colo, if everyone wants debuchy out so badly, go Santon right back and Dummet left back. MYM is nowhere near as good as a fb and certainly doesn’t deserve dropped. Personally i'd stick with the same side except maybe Gouffran in for Cisse but don't think it's time for major reshuffling just yet, see how we fair against Everton, the side might prefer the counter football it was able to execute at Villa away from home.

I can see why it might be an idea to bring in Taylor just to give us some more aerial cover for set pieces though. I reckon Pardew might well go back to Yanga at RB just for that reason.

What about before that?

Since Wigan (3rd Dec) we've won home games in the last 10 mins 5 times out of 6. Turtle domination.

Fucking hate winning games in the last few minutes me like.

Aye.

Exactly. 

I thought you meant going into those games themselves.

Strange question to ask in that case.

you said we're a mid-table team who will have peaks and troughs, then said we should be careful 'cause we might get a worse manager than pardew (the bits i highlighted)

the point was that he took us on an entire seasons trough which we only escaped from due to blind luck :lol: