Alan Pardew

Mike

It's not even like we were solid from crosses/set pieces with Taylor at the back. Can't believe soon as things turn a bit sour people are calling for Taylor to return already. Bloke is a liability. I wouldn't break up MYM/Colo, if everyone wants debuchy out so badly, go Santon right back and Dummet left back. MYM is nowhere near as good as a fb and certainly doesn’t deserve dropped. Personally i'd stick with the same side except maybe Gouffran in for Cisse but don't think it's time for major reshuffling just yet, see how we fair against Everton, the side might prefer the counter football it was able to execute at Villa away from home.

I can see why it might be an idea to bring in Taylor just to give us some more aerial cover for set pieces though. I reckon Pardew might well go back to Yanga at RB just for that reason.

I haven't even seen Taylor as this dominant force aerially though? Half the time he's just pulling shirts and trying to look like he's not fouling than actually bossing a CF in the air. We don't actaully have a CB who is dominant in this area and that's a problem. Of what we have, MYM/Colo is a class above any other.

3 of our last 6 home games have been what I would describe as "embarrassing defeats" and I'd class that as frequent.

What about before that?

Since Wigan (3rd Dec) we've won home games in the last 10 mins 5 times out of 6. Turtle domination.

Fucking hate winning games in the last few minutes me like.

TURTLE domination at SJP.

Guest icemanblue

3 of our last 6 home games have been what I would describe as "embarrassing defeats" and I'd class that as frequent.

What about before that?

Since Wigan (3rd Dec) we've won home games in the last 10 mins 5 times out of 6. Turtle domination.

Only get two points for it, as well.

Saylor needs to come back in for Yanga-Mbiwa.

:sad: :spit:

I'd probably put Taylor back in there with Colo. Mapou's been pretty good, though, so he'd stay in the team too at Debuchy's expense.

I'd rather Santon at RB and bring in Dummett if i'm honest.... none of the CBs at fullback shit it doesn't work.

"For the opening ten minutes we were all over Hull and although the first goal carried something of good fortune about it, our superiority looked obvious as our passing completely out-manouvered Hull and we looked set fair for a decent afternoon. Then Steve Bruce made some tactical changes and from that moment onwards, Pardew had no response, unable to re-think his strategy and thus was completely out-thought by a very, very average manager and a group of players who will likely be in the mix for relegation at the end of the se season. That’s Hull I’m talking about."

EXACTLY what i've been saying about the game :lol:

Why aren't you as p*ssed off as everyone else then? Being in a position where we should want this idiot sacked, and do want him sacked, yet know that the alternative is Joe Kinnear? Why moderate your rage with these stats that essentially show us nothing of any worth? It just seems like you're trying to reassure yourself that things aren't as bad as they seem.

In my view it's people saying things like we regularly lose at home when winning or even that embarrassing home defeats are frequent occurrences or that we haven't beasted anyone, who is trying to reassure themselves that Pardew is doing a much worse job than in reality.

The truth is much more prosaic, we're a dull mid-table team that has peaks and troughs and a couple of players that can give us a smile.  Things could get a whole lot worse if we bring another manager as bad or worse than Pardew.  But I don't think things can ever get any better as long as Ashley is here.

:thup:

just out of interest do you class going to game 37 of the season in danger of being relegated a trough?

Aye.

Exactly. 

Like going into the last game with a chance of champions league being a peak.

:lol: i always took peaks and troughs to refer to periods within a season, not an entire season myself

I thought you meant going into those games themselves.

Strange question to ask in that case.

you said we're a mid-table team who will have peaks and troughs, then said we should be careful 'cause we might get a worse manager than pardew (the bits i highlighted)

the point was that he took us on an entire seasons trough which we only escaped from due to blind luck :lol:

What luck did we have?

Guest icemanblue

What about before that?

TURTLE domination at SJP.

The point was about 'embarrassing defeats', Jack.

"For the opening ten minutes we were all over Hull and although the first goal carried something of good fortune about it, our superiority looked obvious as our passing completely out-manouvered Hull and we looked set fair for a decent afternoon. Then Steve Bruce made some tactical changes and from that moment onwards, Pardew had no response, unable to re-think his strategy and thus was completely out-thought by a very, very average manager and a group of players who will likely be in the mix for relegation at the end of the se season. That’s Hull I’m talking about."

and it's exactly the reason Pardew should have been sacked last season. Just about every other manager in this division will get the better of him given the same resources at their disposal. Pardew relies on having much better players than the opposition to get results, and even then it's sometimes not enough. Like on Saturday.

and it's exactly the reason Pardew should have been sacked last season. Just about every other manager in this division will get the better of him given the same resources at their disposal. Pardew relies on having much better players than the opposition to get results, and even then it's sometimes not enough. Like on Saturday.

there was that awful craic after the villa match about playing players in the right positions being all he needed to do...games like hull make you wonder if that's literally all he's capable of

Whats it going to take to get this bloked moved on, a thrashing at Everton?

Don't get your hopes up.

If Ben Arfa, Cisse and Debuchy had been anywhere approaching what they have shown before, by all rights we'd be in joint third right now.  The only thrashing we have suffered was the same one Man U suffered yesterday.

It'll probably take at least a couple of thrashings before he goes anywhere.

In my view it's people saying things like we regularly lose at home when winning or even that embarrassing home defeats are frequent occurrences or that we haven't beasted anyone, who is trying to reassure themselves that Pardew is doing a much worse job than in reality.

The truth is much more prosaic, we're a dull mid-table team that has peaks and troughs and a couple of players that can give us a smile.  Things could get a whole lot worse if we bring another manager as bad or worse than Pardew.  But I don't think things can ever get any better as long as Ashley is here.

Do I believe that the likes of Ben Arfa, Remy, Coloccini, Krul, Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Cabaye ect are dull mid table players or that Pardew's a fucking shit manager?, tough one.

:thup: Spot on. It's impossible to get excited by the prospect of a new manager as there still going to be shackled by Ashley.

We take the risk, sack him and things will either become marginally better or far worse IMO. He's an average manager, we all know that, but the main issues lie in the boardroom.

Marginally better or far worse?, that suggests you believe Pardew is a well above average manager, quite the opposite.  Also the board aren't forcing him to be clueless game after game.

I'd class that as a quirk of fixture scheduling :D

Out of 19 home games in our potential relegation season last year I'd say 3 were embarrassments.

Only 6 teams won more home games than us last year.  They all finished in the top 6.

Don't get your hopes up.

If Ben Arfa, Cisse and Debuchy had been anywhere approaching what they have shown before, by all rights we'd be in joint third right now.  The only thrashing we have suffered was the same one Man U suffered yesterday.

It'll probably take at least a couple of thrashings before he goes anywhere.

I wasnt getting my hopes up...it was a geniune question, what will be the tipping point for ashley.

Im not arsed how other teams do, just nufc. 

Bottom 3 at x-mas.

That's not going to happen, we'll probably drift along around mid-table. We should be top 8-10 positions, with Pardew's clumsy management we'll probably end up around the 12th-15th instead. That's not going to get him sacked if the punters are willing to keep turning up and giving him their support at the ground.

I'd class that as a quirk of fixture scheduling :D

Out of 19 home games in our potential relegation season last year I'd say 3 were embarrassments.

Only 6 teams won more home games than us last year.  They all finished in the top 6.

How many teams lost more home games than we did?