Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Nobody is working against Pardew man, the bloke knew what he was fucking signing up for.

I dont think they are actively working against him, i didn't spell that out properly in my reply to HF, imo they just aren't backing him as a chairman should. But you're spot on, Pardew knew that when he took the job.

You could give Alan Pardew as much backing as you like, you could give him Man City money to spend on players, and he would still construct a direct team that looked to score early then stifle the game and strangle a narrow win. That's his gameplan.

Pulis was given a fortune to spend at Stoke, all he ever did was spend it on players that suited his football more than the last lot. He didn't change his philosophy and nor would Pardew.

Nobody is working against Pardew man, the bloke knew what he was fucking signing up for.

I dont think they are actively working against him, i didn't spell that out properly in my reply to HF,imo they just aren't backing him as a chairman should. But you're spot on, Pardew knew that when he took the job.

I'm not talking to yee either man :lol:

Fuck this I'm going to bed.

Guest bimpy474

I dont think they are actively working against him, i didn't spell that out properly in my reply to HF,imo they just aren't backing him as a chairman should. But you're spot on, Pardew knew that when he took the job.

I'm not talking to yee either man :lol:

Fuck this I'm going to bed.

We yes, but is it beyond the realms of possibility someone else might reply to one of your posts. FFS Hans :lol:

Which is why he is the sort of bloke the club can tick along under until Ashley has his money back.

Very few would put up with the lack of investment and the installation of Joe Kinnear over their head. I reckon Laudrup would have walked.  He's not been known for sticking with clubs.

Sorry Willie. On me phone so swipe changes your name automatically.

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo. I'd sell my granny to have an exciting attacking manager like him.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

A season ticket holder saw Newcastle win 33% more games than a Swansea season ticket holder last year. But I know facts tend to cloud the issue so I apologise for mentioning it.

"Last year" isn't the same as last season. Is this another one of your creative uses of stats?

No. I meant last season. We won 9 at home. They won 6.

Its a pointless discussion.  Like being asked who would win a fight between the grufallo and sasquatch.  I named several other PL managers I wouldn't be fussed on at the same time. It's really not worth pages of discussion.

I'd rather win 6 at home but finish 8th, than win 9 and finish 16th. Besides they collected only 2 pts less than us at home, and lost 4 less than we did.

Stats are just utter bollocks, and another excuse to give Pardew.

You seem to have missed the point of Willie's argument. He only goes to watch a team that plays to win. The fact that Swansea drew more games than we did is of no interest to him. Newcastle won more than them so as someone that wants to see winning football he got his moneys worth more with Newcastle. More than he would any team outside the top 6.

You seem to think stats mean more, and the major point that flies over your head like a fucking polaris missile is......you seem to think stats are more important than someones eyes and knowledge of the game. While i agree this season (Hull and Man City games apart imo) we have certainly played a lot better, i say that as a massive Pardew hater (as some call it) but i cant deny what my eyes and football knowledge tell about the football this season, it is much better.

Last season we were dreadful, no amount of stats can change that. Percentage wins, wins at home, lalalalala. And saying Wullie got his moneys worth in fucking insulting with the standard of football served up. Wullie should have got a refund, and bought a drink, and a pie, and a cab home.

Whatever Willie tells you, he would not be happy if we failed to win 13 games at home as long as we played nice tippy tappy stuff.

I've never once made the case that stats show we play good football.  Anything I have presented has been to counter a specific misrepresentation of the facts of what Pardew's failings have been suggested to be, over and above tactical naivety and a failure to have a team play as a unit.

I am used to watching shit football at Newcastle. Very few managers have put together fluid attacking teams in the 20+ years I've been going.  It's not something I expect it's something I appreciate when it happens.  It should happen when a manager is given all the backing he needs.

I have no illusions about ANY manager pulling it off while his paymasters seem to be actively working against him.

Mate, no one likes Pardew's paymasters, but that's no reason to excuse rank bad management and coaching when it's there in front of your eyes. Allardyce failed here because he had no idea how to use footballers who weren't suited to his limited long ball game. Since he got sacked, has he proven anybody wrong that doubted he could step it up a level? I'm sure you could make a case though that he had a better home record than Laudrup so he must be a better manager.

The football Laudrup plays should be more than enough to want anyone to change imo. I'd sell my granny to have an exciting attacking manager like him.

I go to the match to watch NUFC try and beat the other team by as many goals as possible, not to be bored, lose, then come home and console myself with carefully selected statistics.

A season ticket holder saw Newcastle win 33% more games than a Swansea season ticket holder last year. But I know facts tend to cloud the issue so I apologise for mentioning it.

"Last year" isn't the same as last season. Is this another one of your creative uses of stats?

Its a pointless discussion.  Like being asked who would win a fight between the grufallo and sasquatch.  I named several other PL managers I wouldn't be fussed on at the same time. It's really not worth pages of discussion.

I'd rather win 6 at home but finish 8th, than win 9 and finish 16th. Besides they collected only 2 pts less than us at home, and lost 4 less than we did.

You seem to have missed the point of Willie's argument. He only goes to watch a team that plays to win. The fact that Swansea drew more games than we did is of no interest to him. Newcastle won more than them so as someone that wants to see winning football he got his moneys worth more with Newcastle. More than he would any team outside the top 6.

You seem to think stats mean more, and the major point that flies over your head like a fucking polaris missile is......you seem to think stats are more important than someones eyes and knowledge of the game. While i agree this season (Hull and Man City games apart imo) we have certainly played a lot better, i say that as a massive Pardew hater (as some call it) but i cant deny what my eyes and football knowledge tell about the football this season, it is much better.

Last season we were dreadful, no amount of stats can change that. Percentage wins, wins at home, lalalalala. And saying Wullie got his moneys worth in fucking insulting with the standard of football served up. Wullie should have got a refund, and bought a drink, and a pie, and a cab home.

Whatever Willie tells you, he would not be happy if we failed to win 13 games at home as long as we played nice tippy tappy stuff.

I've never once made the case that stats show we play good football.  Anything I have presented has been to counter a specific misrepresentation of the facts of what Pardew's failings have been suggested to be, over and above tactical naivety and a failure to have a team play as a unit.

I am used to watching shit football at Newcastle. Very few managers have put together fluid attacking teams in the 20+ years I've been going.  It's not something I expect it's something I appreciate when it happens.  It should happen when a manager is given all the backing he needs.

I have no illusions about ANY manager pulling it off while his paymasters seem to be actively working against him.

Mate, no one likes Pardew's paymasters, but that's no reason to excuse rank bad management and coaching when it's there in front of your eyes. Allardyce failed here because he had no idea how to use footballers who weren't suited to his limited long ball game. Since he got sacked, has he proven anybody wrong that doubted he could step it up a level? I'm sure you could make a case though that he had a better home record than Laudrup so he must be a better manager.

Misrepresentation.

Misrepresentation.

I'm sure if you were that concerned you could be bothered to explain how.

Basically, my wife is a shit cook, the house is a mess but she's canny in bed and I'm an ugly fucker.

I ain't about to dump the bitch cos she's not Cindy Crawford.

Newcastle Utd isn't "an ugly fucker" though. :lol: We deserve better, really we do! Is this battered husband syndrome?

Basically, my wife is a s*** cook, the house is a mess but she's canny in bed and I'm an ugly f***er.

I see you taste in super models is as bad as your taste in managers, you've got nowt going for you.

Basically, my wife is a shit cook, the house is a mess but she's canny in bed and I'm an ugly fucker.

Newcastle Utd isn't "an ugly fucker" though. :lol: We deserve better, really we do! Is this battered husband syndrome?

Oh but it is. If you think Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley are attractive to any manager worth his salt you are incorrect.

Harry Redknapp knew.

Guest Forollhogna

The last thing I want is Ashley backing Pardew. Shudder to think about the throng of clobbers who Pardew would have bought straight away...

Basically, my wife is a s*** cook, the house is a mess but she's canny in bed and I'm an ugly f***er.

Newcastle Utd isn't "an ugly f***er" though. :lol: We deserve better, really we do! Is this battered husband syndrome?

Oh but it is. If you think Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley are attractive to any manager worth his salt you are incorrect.

Harry Redknapp knew.

Its not exactly rocket science...

If you're talking owners working against their manager look no further than Hughton. He lost loads of players and was given peanuts to replace them and apparently Ashley etc hated him but did a really, really good job and I fucking love him so there.

Harry Redknapp knew.

Where's Harry Redknapp now? Still down south like he always wanted to be  I'd wager, the senile cockney twat. If Newcastle had been based within 50 miles of his home on the south coast he'd have crawled over broken glass to sign the contract.

If you're talking owners working against their manager look no further than Hughton. He lost loads of players and was given peanuts to replace them and apparently Ashley etc hated him but did a really, really good job and I fucking love him so there.

I'm with you man. Don't remember many excuses from him either.