Alan Pardew

Mike

Deserves all the s*** he'll get for the first half, regardless of individual horror shows. Won't get the small amount of credit he deserves for the second half improvement.

It's a game that can't be won man.

Does something wrong? Blamed and well deserved. Does anything right? Should have been doing it anyway, no credit.

And anyone who thinks I'm misrepresenting the no-win fantasy world they live in, where the minimum acceptable criteria for a manager is "gets everything right all the time", please, provide a comprehensive list of things you would actually give pardew credit for.

And I don't even like the f***er - although to some I'm sure if I'm not actively trying to set him on fire I must want to lick his hoop - I'm just tired of the ridiculous blindness on display sometimes.

I love the I don't even like him disclaimer while defending him.  :lol:

Saying that there are some on here who would rather chew off their own dicks than say he got something right - and create unwinnable situations so that that can never happen - is not defending him.

It's very hard to give him credit for something when the game is already lost, like. The context is completely different.

Completely.  I'm glad we didn't humiliate ourselves after we'd already humiliated ourselves.  We were unforgiveably wank first half.  It's not as if the highs justify the lows with this manager.  Villa away this season and Chelsea home last are the only big lights I can see amongst the pathetic defeats and other listless performances since the beginning of 11/12.  There appears sometimes to have been gradual improvement but it's not good enough.  Lots of managers have been long gone for less than this.

It's very hard to give him credit for something when the game is already lost, like. The context is completely different.

We gave the game away before showing up. Whether that's down to Pardew or not is obviously open to debate but it's happening with ridiculous regularity.

Scraping round for crumbs, we have conceded 5 and 6 in recent seasons with second half showings as bad as the first. At least we avoided that level of embarrassment.

I don't want to hear him identify and acknowledge the problems, I want him to fucking solve them. Or at least try to.

He's the manager, this is his team and he's responsible for results and performances. If he can't get his team playing to an acceptable level then he needs to lose his fucking job. We've been largely woeful for months and months now, how many more shambolic performances does it take to get this wanker out? 

Deserves all the s*** he'll get for the first half, regardless of individual horror shows. Won't get the small amount of credit he deserves for the second half improvement.

Does something wrong? Blamed and well deserved. Does anything right? Should have been doing it anyway, no credit.

And anyone who thinks I'm misrepresenting the no-win fantasy world they live in, where the minimum acceptable criteria for a manager is "gets everything right all the time", please, provide a comprehensive list of things you would actually give pardew credit for.

And I don't even like the f***er - although to some I'm sure if I'm not actively trying to set him on fire I must want to lick his hoop - I'm just tired of the ridiculous blindness on display sometimes.

Saying that there are some on here who would rather chew off their own dicks than say he got something right - and create unwinnable situations so that that can never happen - is not defending him.

On this one, you don't know what you're talking about. Just leave it.

Deserves nothing but shit tonight.  Ultimately it's his his coaching, his tactics and his XI.

As was demonstrated tonight, the players clearly don't want to play for him, but you've then got to ask why.  As has already been stated, the manager is the most important person at a football club.  Months of mismanagement and poor decisions have led his squad to lose faith in him.

We gave the game away before showing up. Whether that's down to Pardew or not is obviously open to debate but it's happening with ridiculous regularity.

Scraping round for crumbs, we have conceded 5 and 6 in recent seasons with second half showings as bad as the first. At least we avoided that level of embarrassment.

Martinez must be livid tbh. Because the game should have ended exactly like that.

Coming out and attacking the opposition in a more urgent/methodical way 2nd half was good but it doesn't excuse the first half.  I think he/we did well against Villa and bits of the Fulham match were decent too.  That and an ultimately futile attempt to get back in the game today have been alright, the rest of the season more of the same.

Of course that's what you were saying.

Tonight saw a contrast of new versus old, very good versus average, new school versus old school. Pardew should have spent the game rubbing himself up and down Martinez in the vague hope that some of his managerial ability transferred over.

In terms of the two squads i'd say they were pretty even (id maybe even put us slightly ahead) and yet at times Everton played the kind of football we can only dream of.

I just pray we get a new Martinez-type manager who can show us what this group of players is really capable of before Pardew bores them all into leaving

Guest bimpy474

The players are getting stick and they rightly deserve some.  It doesn't matter who we have on the pitch with this knacker, we're always capable of producing the same shit and that's down to one person.

Letting in goals at around 2 a game for nearly 50 games, really does tell you there are problems with your tactics and set up. Only one man responsible for that long term.

What makes Neville's analysis of our defensive organisation and mentality is that Pardew stated we came to counter them.

We were trying to break and still had 7 players and Krul in our won box, he doesn't know what he's doing.