Alan Pardew

Mike

I just don't see how you on the one hand are so pleased with the players we have whilst on the other are so content to have Pardew in charge of them.

If the players are as good as you say they are then imagine what a good manager could do with them.

I know, there's no guarantee of a good manager coming in etc but that is why so many in here are unhappy with Pardew. It also makes it hard to be optimistic about the season. It's not undue pessimism, it's common sense.

I fear them like, I suspect Liverpool will rip us apart.

I still feel Liverpool are vulnerable in some ways, but it would take a well organised team with good defenders to exploit it. That's not us, so they'll probably score 3 or 4 at least.

We are a bit Jekyll and Hyde at the moment and Pardew's right when he's scratching his head wondering if we are a really good side or a bad side, personally i think we're a really good side. Think the players deserve huge credit, doing us proud.

Should have no bother turning over one or two of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs in the coming weeks then?

To be fair to Pardew, his 2 wins against top 6 opposition last season, and the year before that, is more than we've managed since 06/07.  We only managed 1 win in 07/08, 08/09 and 10/11 and were in the championship in 09/10.

Think it's always tough, but he's been better at turning over top opposition than our other recent managers.  He's failed to get as many draws as we've managed previously like.

Guest icemanblue

I assume it's quiet because people are sick to death of the wums and don't bother posting.

:lol: Aye, that'll be it.

We are a bit Jekyll and Hyde at the moment and Pardew's right when he's scratching his head wondering if we are a really good side or a bad side, personally i think we're a really good side. Think the players deserve huge credit, doing us proud.

Should have no bother turning over one or two of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs in the coming weeks then?

To be fair to Pardew, his 2 wins against top 6 opposition last season, and the year before that, is more than we've managed since 06/07.  We only managed 1 win in 07/08, 08/09 and 10/11 and were in the championship in 09/10.

Think it's always tough, but he's been better at turning over top opposition than our other recent managers.  He's failed to get as many draws as we've managed previously like.

Like I say then, I'd expect a "really good side" to be winning at least one of those games and not losing more than one - and certainly not conceding goals by the bucketful.

Guest firetotheworks

I assume it's quiet because people are sick to death of the wums and don't bother posting.

Case in point.

Guest neesy111

:anguish:

Nice fishing Jack.

Like I say then, I'd expect a "really good side" to be winning at least one of those games and not losing more than one - and certainly not conceding goals by the bucketful.

I think Spurs are a better side than us but they just conceded a bucketful off West Ham, football isn't as simple as you think it is Wullie, saying we should be beating one of the three no bother because we have a very good side is naive. It's a tough league, results this season have been rather random and everyone seems to beating each other and nobody really looking like a class above. With our team there's no reason why we can't beat one of them three sides, but if we don't, it doesn't mean to say we aren't very good.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Spurs are a better side than us but they just conceded a bucketful off West Ham, football isn't as simple as you think it is Wullie, saying we should be beating one of the three no bother because we have a very good side is naive. It's a tough league, results this season have been rather random and everyone seems to beating each other and nobody really looking like a class above. With our team there's no reason why we can't beat one of them three sides, but if we don't, it doesn't mean to say we aren't very good.

If you're saying that no one looks a class above then why are you saying that we're a very good side then? It makes no sense.

The league position and points total will probably suggest otherwise.

If you're saying that no one looks a class above then why are you saying that we're a very good side then? It makes no sense.

I'm saying the results this season have been rather surprising, excellent sides imo have been dropping points to lesser sides but that don’t mean to say because they dropped points that side isn't excellent. I think we are a very good side but just because Hull beat us at home that's not going to change my opinion of how good we are. a few game results doesn't determine the outcome of the ability of your side.

Guest bimpy474

I suppose you can have a very good side but have no stand out stars. Not sure that's what Brett meant though.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm saying the results this season have been rather surprising, excellent sides imo have been dropping points to lesser sides but that don’t mean to say because they dropped points that side isn't excellent. I think we are a very good side but just because Hull beat us at home that's not going to change my opinion of how good we are. a few game results doesn't determine the outcome of the ability of your side.

It does.

We've seen this win before. It's the 2nd half retreat that encapsulates his coward approach. He's never sure of what we're doing right, and when we're doing something right, his main aim is to ensure we don't lose it.

It wasn't tactical though, we set out positively in the second half but the momentum just turned against us. It happens it football, we aren't good enough to dominate a game for 90 minutes.

I suppose you can have a very good side but have no stand out stars. Not sure that's what Brett meant though.

Well we are a very good side, we have one/two players that can win us any game, but we are coming up teams who probably have 3 or 4 of them. We are a very good side but our upcoming fixtures are very tough against sides who are better than us, that doesn't mean to say they will beat us though.

It does.

How come? Man Utd have been turned over a few times when they shouldn't have been, i still don't doubt how good of a side they are, still got class players within but just underperformed of late. It can happen.

Guest firetotheworks

I can only assume that 'very good' isn't actually that good and that BrettNUFC has some sort of sliding Power Rangers Mega Zord scale in his head. Barca are Samurai-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Zord in Space. NUFC are 'very good' and Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal are all Mighty Morphin.

Guest bimpy474

Well we are a very good side, we have one/two players that can win us any game, but we are coming up teams who probably have 3 or 4 of them. We are a very good side but our upcoming fixtures are very tough against sides who are better than us, that doesn't mean to say they will beat us though.

We could be a very good side, a better manager and a couple of additions and we could be very very good. It's a shame that's so close yet an abyss away really.

Guest firetotheworks

It does.

How come? Man Utd have been turned over a few times when they shouldn't have been, i still don't doubt how good of a side they are, still got class players within but just underperformed of late. It can happen.

Fucking hell. Not even bothering to answer that. So silly like. Proper silly.