Sunderland

Nobody

Did they not beat us last season on a Monday or was that just a general night game?

I don't remember us ever playing them in an evening game.

Beat 'em years back when they had 9 nine men and 100 players booked when we were decent, that was definitely under lights.

Did they not beat us last season on a Monday or was that just a general night game?

The game in the pissing rain under Gullit?

Wasn't there the one where they banned away fans? Roker park, Beardsley goal?

Yeah and the dreadful 2-1 loss in the rain, Gullit's suicide note and all that

1pt from Palace & Norwich should put them down but I'm convinced that Palace & West Brom's upcoming fixtures are worse.

34pts should do it but thats 3 wins from 5 (Wham, Everton, Cardiff, WBA, Swansea). Somehow I think they'll do it....which doesnt make sense.

They're incredibly s*** though.

Only think they have a chance against WBA and Swansea tbh.

Your avatar is gay.

I assume you're using 'gay' in a pejorative sense?

Duh, of course. :thup:

Can't imagine it ever happening now given the big fuss the police make about the kick off time.

1-2 mate.  Gullit benched Shearer and we lost 2-1.  It was one of the most pivotal derbies in the last 20 years.  How has it slipped your mind?  Was a Wednesday.

Can't imagine it ever happening now given the big fuss the police make about the kick off time.

Might change now after all the stuff with the police over the last derby and the club saying they will ignore the police from now on.

Seems to be more leniency in other areas, e.g Liverpool and Manchester derbies both midweek this season.

Might change now after all the stuff with the police over the last derby and the club saying they will ignore the police from now on.

Nee chance.

1-2 mate.  Gullit benched Shearer and we lost 2-1.  It was one of the most pivotal derbies in the last 20 years.  How has it slipped your mind?  Was a Wednesday.

Thought you were being sarcy. :lol:

Nee chance.

I think it is possible.

Joint statement said:

Over a number of years both clubs have made repeated representations to Northumbria Police to try and reach agreement over kick-off times to enable a traditional 3pm kick-off, or later, to enable broadcasters to give the game consideration in the majority of their time slots for live coverage.

Police forces up and down the country have been able to police high-profile derby matches for years, including most recently the first Welsh derby in the Premier League, Cardiff v Swansea, on Sunday 3rd November at 4pm, Arsenal v Tottenham at 5.15pm on Saturday 4th January, and Manchester City v Manchester United on Sunday 22nd September at 4pm.

In recent years, Northumbria Police have rejected every request made by the clubs for later kick-off slots, including Saturday 5.30pm, Sunday 4pm and Monday 8pm.

In light of Northumbria Police's latest statement, Newcastle United and Sunderland AFC will now inform the Premier League that all future fixtures between the two clubs will be available for kick-off times to suit the clubs, the League and their broadcast partners, if applicable, and will expect Northumbria Police to police these games, especially given the considerable costs both clubs incur for such special police services.

Thought you were being sarcy. :lol:

:blush:

One win and they're out of the bottom three so statements like "I think they're gone" are fairly preposterous.

Apart from the small problem of them not really winning games.

The majority of the games where they have picked up points they've looked very fortunate to do so.

I'm not writing them off because they're too far adrift, I'm writing them off because they've got nothing in tank.

Didn't think that needed explaining, like.

It seems people seem to be convinced they'll stay up because the teams around them are so bad and keep getting beat. Sunderland are below them teams because they are even worse, and they're dropping every opportunity against the teams around them. If anything, these 'winnable home games' people keep going on about are more winnable for the away teams. Take away them two derbies man and they're absolute rock bottom. They might even finish bottom still. I don't think they will, but for me they will not beat West Ham, West Brom or Swansea at home.

Crystal Palace still have Cardiff, Villa, West Ham, and Fulham to play.

WBA still have Cardiff, Norwich, West Ham, Sunderland, and Stoke to play.

Swansea still have Norwich, Hull, Us, Villa, Sunderland to play.

The teams immediately above them all have very similar or even more winnable games then they do.   

My thought process on them staying up is on the basis that every time they lose, no other cunting team seems to win and create a gap meaning they're always just one win away from safety.

My thought process on them staying up is on the basis that every time they lose, no other cunting team seems to win and create a gap meaning they're always just one win away from safety.

You could also view it as them not taking the opportunity to get out of the relegation zone when results go for them.

My thought process on them staying up is on the basis that every time they lose, no other c***ing team seems to win and create a gap meaning they're always just one win away from safety.

Carries on like that and they go down though...