The other games today - 2013/14

JH

It's not just Pardew - from head to toe Newcastle United are small time - and there's a reason for that. Pardew is a factor, in the same sense a single drop of rain is a factor in a storm.

But people are too short sighted and spiteful which is why f*** all gets done about it. So I'll laugh at all the childish, spiteful reactions all I like. :)

Pardew is the main single problem with our club and you're under-estimating his influence massively.  I don't think upgrading and single person at the club is more important than upgrading Pardew.

Pardew is so small time. What an absolute joke.

;D

And would you not say, saying we can't compete with the Southampton, Cardiff for transfers and not even compete on the pitch with Man City. And hoping we have enough to get past Morecombe, and telling us we are at a level with the West Ham's. Doesn't that show small time thinking ?.

Don't bite bimpy. He's either a WUM or.....he just sees the world differently.

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

Sticking up for him again, can you not see what virtually everyone else does ?.

It's not just Pardew - from head to toe Newcastle United are small time - and there's a reason for that. Pardew is a factor, in the same sense a single drop of rain is a factor in a storm.

But people are too short sighted and spiteful which is why f*** all gets done about it. So I'll laugh at all the childish, spiteful reactions all I like. :)

You are correct there is small time thinking throughout, absolutely right. But Pardew is the one who should be different, he shouldn't be talking like we're a League two side who should be lucky, even if he knows (i think he does) what's going on behind the scenes, his defeatist drivel is destroying performances, that and he's simply a very poor manager.

It's not spiteful to react to such utter nonsense from OUR manager who is giving us the worst football i can ever remember, yet telling us we played well and threatened Man City, when the reality was we could and should have been 5-0 down. Or we threatened yesterday, yet had no shots on target at all, and haven't scored at home for 4 games. The man lies, whether knowingly or not to us constantly. So please do we not have a right to be angry at such actions.

If Pardew didn't do these things he wouldn't have a job.

Look at the bigger picture - you're right to moan - but I reserve my right to laugh.

Guest bimpy474

;D

And would you not say, saying we can't compete with the Southampton, Cardiff for transfers and not even compete on the pitch with Man City. And hoping we have enough to get past Morecombe, and telling us we are at a level with the West Ham's. Doesn't that show small time thinking ?.

He's entitled to his opinion like. What i don't get with people who think Pardew should get more time. How bad do we have to play to for them to realise how bad he is. All the goals conceded last season, losing 9 games at home, 0-3, 0-6, 0-1, Losing to Reading at home. I saw something stats wise about our last 10 or so games. It was ridiculous, 6 scored, 23 conceded. Those were with 5 new players and as good as after we were knocked out of the Europa league.

Deny the obvious when it's on fire in front you, i dunno what their thinking really.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Pardew is the main single problem with our club and you're under-estimating his influence massively.  I don't think upgrading and single person at the club is more important than upgrading Pardew.

Not even Ashley or Kinnear?

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

He's entitled to his opinion like. What i don't get with people who think Pardew should get more time. How bad do we have to play to for them to realise how bad he is. All the goals conceded last season, losing 9 games at home, 0-3, 0-6, 0-1, Losing to Reading at home. I saw something stats wise about our last 10 or so games. It was ridiculous, 6 scored, 23 conceded. Those were with 5 new players and as good as after we were knocked out of the Europa league.

Deny the obvious when it's on fire in front you, i dunno what their thinking really.

Sack him now for all I care - but things wont get any better.

Guest bimpy474

;D

You are correct there is small time thinking throughout, absolutely right. But Pardew is the one who should be different, he shouldn't be talking like we're a League two side who should be lucky, even if he knows (i think he does) what's going on behind the scenes, his defeatist drivel is destroying performances, that and he's simply a very poor manager.

It's not spiteful to react to such utter nonsense from OUR manager who is giving us the worst football i can ever remember, yet telling us we played well and threatened Man City, when the reality was we could and should have been 5-0 down. Or we threatened yesterday, yet had no shots on target at all, and haven't scored at home for 4 games. The man lies, whether knowingly or not to us constantly. So please do we not have a right to be angry at such actions.

Look at the bigger picture - you're right to moan - but I reserve my right to laugh.

Pardew is taking us down with his football and mentality, you can call it moaning, i prefer to call it worrying. You laugh away, what else can you do.

;D

But people are too short sighted and spiteful which is why fuck all gets done about it. So I'll laugh at all the childish, spiteful reactions all I like. :)

Wrong.

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

Pardew is taking us down with his football and mentality, you can call it moaning, i prefer to call it worrying. You laugh away, what else can you do.

Nothing mate. Or can we? I don't really know anymore. His mentality comes from above or he wouldn't have a job - simple as that. He's tried his best to deflect attention onto Kinnear but he's got nowhere.

If we'd got a few players in his mentality would change. He's a limited manager with his hands tied behind his back - we're screwed.

Guest bimpy474

;D

I said sack him 8 months ago, but you're right, things may not get better but can they get worse than what were seeing now. We can't score, we can stop letting them in (yesterday aside), we play awful football. As much as i detest JFK we wouldn't be as meek and gutless if he was in charge of the team. Although I don't think it would be him, it'll be his appointment however.

Guest bimpy474

;D

Nothing mate. Or can we? I don't really know anymore. His mentality comes from above or he wouldn't have a job - simple as that. He's tried his best to deflect attention onto Kinnear but he's got nowhere.

If we'd got a few players in his mentality would change. He's a limited manager with his hands tied behind his back - we're screwed.

I do agree they are hampering him, i guess a lot of the arguments on here are. Ok he needs players but he's doing such an awful job with the ones he has, giving him more wont change much. I think it would slightly but he's now on a downward spiral that nothing can stop imo. The same pattern happens to limited managers like him. He often reminds me of Alan Ball, starts off ok and just gets worse and worse.

;D

:facepalm:

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

I said sack him 8 months ago, but you're right, things may not get better but can they get worse than what were seeing now. We can't score, we can stop letting them in (yesterday aside), we play awful football. As much as i detest JFK we wouldn't be as meek and gutless if he was in charge of the team. Although I don't think it would be him, it'll be his appointment however.

Well JFK can and will sack Pardew - which is why he hasn't backed him - in my opinion.

We're playing some reasonable stuff at times - yesterday Ben Arfa's pass to Cisse to cut it back for a Sissoko shot was beautiful football - it just needs to be ingrained into our style which will take a while. I think our average long balls last year was 70 (SEVENTY) per match we played 40 odd yesterday so he is trying but perhaps in the same sense a cat will scratch the bulldog that is tearing it's throat out. So I do think our one touch stuff has improved but we do seem direction-less.

For me the major change will come from -

A. Backing the manager properly.

B. Sacking the manager.

for now we are stagnating. 

Guest bimpy474

;D

Well JFK can and will sack Pardew - which is why he hasn't backed him - in my opinion.

We're playing some reasonable stuff at times - yesterday Ben Arfa's pass to Cisse to cut it back for a Sissoko shot was beautiful football - it just needs to be ingrained into our style which will take a while. I think our average long balls last year was 70 (SEVENTY) per match we played 40 odd yesterday so he is trying but perhaps in the same sense a cat will scratch the bulldog that is tearing it's throat out. So I do think our one touch stuff has improved but we do seem direction-less.

B. Sacking the manager.

Agreed there, i dont care what those stats say my own eyes told me we were playing less long balls. Thing is Pardews style has always brought limited chances (a few games aside). I dont think he can change form that.

Stagnating is spot on, although i think the team is to extent because of him and what he tells them. They need a different voice and different ideas. Actually might help if a new coach was to come in under Pardew, but if that was going to happen it already would have imo.

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

Agreed there, i dont care what those stats say my own eyes told me we were playing less long balls. Thing is Pardews style has always brought limited chances (a few games aside). I dont think he can change form that.

Stagnating is spot on, although i think the team is to extent because of him and what he tells them. They need a different voice and different ideas. Actually might help if a new coach was to come in under Pardew, but if that was going to happen it already would have imo.

Yeh I'd agree there - our backroom staff are shocking - I think TOOJ has made that point several times.

They need to do one or the other though - get behind Pardew or get rid of him because at the moment we are knacked. We wont go down but we'll be lower midtable with a lot of discontent. At the end of the day Shola is still in contention to start - in 2013.

Even just some new ideas - from a lesser manager - could act as a catalyst - to drag something from some good players. Still it breaks my heart where we are now. I think I see a different, more horrible, picture, than most on here and Pardew isn't the face of it merely a veneer of a bigger problem.

;D

His footballing mentality? Wrong.

Wrong.

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

Yeh I'd agree there - our backroom staff are shocking - I think TOOJ has made that point several times.

They need to do one or the other though - get behind Pardew or get rid of him because at the moment we are knacked. We wont go down but we'll be lower midtable with a lot of discontent. At the end of the day Shola is still in contention to start - in 2013.

Even just some new ideas - from a lesser manager - could act as a catalyst - to drag something from some good players. Still it breaks my heart where we are now. I think I see a different, more horrible, picture, than most on here and Pardew isn't the face of it merely a veneer of a bigger problem.

I felt he was backed in January personally.

And the improvement was negligible at best.

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

Longer than 2.5 seasons? :lol:

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

Wrong. Everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone, knows Ashley is the main problem. But some can see just how bad a job Pardew is doing. I'm astonished at anyone who can't.

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

The stream of evolution is a constant flow.

Guest Haris Vuckic

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

Wrong. Everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone, knows Ashley is the main problem. But some can see just how bad a job Pardew is doing. I'm astonished at anyone who cannot.

Where have I said he's doing a good job?

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

The stream of evolution is a constant flow.

As is the managerial merry-go-round.

The quicker Pardew gets on it the better.

;D

B. Sacking the manager.

Wrong. Everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone, knows Ashley is the main problem. But some can see just how bad a job Pardew is doing. I'm astonished at anyone who cannot.

Where have I said he's doing a good job?

Eurgh, didn't say you have. You're not worth the bother.