The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Jol is gonna need one of these on the bench if he's still got a job next week.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Dunlopillo-Surgical-Ring-Cushion-Pressure-Relief-Piles-/20/!BzYkr(g!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!i4Ew5GLeTBiBMVyvRs2Sg~~_35.JPG

where is mikel for chelsea?  has mourinho become the first manager to realise how utterly s*** he is?

or is he injured?

He started at midweek and has played consistently throughout the season, even scoring a goal. I also doubt Mourinho doesn't rate him, given he was the one that gave him his first appearances in England.

remember JM was the manager when he signed like aye

pointless player, totally and utterly pointless - i struggle to think of a more pointless player at a top club tbh

A completely pointless player that has played consistently at a top club for 7 seasons under 38 different managers, started for a winning side in Champions League final and is easily the best player for his country. 99.9 percent of footballers are pointless now I suppose.

The Premiership games today are very boring.

aye that's him, he's f***ing pointless

:lol: Our positions differ too much for any decent argument. I think he is a top player.

Whenever I've seen Chelsea this season, every attack ends with Ivanovic having ten minutes to cross the ball and hitting the first defender every time. All their goals are from counters or opposition mistakes.

ok, i'm willing to concede that my memory is not great but tell you what - he's played for one of the top clubs in europe for years and years now as you've said...can you name me 5 memorable performances he's put in (less than 1 per year easy), and by memorable i mean games where you could reasonably look at it and say "if it wasn't for mikel we might have lost that game", or "mikel won us that game"

i'd be amazed if you came up with one

and nigeria doesn't count

f***ing Southampton

People criticised them for eliminating Adkins...

He hardly deserved the sack.

They traded up though, identified someone better and have been proved right so far.

Guest neesy111

f***ing Southampton

People criticised them for eliminating Adkins...

He hardly deserved the sack.

They saw an opportunity to upgrade on him.  Fair play to them.

Stelling: 'A great week for Southampton fans just got better'

Didn't they get knocked out of the cup this week?

Who cares about trophy success when they got THREE players called up to the England squad :frantic:

where is mikel for chelsea?  has mourinho become the first manager to realise how utterly s*** he is?

or is he injured?

He started at midweek and has played consistently throughout the season, even scoring a goal. I also doubt Mourinho doesn't rate him, given he was the one that gave him his first appearances in England.

pointless player, totally and utterly pointless - i struggle to think of a more pointless player at a top club tbh

A completely pointless player that has played consistently at a top club for 7 seasons under 38 different managers, started for a winning side in Champions League final and is easily the best player for his country. 99.9 percent of footballers are pointless now I suppose.

:lol: Our positions differ too much for any decent argument. I think he is a top player.

Whenever I've seen Chelsea this season, every attack ends with Ivanovic having ten minutes to cross the ball and hitting the first defender every time. All their goals are from counters or opposition mistakes.

ok, i'm willing to concede that my memory is not great but tell you what - he's played for one of the top clubs in europe for years and years now as you've said...can you name me 5 memorable performances he's put in (less than 1 per year easy), and by memorable i mean games where you could reasonably look at it and say "if it wasn't for mikel we might have lost that game", or "mikel won us that game"

But like how many players that play in that position can you say are noticeably brilliant in games?

or is he injured?

But like how many players that play in that position can you say are noticeably brilliant in games?

:thup:

Holding midfielders shouldn't necessarily "stand-out" in matches. Mikel generally does well to avoid mistakes and maintain possession, which is what is asked of him.

or is he injured?

depends who you're comparing him to but let's say the likes of makelele or busquets?  is that out of order? i don't think so...players you'd class as purely defensive instead of box to box

i've seen both play less than i've seen mikel and both have stood out more than him

he's scored 3 goals in chelsea's team since 2006...i can't find assist stats but i would suspect they'll be fuck all either

i retract the statement he's shit, but standby the pointless one - he does nothing in great teams that have dominated over the last few years

Guest palnese

Mikel used to be a really exciting player to watch when he was playing in Norway. Much more attacking minded and scored quite a few goals. Never looked like a defensive midfielder, but he's done very well in that role over the years at Chelsea.

or is he injured?

depends who you're comparing him to but let's say the likes of makelele or busquets?  is that out of order? i don't think so...players you'd class as purely defensive instead of box to box

i've seen both play less than i've seen mikel and both have stood out more than him

he's scored 3 goals in chelsea's team since 2006...i can't find assist stats but i would suspect they'll be fuck all either

i retract the statement he's shit, but standby the pointless one - he does nothing in great teams that have dominated over the last few years

But...if a team was great, that means they know what they're doing. Why would they consistently select a player that adds nothing. It's not like they couldn't buy a guy.

Holding midfielders shouldn't necessarily "stand-out" in matches. Mikel generally does well to avoid mistakes and maintain possession, which is what is asked of him.

bollocks, i can think of more games that tiote has stood out in than mikel....HM's will never stand out every game, i'm asking someone to give me 5 mikel games which is not even 1 a season

bollocks, i can think of more games that tiote has stood out in than mikel....HM's will never stand out every game, i'm asking someone to give me 5 mikel games which is not even 1 a season

Not saying Mikel isn't shit but a holding mid for us is going to have a damn sight more to do than a holding mid for Chelsea.

Not saying Mikel isn't shit but a holding mid for us is going to have a damn sight more to do than a holding mid for Chelsea.

which i fully accept, but chelsea don't dominate every game...should therefore be easy over the 50+ games a season they've played since 2006 to give me some performances where the lad has stood out and shined to win them games

should be easy but it's not, 'cause he hasn't