Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

He averages 11th in his time here, one season was pretty much bang on there and where we'd have finished had we sacked Hughton or not imo, one season he over achieved, the next he under achieved. I think he's been kept on purely based on that 5th placed finish and seriously think if we're not comfortably in the top 10 by October time, Pardew will be gone.

He averages 11th in his time here, one season was pretty much bang on there and where we'd have finished had we sacked Hughton or not imo, one season he over achieved, the next he under achieved. I think he's been kept on purely based on that 5th placed finish and seriously think if we're not comfortably in the top 10 by October time, Pardew will be gone.

I seriously hope so (either we do well or he gets the sack early this season), but the problem than is, as always, who does Ashley appoint next?

don't :sweetjesus:

Would it not be preferable to see us do well under Pardew?

I think he's being kept on because he's done everything asked of him. We're still in the premier league, he's praised Ashley, talked up other teams and talked down NUFC.

Would it not be preferable to see us do well under Pardew?

unquestionably, i just know we won't

He was very very close to not doing that and Ashley knows it (hence the January spending spree & Kinnear coming in).

If there's any sign we could have a similar season to last, particularly with the players he's been given, he'll be out on his arse. He's basically got a second chance.

We have a string of winnable games (that will be vital in making the season more comfortable) after Man City. I suspect things will come to a head at about the first derby, if we win that and are sitting on about 15 points Pardew will be fine, if we have drawn some of the home games or lost and are down around 9 points and lose to Sunderland my guess is he'll be gone.

yeah, those games after man city are crucial like...of the 6 we need to be looking at a minimum of 3 wins, probably 4, because it's 4 bastards in a row after that including the mackems and i'd honestly take a bet now that di canio has pardew in his pocket after the last game

that result will consume pardew imo, he'll fear himself into a defeat

He fears himself into defeat every fucking game  :lol:

Honestly considering I'm expecting a slow start to season judging by preseason and previous and that's bad news for our fixtures, unless City jolts the team alive. A few more tough fixtures we can afford to lose followed by an easier run might have been better, really though we should be using that run to build momentum.

it's where we fucked up last season, fluked spurs then never picked up points against teams we should have and it became much too late....so many people couldn't see it at the time though

if he makes it to the mackems game it'll define everything aye, 'cause if we go into that low on points and confidence i think they'll bury us again

here brett, just as a little aside to us overreacting to a 1-1 draw with rangers i was just reading about liverpool's pre-season...if you recall they finished 7th and had a good end to the season including a summary execution of another team on their own ground

rodgers wanted to ensure they started the season well so ran them into the ground in training, gerrard commenting it was some of the most difficult pre-season training he's ever had, and they've played 6, won 6, conceded 1 and scored 17 goals

take a moment to compare that to our pre-season preparations and results...we only guaranteed safety in game 37 of the season

it's things like this that has people like me so against pardew

They got beat 1 zip today off Celtic like.